PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Xbox version out in 2004

Shadow20002
10-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Wannabe made men are going to have to wait just a little longer to live out all their favourite Don Corleone fantasies. Mafia on Xbox and PS2 is Illusion Softworks' conversion of its PC title that lets you take on the role of some two-bit hood and engineer his rise to the top of the family in 1930s America.
The title originally appeared on PC, but perhaps this vintage gangster take on the GTA-style car-jacking game may be a more natural console title. Mafia was originally slated for release in time for Christmas, but it seems we're now looking at a January release. Assuming we don't receive a racehorse's head through the post, we'll give youse douchebags all the latest as it comes in...

Source@ (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/)

DocHoliday78
10-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Meh, the game was awesome when it came out on PC. That was two years ago, and i am not sure if its up to standards anymore especially on the xbox's level. If they are smart they wont charge 50 for it.

JediMasterChief
10-16-2003, 05:42 AM
The PC version was quite entertaining and on Xbox it would be even better, although I am sort of hesitating, since it IS a port. But still GTA3 and GTA Vice City are being ported in an excellent way, so I'm sure Mafia will turn out fine too.

DOOM
10-16-2003, 08:17 AM
I'll Be Getting This Bad Boy!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Viper87227
10-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Since my PC doesnt have the balls to run this game, I will be getting it for Xbox for sure. I don't mind waiting either, with all the other good games coming out soon, im going to be broke

LTM360
10-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
Since my PC doesnt have the balls to run this game, I will be getting it for Xbox for sure. I don't mind waiting either, with all the other good games coming out soon, im going to be broke

Same for me, too many games are comming out within the next few months. So I'm glad this is comming out a little later. Gives me time to save. (Currently saving for Rainbow Six 3)

Ford Mustang
10-16-2003, 05:32 PM
I'll probably grab this game for Xbox since I didn't get it for PC. :)