PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Desert Storm II

Splinter-Seal
10-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Has anyone picked up Conflict Desert Storm II? I bought it the other night. I must say it is improved over the first one in more ways than one. The single biggest improvement, is the sounds -very nice. The controls aren't near as clunky as they were, however they could still use a little work. The graphics are better, but not by a mile margin. The A.I. "to me" seems about the same, sometimes a little aggravating actually. The games are quite similar, but I do like this one alot better. Decent game. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one aswell. However, I don't know of too many that actually praised the first one. Just checking.

:cheers:

Chaotic
10-14-2003, 02:55 PM
I have it on my pc and think it's great :)

Arven
10-14-2003, 10:04 PM
I'm interested in this one. I enjoyed the first a lot.

This one's been getting real mixed reviews. Some people say it's good, others really rip into it. I think it depends on your standards. The people who measure it against what a perfect game ought to be, they are very disappointed, because (as we all know) the game has problems. Those who have a lot of tolerance for imperfections, and focus on their enjoyment of the levels/missions (vs. quality of AI, control, etc.), seem to like it more.

I'm still undecided myself. I know I want to play it. I'm just not sure how much I'm willing to pay. Probably not $50.

Viper87227
10-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Its a good game. NOt on par with ghost recon. I expected more with my standars set at SOCOMs level, and it isnt at good as that game, but oh well SOCOM isnt for Xbox. All in all its something that I could easily reccoment, its alot better than the 1st

MerimacHamwich
10-14-2003, 11:32 PM
I have it for PC, and I love it. Definetly better than the first. Squad control is the same, basically, but it works well. The addition of ragdoll physics was essential, as every game that can use them, should. THe graphics are definetly improved as well. I am confident in calling them superior PS2 graphics. Which means they are average Xbox graphics. Anyhow, I have alot of gaming to do these days.
:cheers:

Adawg
10-18-2003, 10:42 PM
I got it too....I like it ...I like the sound track options....I love the 4 player co-op.

Arven
10-19-2003, 08:59 AM
I bought it yesterday and really like it. The level design in CDS is great. There are so many ways to play through a map. I've gone back and replayed the first segment of the first level six times, just to try different tactics out. I love the mix of run-and-gun and tactics in this series. Level design and missions are the standouts. Graphics, AI, and control are less than perfect, but better than in CDS1. If you liked the first one, get this.

Adawg
10-19-2003, 09:46 PM
^^^ true dat!!!!

EHWfedPres
10-20-2003, 01:39 PM
I played the first one and I love some of the missions, but there was one thing that bothered me more than anything...

does CFD2 have that glitch where the weapon will not fire? I usually played as the demo guy and the main dude, by friend was the sniper and the black guy, and sometimes my automatic weapons just wouldnt fire...very annoying.

Cold_As_Ice
10-20-2003, 01:52 PM
In my honest opinion, the Conflict series of games are the most mediocre peices of trash I have ever played. I rented the first game in the series, Conflict: Desert Storm, and I was disgusted with the hidious graphics, retarded A.I, mindless level design, and aweful sound effects. I have seen videos of the second game, and it doesn't appear to be superior in any of these facets.

Ford Mustang
10-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
In my honest opinion, the Conflict series of games are the most mediocre peices of trash I have ever played. I rented the first in the series, Conflict: Desert Storm, and I was disgusted with the hidious graphics, retarded A.I, mindless level design, and aweful sound effects. I have seen videos of the second game, and it doesn't appear to be superior in any facet.

:eek: Ooook....

I loved the first game. I'll probably pick this one up if the nearest Wal Mart has it in stock. :)

Arven
10-20-2003, 07:49 PM
AI, graphics, and audio are all improved. Calling the level design "mindless" is awfully strange, since most people agree that the missions and level design are two of the strong points of CDS. Oh well, to each his own, I guess. Personally, I love the game, in spite of its obvious flaws.

EHWfedPres
10-21-2003, 01:37 AM
So is the not being able to shoot glitch in cfd2?

ScottTheKilla
10-23-2003, 12:04 PM
This series isnt exactly hard or have the best graphics but I like these type of games. They are fun and give you freedom of different choices to accomplish a level. Freedom Fighters is another game like this that was really easy but still fun. They need to make a Conflict for the current situation in afghanistan though.

bbchs_trash
10-23-2003, 01:51 PM
"not being able to shoot glitch"

In the first this was due to the heavy gunner weapons needed your personal to be stationary while using those. In the 2nd version, this has been fixed. They now allow you to use your heavy artillery on the run. While not exactly real, being as accuracy would be a no go, it is a benefit to the gamer himself.

BTW - I've only played the demo on the OXM disc, but from that, the "glitch" was fixed.