PDA

View Full Version : I cried when I read this

Voodoo_Vince
10-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Everbody has read this it's from bungie.net Faq/info Halo 2 FAQ

2/11/2003 4:13 PM , by SketchFactor
Q Will the Artificial Intelligence be improved over Halo?

A Absolutely. The enemies in Halo were no slouches but this time around expect your opponents to be more cunning and tactical in their attempts to anihilate you. Covenant forces will use the environment to their advantage and make your job that much more difficult. You'll see the Covies scurrying under ledges, leaping over obstacles, and climbing up structures. They'll fluidly move with animal-like grace while talking and coordinating amongst their squads. They'll even use flashlights to hunt down MC in the darkness. It will take all of your wits and skills to overcome your adversaries this time around.

The Human forces will also be smarter this time around. They'll work better as a team and flip over objects to create cover. The Marines will also know how to call in support from a Warthog or point out an enemy sniper for an ally to take down.

All I could think about is , how freaking fun this is going to be , I can't even express in words how I feel, The A.I. in this game is something of Legend , if they pull it off , Being able to play Covenant or Marine in Multiplayer Death matches, it's almost like waiting for your first love to come home after a long trip , it's unbearable ...

thrAsher
10-11-2003, 02:12 PM
I agree. If they pull it all off, this game is gonna sell a buttload of Xboxes. One of my big gripes about Halo was the decision to not include the choice to be Covenant in Multiplayer mode. I can't wait to get my snipe on while playing a Grunt. :wink: :cheers:

MerimacHamwich
10-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Dudes, I am already experiencing this kind of AI in Half Life 2. It's great. When enemies come across barrels and stuff they hurl em at you, and they dive behind protection when you shoot at them. It's great, I can't wait until the full version comes out.

IlliniFan86
10-11-2003, 02:55 PM
yeah thats gonna be sweet, the AI was pretty good last year but with the improved AI that is gonna be 100000000000000000000000000000x better

Tim
10-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
Being able to play Covenant or Marine in Multiplayer Death matches, it's almost like waiting for your first love to come home after a long trip , it's unbearable ...

LMAO !

I know how you feel. It makes my wife laugh when I talk about this game. It's a phenomenon how we can feel so much emotion over a game.

This game is just simply going to rock.

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 03:50 PM
There's no game that I anticipate more than Halo 2...I think I share the feelings with many of you dudes here. I still play Halo on a regular basis...I can't wait to do more and more with Halo 2.

The A.I. in the first Halo was the best I have seen to date...But, if Halo 2 is going to set the benchmark even higher, that seriously is astonishing to me. I can't wait!!

Knight
10-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Too bad we have to wait to next year.

Dark Enemy
10-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Cant wait for this game but theres alot of games that will keep my busy tell our halo2 comes out

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Dark Enemy
Cant wait for this game but theres alot of games that will keep my busy tell our halo2 comes out

Yeah, like R6:3! I also plan on snagging Links 2004 to do a little XBL golfing! Also, check out xsnsports.com to join some tournies!

shawns20
10-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Halo 2 will make the XBox like the VCR... Everyone will have to have one, or 2 or 3...

Ford Mustang
10-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by shawns20
Halo 2 will make the XBox like the VCR... Everyone will have to have one, or 2 or 3...

True, so true. I absolutely cannot wait for this game.

Well, I guess I can, because I have to, but I certainly don't want to! :D. This game is gonna be a phenomenon when it is released. If you don't pre-order it you'll probably have to wait like a month at least to get a copy. :)

DocHoliday78
10-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Dudes, I am already experiencing this kind of AI in Half Life 2. It's great. When enemies come across barrels and stuff they hurl em at you, and they dive behind protection when you shoot at them. It's great, I can't wait until the full version comes out.

Yeah i havent had a chance to pick up the beta yet. I really wish Halo 2 would have as good of AI as HL2.

No Fear 23
10-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

Yeah i havent had a chance to pick up the beta yet. I really wish Halo 2 would have as good of AI as HL2.

u shouldnt say things that u never experienced. so u dont know if halo 2 is AI is better than HL2 and u dont know if HL2 AI is better than halo 2 becuase u havent even played the games yet. i think halo 2 will have the best AI.

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 11:41 PM
If you ask me, if the A.I. in any game actually reacts to your movements, shooting, or whatever, it's good A.I. I have a peeve when I am playing a shooter and I see an enemy poking their head out from behind a rock and you shoot them and they just flitch because of the shot but still stand there as if nothing happened. *cough* *cough* Turok *cough*

Koopa
10-12-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

so you mean you dled the illegal beta compiled from stolen source code?

meh i'm gonna hold off on dling the beta, just in hopes that it'll come out in november..

if not.....

idunno if i can resist the temptation.

but i dont wanna spoil it for myself...

but ****** i wanna try it..

agh..