PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3 XBox Interview (and perhaps new box art)

Brevity
10-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Source (http://www.3davenue.com/index.php?mod=article&id=240)
http://www.3davenue.com/boxart/99.jpg

3DA: Ubisoft has made it very clear that Rainbow Six 3 is not a port. What made you decide to create a brand new game and are there any influences from Raven Shield and Athena Sword?

MM: For sure, the reason that we decided to make a different game was that the audience for consoles is very different to the audience for PCs. PC audiences are willing to put a little more time in reading things and planning and things like that, the console audience want to go right into the action, they just want to be immersed, they want to have this really incredible experience, they want to learn as they go. So we set out with that in mind and we said "you know what, what plays good on the PC doesn’t play as well on console" and we’ve seen it in the past where companies just dump a game over one way or the other and it just doesn’t work. As far as influences sure we started with Raven Shield code and that was kind of the basis. Raven Shield is the storyline of the PC game and we have a whole new storyline, new missions, enhanced AI, no multiple teams, the hero’s game. You have up to three team mates with you but you don’t pick them and you don’t arm them. They are assigned to you. So there is a whole bunch of different things. If you die in the game, you restart the mission. Period, end of story. There is no switching to another guy, it’s a real hero game versus on the PC you could play as a kind of a turn based or real time strategy game by planning and then saying I want to watch. You could create a plan and then play, you could not go with a plan and do lone wolf you had all these different games. On the console we said we know what we are going to do and we are going to do it really well. We redesigned the reticle, we changed just about everything but because we started with the Raven Shield codebase we were able to do all this in nine months instead of three years. So in a way the console has had about a thirteen months development time where the PC had about twenty month development time.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/11604.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/11605.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/11601.jpg
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/11602.jpg

Papke
10-15-2003, 05:24 PM
I can't wait for this game, I already reserved it and paid for the whole thing.

Everyone who wants to play, send me an invite and we can get it on over LIVE. :D

NorCal Kid
10-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Yea, I can't wait either, I reserved the game and got that demo disk. The demo is amazing and I can't wait to play on live.

rpgreligion
10-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Man, I really need to come up with 50 bucks :(

I can't wait for this game.

l Maximus l
10-15-2003, 07:26 PM
I have this on Pre-order and can't wait to get my greedy palms on it. I'll see you dudes on the XBox Live superhighway :wink:

Liquid Gears
10-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Would you look at those grafics! The guys who put this game together have pure talent.

I absolutely can't wait for this game. I'll be sure to pick this baby up on the first day.

l Maximus l
10-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Would you look at those grafics! The guys who put this game together have pure talent.

I absolutely can't wait for this game. I'll be sure to pick this baby up on the first day.

And to think...this game looks even more bad ass in motion...and even moreso on my HDTV :D

Covenant Comm.
10-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Personal i think R6 will be amazing. I also pre-ordered and the demo was so much fun i played it so much. And any Tom Clancy games all are really good so far, so my way of thing is lets add another one to the growing collection of great FPS games :cheers:

Kyle Static
10-16-2003, 08:48 PM
R6:3 is the type of game that could put XBL to its full potential. I'm really hoping this game doesn't use the same search engine as GR or GR: IT because I still can't find a damn game for either. R6:3 has me seriously hyped and November is a great month for live.

Viper87227
10-16-2003, 08:55 PM
The screens look nice but damn that box is fugly. I hope they go with the original red one instead of that.

I still dont know if im am going to get this game right away or not. I also want CS and only have the money for one, I dont have live etiher so if CS has the CZ missions and bot play offine ill probably get that since even LAN games of CS lag on my computer....,.but otherwise i';ll go with this game.

Adawg
10-19-2003, 10:02 PM
I cant wait too ..I'm going to pre-order it.

l Maximus l
10-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Adawg
I cant wait too ..I'm going to pre-order it.

If you pre-order it from Electronics Boutique, you'll get a free playable demo of one of the maps for Rainbow Six: 3, plus downloadable content for GR: Island Thunder and Splinter Cell. Plus Playable demos of not only Rainbow Six: 3, but: GR, GR: IT, and Splinter Cell. It only costs $10 which goes towards your R6:3 pre-order :)

You might as well as practice now...see you on-line :cool:

SPARTAN VI
10-20-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Kyle Static
R6:3 is the type of game that could put XBL to its full potential. I'm really hoping this game doesn't use the same search engine as GR or GR: IT because I still can't find a damn game for either. R6:3 has me seriously hyped and November is a great month for live.

No, if you've played the demo (the one that comes with your preorder) you'd know it feels and looks more like the Splinter Cell engine- which is actually the Unreal 1 engine, yes, the old Unreal ONE engine.

Warchant
10-20-2003, 09:15 AM
wow, those graphics look awesome!

i can't wait to see the rest of this game

Cold_As_Ice
10-20-2003, 04:47 PM
That box art is specifically intended for the PAL release of Rainbow Six 3. I'm almost sure of this, but not 100%.

Diddy
10-20-2003, 08:04 PM
The AUG sucks BTW, and how come u cant cook grenades???

For those of u who have the demo, u can pull the pin on a frag and run around for however long u want and it wont explode till u throw it.

And its not the clip thats keeping it from exploding either, u pull the pin then throw and the clip stays on there.

Does anyone know what the new headset u get with the game looks like?????

EDIT:

Im adding u all to my friends list tomorrow, so say yes to The Malicious and/or clear a spot for me!!!!

Variation-XBA
10-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Mines fully paid for, and Ive beaten the demo numerous times... :)

Adawg
10-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Hell ya ..I just got pre-oreded it ..and Got the demo disk....this game is going to be so sick.....And the GR:IT maps are sick too ..I love the Riverbed.