PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2004

pete_bhoy
10-12-2003, 03:30 PM
I cant wait for this game, comes out on the 24th here and all the new features are looking great. Im not sure how many of you North Americans are into "soccer" but i think you should all give this game a shot. I havent stopped playing FIFA 2003 since i got it!

Leviathon
10-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by pete_bhoy
I cant wait for this game, comes out on the 24th here and all the new features are looking great. Im not sure how many of you North Americans are into "soccer" but i think you should all give this game a shot. I havent stopped playing FIFA 2003 since i got it!

2003 looked great, but played horrible. The AI is so bad in that game that I had it for 1 day and took it back to EB games because I was so ticked off at the game. I hate that you rarely ever win a 50/50 ball kicked in the air from either the keeper or in a free kick. O and the free kick's, sucked too. The only buttons worth using are the B and Y. And has anyone found out what the right analog stick does...?:huh:

I hope that 2004 is better. Plus the franchise should be pretty good. I just wish that they would add in create a player like they have in every other friggin' EA game. They had it in 98, what happened. Why did they remove it?....
:cuss:

pete_bhoy
10-15-2003, 10:55 AM
They are saying thay they have done loads of work with off the ball control and stuff.

I agree only winning a few of the 50/50 s was annoying and i hope they do something with that.

BORNGD
10-16-2003, 04:13 PM
these games really havnt changed all that much...i havnt bought the last 3 cuz i felt i was basically playing the same game every year. Although, i am thinking of getting this one as it is about time for a new soccer game, and xbox really doenst offer anything in terms of soccer

Se7en
10-18-2003, 03:55 AM
The 50/50 thing was bad... But the thing that's truly awful in this game is if you have control of the ball and you stop moving, 9 times out of 10 the entire defense will stop too! Granted, it's a great way to run off time in the late minutes of a tightly-contested game, but so so so fake! Also, I wish that this game would use sliders, as I think the differences between the different difficulty settings are too steep.

Overall though, good game. :eek:

adzmullz1
10-18-2003, 02:12 PM
I have FIFA 2004, got it while ago (about 2 weeks). My friend works for a Game shop and they had a VERY early shipment, i gave him £50 and he sneaked me a copy.
I can say that it is MUCH better than 2003, plays more realistically and the graphics are MUCH , MUCH better. The management mode is also great, VERY addictive.

All in all, FIFA 2003 was a 6-7/10 , 2004 is a 9/10

pete_bhoy
10-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
I have FIFA 2004, got it while ago (about 2 weeks). My friend works for a Game shop and they had a VERY early shipment, i gave him £50 and he sneaked me a copy.
I can say that it is MUCH better than 2003, plays more realistically and the graphics are MUCH , MUCH better. The management mode is also great, VERY addictive.

All in all, FIFA 2003 was a 6-7/10 , 2004 is a 9/10

Thats exactly what i want to hear. CAnt wait atall for the game....

pete_bhoy
10-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Ive had this game for a few days now and all i can say is WOW.

Its amazing how much they have changed the gameplay. 50/50 s for example are amazing. Chasing a breakaway player is also changed instead of jostling or sliding in you now can end up grabbing the player and pull him back.

The Graphics are about 20 times better, extremly realistic.

My only complaint is that they sometimes have under rated great players.

Overall id give it a 9.6/10 ware as now comparing 2003 to it 2003 = 5/10

I hope that shows the drastic improvment from last year...

jabrre
11-11-2003, 09:40 AM
Im happy that the game is back to the days when it was on the Sega Genesis/Sega CD. Ever since the game went to other platforms, it hadnt been the same. However, the game is back on top now and I hope it stays there.

Yankeez
11-20-2003, 07:07 PM
graphics are definitely better but can i ask what a 50/50 is

thanx :cheers:

adzmullz1
11-21-2003, 04:22 AM
well, a 50/50 can be two things : Either a "50/50 pass" or a "50/50 challenge".
A 50/50 pass is when a ball is played and it could be won be either of the teams chasing it.
A 50/50 challenge is when two players, one from each team, go in for the same ball at the same time.

hope that helped..

Young_Fledgling
11-28-2003, 08:19 PM
is this one worth buying???

is the season anywhere as fun as it is in madden or nhl?

adzmullz1
11-29-2003, 03:46 AM
FIFA 2004 is DEFINATELY worth getting. OXM gave it 8.7 (which makes it an ELITE title) and i personally give it a 9.4 ,and seeing as i am a MAJOR football/soccer fan and the people at OXM are just a bunch of nerds who've probably never kicked a football in their lives, my score is more accurate.
It's 10 times better than last years game, and last years game was'nt that bad!

Leviathon
12-08-2003, 10:45 AM
I would agree for the most part that the gameplay has some great improvements. Still some qwirks, but much much better. Props to EA.

However, I am still not going to buy it after playing it. Why, replay value stinks IMO. The franchise mode, compared to other great EA titles, is very subpar. No create-a-player (CAP) really takes away from the game. Why does it not have CAP? All other games that EA produces has it except for FIFA. The last FIFA I bought was in 98. It had great options. I have not bought another and kept it since 98.

I am not sure if this is correct, but does the game having 10 million players in it take up too much programing space to include CAP? I would rather EA take out some of the leagues and teams and players if it meant we could have create a player.

adzmullz1
12-08-2003, 06:12 PM
I agree. FIFA should DEFINATELY have a create-a-player option, just so that you can feel that little bit closer to the action. Hopefully, Total Club Manager 2003 (the FIFA management game that you can use with FIFA) will have this option, then you can transfer yourseld to FIFA. sorted !.

dizzle
12-11-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm really thinking about buying this game -- I've always been a game of FIFA games but just recently I rented the last game and thought it blowed. After reading some of the reviews in this thread, I'll really loook into getting it.