PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR gets a planet

Brevity
10-15-2003, 07:27 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking to BioWare earlier today, the developer confirmed with us that the PC version of its RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which has gone down a storm already on Xbox, will definitely feature brand new content and other tweaks and enhancements.
Touching on visual improvements initially, BioWare informed us that the PC version of KOTOR benefits from improved textures, a wider variety of NPC models - lack of variety here proved to be one of the few negative comments levelled at the Xbox version - and higher resolution capabilities (up to 1600x1200 - "The game looks incredible at this resolution," according to BioWare).

While such enhancements are expected, far more interesting was the developer's revelation that several additions have been made to the content of the PC version of the game. Talking about added content, BioWare man and KOTOR lead designer James Ohlen told us that: "We have a new planet that you can visit, it's a space station orbiting the planet of Yavin.

"The space station is a small area where you can buy new items, meet a few new NPCs. It's got it's own movies as well - one landing sequence and a leading sequence."

"We also have a bunch of new items," he continued, "New weapons, armour, lightsaber crystals and a new colour of lightsaber. We've also spent a lot of time developing the keyboard and mouse interface to ensure that it's as intuitive as possible."

Ohlen also had some good news for owners of the Xbox version of KOTOR in possession of a Live account. "Eventually the new items and the new planet featuring in the PC version will be downloadable through Xbox Live," he replied when questioned about plans for Xbox Live support.

Although not giving us an exact date for the arrival of the downloadable content for the Xbox version of the RPG, he did say that: "As soon as the PC version of KOTOR is done we'll finish off the Xbox Live stuff. And since it's essentially adding in the PC additions, it shouldn't take that long, I don't think."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it begins

Meh not bad but just a few npcs? Where are the quests????Source (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=97339)

RudedogX
10-15-2003, 07:45 AM
My question is when will it be released for Live? It says eventually...that could be a year later!

JJaX
10-15-2003, 08:01 AM
Im just pi55ed off because i cant go to any other planets....

I had 1 saved game, and i saved it right before the last fight. (As anyone else would do)

jelgiad
10-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Im just pi55ed off because i cant go to any other planets....

I had 1 saved game, and i saved it right before the last fight. (As anyone else would do)

thats why i always cycle between 3 or 4 save slots so i always have an number places i can go back to.

MerimacHamwich
10-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Sweet news. My friend lent me this game "For as long as you want." So I have been playing it, well played it. I only really have time on the weekends so I am just starting the quest to find the star maps. Anyhow, I love the game, and will without a doubt get it on PC.
:cheers:

DocHoliday78
10-15-2003, 11:40 AM
suhweeet! I was waiting to hear if any new stuff was gonna come out for the PC. I cant wait to look at this bad boy in the high resolution modes.:cheers:

Kortiz
10-15-2003, 12:27 PM
well, i'll have to wait until the new content is released for the xbox until i play it again.....

JediMasterChief
10-16-2003, 05:39 AM
I don't have Xbox LIVE so I don't really care, however, the KotOR we got on Xbox is perfect as it is.

JJaX
10-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad

thats why i always cycle between 3 or 4 save slots so i always have an number places i can go back to.

That kind of ruins the "role playing" part for me. I play the game, assume the role, and whatever happens happens. THeres no reloading and doing things different.

RudedogX
10-16-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

That kind of ruins the "role playing" part for me. I play the game, assume the role, and whatever happens happens. THeres no reloading and doing things different.
Even if you come up against a bug? You know you'd be screwed then right?:huh:

JJaX
10-16-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Even if you come up against a bug? You know you'd be screwed then right?:huh:

I save often...If a bug occurs(which didnt) i would reload.

Shadow20002
10-16-2003, 11:17 AM
The one get out the further will get the benefits. ;)

Diddy
10-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Well they better release the DLC before October 29 because Im trading in KOTOR for Rainbow MWUAHAHAHAAHA. And whats the point of releasing another planet when there are no quests for it???

After you find out who you are(didnt want to spoil game for anyone) and depending on which side you are(Light/Dark). You should be able to like enslave all the people on the planet lol, or if youre a good guy, kill some fascious(spell?) dictators hehehehehe.

New items isnt going to cut it for me.

Maybe have my character dancing with chewy at a bar as one of the quests??? Then I would keep this game.