PDA

View Full Version : TFLO, in game, online trailer.....Sweeeet!

prakeem
10-11-2003, 07:36 PM
After watching this trailer, I have a distinguished fixation to form an underground, mythical mafia consisting of faries, archers and witches, who wants in :wink:

True Fantasy Live Online (http://gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_truefantasylol_3.html)

This is going to be unlike any other mmorpg in existance. Real-time battle and chatting along with virtuosic visual brilliance and a simple, yet graceful battle system! I just hope that the price is right.

Variation-XBA
10-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Being a long time MMO player, I really can't wait for this one... it's going to be VERY very interesting how full voice support affects an MMO...

**waits for whiners to complain about monthly fee's**

Kyle Static
10-11-2003, 09:47 PM
My god..I cannot wait for this game. This will be my first MMORPG, so I'm foaming at the mouth. Its like zelda meets PSO! How can this not rock.:D

Madhattr
10-11-2003, 11:01 PM
now when this goes online will it be one huge enviroment where everyone goes (ie nexus) or is gonna be like individual servers? (ie neverwinter nights) i havent gone onto live yet for its complete lack of decent games and im curious about the rpgs xbox is putting out..

l Maximus l
10-11-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Madhattr
now when this goes online will it be one huge enviroment where everyone goes (ie nexus) or is gonna be like individual servers? (ie neverwinter nights) i havent gone onto live yet for its complete lack of decent games and im curious about the rpgs xbox is putting out..

Geez, dude...sounds like you need to buy some games.

Dirty DeStrO
10-14-2003, 10:59 AM
My only question concerning MMORPG's is .... WHat is the point? We all know that in RPG's there is some ultimate goal that you are striving for ... I am just curious as to what it is in a game like this. Is it just to build your character? Is there a final end to the game? Should there be a final boss that has to be beaten and the gamers who beat him win a prize? Wow, that is a great idea I just had.

Yankeez
10-14-2003, 12:01 PM
whats the release date on this shizzle?

Duke
10-14-2003, 12:04 PM
I don't think anything's been announced yet. I wouldn't count on it till at least late 2004. Not that I know or anything.

CarGuy
10-14-2003, 12:33 PM
OMG that was awesome..

Brevity
10-14-2003, 02:57 PM
I hear that they may do a BETA for this, and let normal joes like us in on it. I really cant wait. I got a few Q's about how all this full voice thing will work, I mean it kinda sounds limited, but we will see. I LOVE MMORPG's however they tend to make you play them and only them, and forget to do things like bath, eat, sleep, ect....and for that they stink.:p

FuNkY mOnK
10-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Madhattr
now when this goes online will it be one huge enviroment where everyone goes (ie nexus) or is gonna be like individual servers? (ie neverwinter nights) i havent gone onto live yet for its complete lack of decent games and im curious about the rpgs xbox is putting out.. Maybe you need some help lifting that rock you're under?:rolleyes:

JJaX
10-14-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO
My only question concerning MMORPG's is .... WHat is the point? We all know that in RPG's there is some ultimate goal that you are striving for ... I am just curious as to what it is in a game like this. Is it just to build your character? Is there a final end to the game? Should there be a final boss that has to be beaten and the gamers who beat him win a prize? Wow, that is a great idea I just had.

There really is no ultimate goal. The goal is to have fun in this virtual realm. Meeting new people, or gathering your friends to go kick some ass.

Imagine the DDC and G-unit rolling around 20 deep just robbing people. Or better yet, get all the XBA members to take over a town. Who knows? I cant wait!

Other things that got me interested. You dont have to walk around on foot all the time. You can get horses, dragons, even a broomstick. Hell you can even choose a life style that doesnt involve fighting.

I have a feeling this game will be everything anyones ever asked for in a MMORPG.

Im pretty sure i read that the fighting is turn based / real time, kinda like KOTOR.

And i hope theres a membership fee. It will keep the trolls out....let the people that want to play enjoy it the way it is intended.

Cryogenic Pyro
10-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

There really is no ultimate goal. The goal is to have fun in this virtual realm. Meeting new people, or gathering your friends to go kick some ass.

Imagine the DDC and G-unit rolling around 20 deep just robbing people. Or better yet, get all the XBA members to take over a town. Who knows? I cant wait!

Other things that got me interested. You dont have to walk around on foot all the time. You can get horses, dragons, even a broomstick. Hell you can even choose a life style that doesnt involve fighting.

I have a feeling this game will be everything anyones ever asked for in a MMORPG.

Im pretty sure i read that the fighting is turn based / real time, kinda like KOTOR.

And i hope theres a membership fee. It will keep the trolls out....let the people that want to play enjoy it the way it is intended.
A membership fee doesn't always keep the trolls out. It only keeps the poor trolls out...

Variation-XBA
10-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
I've never heard it worded better... :)

maneatingcow
10-15-2003, 05:53 AM
After getting to see this game up close and personal at E3, I was instantly sold. The ability to open your own shop and vend items, purchase and customize your own TFLO Crib (and even give keys to your friends for it), and the way your character's apearance changes depending on what you eat are all kick-ass features.

As for the voice chat, if I remember correctly, you can only talk to a set number of people that are close to you at any time, or you can choose to only hear voice from your current "Party." From the looks of that video, you can also display certain emotions (laughter, clapping, cheering) physically. Wonder if it is automated depending on the tone of your voice?

JJax, good point about the monthly fee keeping the trolls out, I had never thought of it that way. It will also go towards having more quests/items available in the future (As well as GM support so that any trolls that do pay money to annoy people will be delt with)

Xorg
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
if i only had xbox live.........:cry: