PDA

View Full Version : Nyko's Air Flo EX for the Xbox Hitting Shelves

Shadow20002
10-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Nyko Technologies(TM), a manufacturer of innovative peripherals for video and computer games, has shipped its next-generation controller, the Air Flo(TM) EX for Xbox, to retail outlets and consumer electronic stores. Like the original Nyko Air Flo, the new Air Flo EX provides gamers with a consistent flow of fresh air through the controller grips, but has been redesigned for the Xbox with several new exciting features, including increased airflow and redesigned hand grips. The Air Flo EX for Xbox carries a suggested retail price of $29.99.

"The Nyko Air Flo Controller received tremendous praise at last year's E3 Expo," said Susan Corben, director of marketing, Nyko Technologies. "We are now bringing the same cutting edge technology to the Air Flo EX for Xbox, giving Xbox players a more comfortable gaming experience."

In addition to Nyko's patented Air Flo technology, the new Air Flo EX for Xbox boasts rubberized grips for improved comfort and control, two air speeds for customized ventilation, an improved 8-way D-pad response and a built-in variable vibration function. Air Flo EX for Xbox also has pressure sensitive analog buttons, a 10-foot cable and other standard features.

Air Flo EX for Xbox is 100 percent compatible with Xbox Live and is powered by the gaming system, eliminating the need for batteries.

Brevity
10-14-2003, 02:52 PM
No picture? Dang.:p

Shadow20002
10-14-2003, 04:05 PM
I try to get some but can't find it, why don't you help me huh ? ;)

Kraft
10-14-2003, 04:15 PM
XBA staff actually got some Airflow EX's at E3 from the great folks at the Nyko booth. The only problem was that the only ones they had completed were the PS2 and PC version... so I have a great PC controller :) Definately a great controller for the price they sell it at. I wrote the first one off as gimmicky, but it works suprisingly well.

Ugunnalose
10-14-2003, 07:08 PM
ill probably get one of em

Viper87227
10-14-2003, 10:56 PM
ive always liked the look of the airflows, never like the price tag. Im to poor to spent $30 on a controller when I already have 5.....oh well. I'm still planning on winning the lottery so ill get one then

Arven
10-15-2003, 08:45 AM
I heard the thumbsticks were kind of loose on the first one. They don't mention improving that.