PDA

View Full Version : Panzer dragoon orta

Madhattr
10-11-2003, 05:23 PM
well i was wnadering through my local blockbuster lookin at the huge selection of xbox games (sarcastic) and if there was one there i wanted to rent i couldnt find it, so i figured hey ill try panzer dragoon orta! the graphics always were kinda kewl and the story sounded good whenever a saw one of the earlier games kinda interesting, so i get it and i found the graphics were ok story kinda vague and dumb but other then that the part that takes the cake is the controls! these are the worst controls for any game ive ever played, whoever designed this game is a retard! you can be shooting at a pile of guys and all of a sudden your handicapped dragon will turn you completely around and get you killed, your stuck on this predetermined path of stupidity hovering beside the bosses, this games was major disappointing, i was hoping for some decent flying on my own but all i get is a leash. another bad part about these controls is someone can shoot at you and avoiding it is a choir in its own! you can be across the screen from the attack and somehow you still get hit! now let me tell u about how this game saves! you can play a whole episode just to die at the end and you go all the way back!! there are no charge up and sometimes you will have to fight two bosses or three in a row! i will never rent another panzer dragoon title ever!

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Why don't you write up a review of this game in our review section?

DocHoliday78
10-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Well considering the Panzer Dragoon series is one of the greatest of all time i am guessing you didnt give it a fair chance. Its called a rail shooter becasue your are on a specific path. Also i recommend that you capatalize some of your words. It is too hard to read your post.

Madhattr
10-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Well considering the Panzer Dragoon series is one of the greatest of all time i am guessing you didnt give it a fair chance. Its called a rail shooter becasue your are on a specific path. Also i recommend that you capatalize some of your words. It is too hard to read your post.

greatest of all time?? what kinda ****ty games do you play? and my religion forbids me from capitalization..lol

DOOM
10-11-2003, 11:53 PM
Um, Dude, PDO Kicks Arse IMHOP...
I Dont Know WTF Your Talking About!:huh:

Heavens Gate
10-12-2003, 06:38 AM
The game rocks! It's a masterpiece in technological design and yes, it's a *rail shooter* but that's what the series is all about. An arcade type rail shooter with stunning graphics and freaky boss battles.

Trento52
10-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Yeah i am gonna pick this game up sooner or later. I loved the demo on OXM.

Shadow20002
10-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey it's only 29.99 USD... ;)

LTM360
10-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Though I traded PDO it was a fantastic game, and I'd really like to know where your getting the controls sucked? Maybe you perfer it inverted, change that or something. But PDO is an amazing game, and you've got no mind at all if you dont enjoy the game.

JJaX
10-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LTM360
Though I traded PDO it was a fantastic game, and I'd really like to know where your getting the controls sucked? Maybe you perfer it inverted, change that or something. But PDO is an amazing game, and you've got no mind at all if you dont enjoy the game.

I think he meant the control sucked because you dont have free flight.

THats why its a "rail" shooter.

Panzer dragoon has a strong fan base and the games are well repsected.

I thought it was pretty cool, although i never finished it. I might have to start a new game up.

I also cant wait to unlock the original panzer dragoon :wink:

FuNkY mOnK
10-12-2003, 05:12 PM
The game is a rail shooter that is true, but it is more flexible then the traditional ones. This game is gorgeous and the controls work beautiful once mastered, something that other rail shooters lack. Dragoon isn't your cup of tea, but the comments were total bullsh-it.