PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Crimson Skies Reviews

Brevity
10-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Review 1, (90 (out of 100) baby!) (http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_699/nl/reviewDisp.htm)
Review 2 (94%) (http://www.consolegold.com/reviews/xbox/crimsonskies/crimsonskies.shtml)

http://www.nlgaming.com/games/970/4.jpg
http://www.nlgaming.com/games/970/nlg-image15.jpg

Bottom Line - Just For The Online Play Alone!
I was tossed up a bit about the overall impact of this game on the market. Once again, it doesn't have a household name that seems to keep a lot of decent games from being looked at. Then I got this puppy online, and I was totally blown away. This is a great game, and one that online gamers should have on their shelf. I still would love to hear feedback from some of the hardcore flight gamers and see what you think. But this marks yet another solid solid solid game from Microsoft Game Studios. They seem to be on a roll lately, and good for them!
http://www.nlgaming.com//games/970/shot51.jpg
http://www.nlgaming.com//games/970/shot60.jpg

ME: Watch the vids at that first site they are great if you have not seen them b4.

Chaotic
10-15-2003, 07:50 AM
:yikes:

That video is so sweet, you can actuatly land your plane and get out and take control of guns.. omg :D Can't wait for this.

Brevity
10-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage
:yikes:

That video is so sweet, you can actuatly land your plane and get out and take control of guns.. omg :D Can't wait for this.
This is how it went for me:::WATCHED VID::::::READ REVIEWS:::::PREORDERED.

:p

JJaX
10-15-2003, 08:09 AM
WOw that looks awesome, i cant wait.

Ive always wanted to flex my dog fighting skills, and it looks like my chance is coming.

I hope theres a free flight mode as well. The enviroments look beautiful...

Matt Freegard
10-15-2003, 08:09 AM
I'm 100% buying this game!:D

When I get my £40 back from RAW 2 I'll have to invest quite alot of money come end of October...
1.Crimson Skies
2.NFL ESPN
3.NHL ESPN
4.XIII

Don't get me started on November,there's just so many!!!:cheers:

RudedogX
10-15-2003, 08:20 AM
I've been saying since E3 this is a must have title, this just reaffirms it.

l Maximus l
10-15-2003, 08:01 PM
After reading those reviews and seeing this game in action, I just may have to reconsider renting this first and just buy this straight out instead! I was afraid that this game would end up being like a Bloodwake but in the air...and I think dukebuckhorn was afraid it may be a Mechassault in the air...either way we both looked at it, it seems that our thoughts are contrary to what it's all about. This game appears to be a must buy to me :D

Whoopage
10-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
After reading those reviews and seeing this game in action, I just may have to reconsider renting this first and just buy this straight out instead! I was afraid that this game would end up being like a Bloodwake but in the air...and I think dukebuckhorn was afraid it may be a Mechassault in the air...either way we both looked at it, it seems that our thoughts are contrary to what it's all about. This game appears to be a must buy to me :D

I could have told you that you dirty Wanker....

No Fear 23
10-15-2003, 09:23 PM
im pretty sure all of you will be playing rainbow six. i never liked flying games bc when someone passes you, u have to turn all the way round to go after them. well to make it short, i never played a good flying game that had the best control scheme. so im gonna wait on this.

l Maximus l
10-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
im pretty sure all of you will be playing rainbow six. i never liked flying games bc when someone passes you, u have to turn all the way round to go after them. well to make it short, i never played a good flying game that had the best control scheme. so im gonna wait on this.

You know, I will be playing both R6:3 and Crimson Skies...the way I see it is that they are two completely different games...and I know I'll be in atleast one of those two types of moods when I want to sit down and own people :D

I also want to pick up Links 2004...supreme golf is coming soon! November is the month for this bad boy :cheers:

Koopa
10-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

You know, I will be playing both R6:3 and Crimson Skies...the way I see it is that they are two completely different games...and I know I'll be in atleast one of those two types of moods when I want to sit down and own people :D

I also want to pick up Links 2004...supreme golf is coming soon! November is the month for this bad boy :cheers:

ditto on everything...

except links..

i just can't understand people's fascination with golf, or sports games in general.
blah
so yeah crimson skies and r63 for me...then rebel strike and either ninja gaiden, or call of duty to fill the hole left by half life 2's (possible) delay.

DocHoliday78
10-16-2003, 12:26 AM
Hmmmm, looks like i might have to give this game a serious try. After watchign the videos i must say the game looks great. And its live compatable which makes it orgasmic.

LynxFX
10-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I've been saying since E3 this is a must have title, this just reaffirms it.
Exactly, what have we all been saying since E3! :D

Maybe I will finally get back on Live after a 4 month hiatus.

l Maximus l
10-16-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Koopa

ditto on everything...

except links..

i just can't understand people's fascination with golf, or sports games in general.
blah

Golf is a game that involves a lot of strategy. Consider that different clubs hit certain distances...also different heights...now take into consideration the wind factor. This and so much more it's not even funny. Golf is a hugely competitive game and Links 2004, IMO, is going to teach Tiger Woods PGA Tour a thing or two to how real golf sims are supposed to be played.

Hey, man...if you're not into golf, it's all good. I just think it's a nice change of pace to kick back, shoot the shizzle with a few buddies on XBL while consuming a few of my favorite frosty beverages :D

RudedogX
10-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA

Exactly, what have we all been saying since E3! :D

Maybe I will finally get back on Live after a 4 month hiatus.
I haven't had a 4 month hiatus, but it has been on and off. Either way, yeah, this and Rainbow 6 will keep me busy for some time to come.

And whoopage...you're one too ya know!:yikes:

dronezero
10-16-2003, 11:57 AM
I think I will give this game a rent first. I am thinking it might be a little too arcadey for my tastes. Plus I don't have live so. :cry:

RudedogX
10-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by dronezero
I think I will give this game a rent first. I am thinking it might be a little too arcadey for my tastes. Plus I don't have live so. :cry:
Yeah, I'm not sure how worth the game will be without Live, but from what I understand it's supposed to still be decent. And yes, it is more 'arcady' than a true SIM.

MerimacHamwich
10-16-2003, 06:49 PM
After watching the second video I just realised how crazy playing capture the flag in (almost)Free-Space is going to be. Instead of having to look for a guy relatively close to one plane, you are going to have to search for this guy above, below, behind infront etc etc. Insanity I say.

Anyhow, I think there is huge potential for this to turn into a mechassault. Sad as it is, I think they are kind of on the same level as eachother, both have incredible potential, but the arcadeyness wins out in the end and kind of ruins the game. However, being that Crimson Skies is a sky based game, I think it will rid the game of alot of problems Mech Assault has.

I have hope, but I will rent it first.

Kyle Static
10-16-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm so hyped about this game, I really hope this helps XBL for me. When I first got it it was amazing but after a while it just kinda got boring. Nobody in my friends list is ever online!

I'll definitley be picking this game up as soon as possible. Dogfights...gah. XBL here I come.

l Maximus l
10-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
After watching the second video I just realised how crazy playing capture the flag in (almost)Free-Space is going to be. Instead of having to look for a guy relatively close to one plane, you are going to have to search for this guy above, below, behind infront etc etc. Insanity I say.

Anyhow, I think there is huge potential for this to turn into a mechassault. Sad as it is, I think they are kind of on the same level as eachother, both have incredible potential, but the arcadeyness wins out in the end and kind of ruins the game. However, being that Crimson Skies is a sky based game, I think it will rid the game of alot of problems Mech Assault has.

I have hope, but I will rent it first.

Personally, I don't know how a person can compare Mechassault with Crimson Skies other than it appears to be somewhat arcady...which isn't a bad thing at all to me. One of my big qualms with Mechassault is that it takes 5000000 shots to bring down a mech...which is okay at first, but, after taking out 3 of those bad boys, it gets annoying and redundant.

I don't see that issue with Crimson Skies at all. A few shots can bring down a plane if it dead on.

l Maximus l
10-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
I'm so hyped about this game, I really hope this helps XBL for me. When I first got it it was amazing but after a while it just kinda got boring. Nobody in my friends list is ever online!

I'll definitley be picking this game up as soon as possible. Dogfights...gah. XBL here I come.

It sounds like you need to add some of the addicts to your buddy list! There's nothing more fun than battling it out with your XBA buddies and then talking trash all over this website :D