PDA

View Full Version : Weird and funny Halo stuff

Stygard
10-16-2003, 12:41 AM
What sort of weird and funny stuff have people done in Halo?

In co-op, I heard that if you park the WH next to overshields outside the Silent Cartogrpaher, and put 20 grenades under it by killing your partner, you can then throw one under, grab a shield, hop in the truck and land on the SC alive.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 12:48 AM
Hey, me and my friend have stood on the ledge in front of the installation to get to the security door on Silent carty, and he put a plasma on my foot. After 2.5 seconds i jumped and i had this wicked explosion from my foot and my guy launched in the air it was awesome.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 12:52 AM
(by the way i sent you another pm)

Also me and that same friend put the WH next to the left entrance of that same installation with the security door (Left is when your looking at the building). I drove as fast as i could off the cliff and as i drove, my friend ran along side me for a sec and chucked a plasma on the WH. It did flips like unimagined. We also got it to do different flips pending on where we threw the gernade on it. So check it out!

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 01:00 AM
by the way, i want to change my icon, but i dont know how the custom avatar doodad works could ya help me?

Stygard
10-16-2003, 01:17 AM
I haven't posted enough to change mine yet, but your's seems to have changed already anyways.

I heard that on Legendary you can get three guns on the Pillar of Autumn. Right before activating the Capatain's cut-scene, run back and you can pick a gun and then you can have three somehow, I have not tried it though.

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 01:30 AM
We will have to see if that acctually happens, not to mention i copied this one off of another guys, so its not really mine

AC/DC Halo Man
10-16-2003, 01:34 AM
Alright i got what i wanted, and i will check out some of your stuff if you check out mine ok? And hurry up, you need an icon! (not pressure applied, just ya know, gotta §ee my buddy gettin one!)

Variation-XBA
10-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Wow, half your post count is in this thread ;) Thats what PM's are for :)

gerbil
10-22-2003, 09:36 AM
on multiplayer ...

HANG EM HIGH ... getting the sniper rifle in the middle of the arena from the blue or red base :D

BATTLE CREEK ... teleporting thru the blue base .. INSIDE the blue base from the red side :D

Conchord
11-01-2003, 03:54 PM
the funniest thing, to me, is the marines comments...

After turning on me for tking more than 2 of them, the marine that killed me goes, 'Should I feel good about that?'

BunnyRabbit
11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
The best ever thing is when I jumped off the ship and landed safely on the planet below on the last level...That or on the snow level..I know a hard way down the cliffside that will make it towhere you dont pass the loading point for enemies...The cliffside descending trick is easy on 2p but I figured out initially on 1p...

Wolfboy_888
11-18-2003, 11:15 AM
this has probably happened for everyone...my friend and i were playing co-op and it was a pretty serious game on legendary..anyways we had just gone into the building on the beach level..i cant believe i forgot its name....its where the yellow elite is...anyways...as i said we were all serious then i guess i died or something cause we were getting pounded in an ambush situation... and i was watching him play...no ammo...red health.. and all the sudden he comes along a grunt...no ammo pistol in hand...my friend goes "what do i do" ....i go "Melee!" real quick...well he hits that grunt over a cliff and that mo fo screams all the way down...we just started laughing so hard...then some elite a-hole decide hes gonna hit him from behind and my buddy dies and plummets all the way down....the elite ended up getting the last laugh...the ups and downs ..and the eventual downs of a halo game..

DrySpyder
11-18-2003, 12:11 PM
My Friend was being stupid on the "Assault on Control Room"... Anyway, he decided at the bridge where the banshee's attack the Pelican Dropship... that he would try and save it... He ran over and Jumped off the edge, bounced off of a banshee, off the pelican... to the ground and stayed alive... This inturn made things get goofy....

mayjachance
11-23-2003, 02:34 AM
I like to shoot the arms off the flood, after you do that they just follow you around like lost puppy dogs!

TuffEagle88
11-23-2003, 04:47 PM
on Attack on the Control room, after you kill the two hunters and get outside to the bridge with the 2 banshees, I usually rush out there with a rocket launcher and shoot the back of the nearest Banshee before the elite gets into it, which sends it flying over the edge so you can get it later, or jump down onto the ramp looking thing that runs up to the tower(u will lose your shield, but not your health, so kill the tanks and other covenant first). By doing this you get by all of the bad guys on the way up to the control room except for when you open the big door. I also run out with a sniper rifle and shoot first the elite nearest me, then the one that runs to the nearest banshee, all of the grunts and jackels will run away leaving you with a banshee to have some fun killing everything else with.:D

Conchord
11-24-2003, 10:08 AM
On the Silent Cartographer level, at the very beginning when the Pelican drops off the warthog, ride around the exterior of the island with 2 marine passengers until you come around the corner past where you will end the level. You should pass under a circular rock overpass...then straight ahead of you is a ramp type ledge with a circle of Jackals standing there, with Elites and grunts around them. Go full speed over the ledge, and right before you get over it (about halfway), hit X and jump out...the momentum should send the warthog flying over the hill and right into the middle of the Covenant guards. The marines start shooting the hell out of the Covenant, but they won't last long. Run over to the two huge logs over on the ground to your right and stand, fire, and cover until you take out all of the Gurnts and the Jackals...the battle is never the same twice, but for best effects play it on Heroic (on Legendary your marines won't last for more than 5 seconds). Its pretty fun, and one of the most intense moments I've yet had, besides the massive armada battle near the end of 'Two Betrayals.'