PDA

View Full Version : No hope for EA. NBA Live has horrible framerate!!!

Heavens Gate
10-16-2003, 08:34 AM
I can't believe the framerate on this game. It would be a great game except the framerate is real bad at times. Last year there were no problems. How can this game be worse??? I don't get it. Try it for yourself. B-ball games are not supposed to have a bad framerate.

CharlieHustle
10-16-2003, 09:02 AM
Oh well, i was betting on ESPN b-ball anyways. I was gonna rent live to give it a chance, but ill keep those 5 dollars. Poor EA

mattgame
10-16-2003, 09:07 AM
EA has screwed it up again. Is it just for the Xbox version? We have all said it, EA and Xbox are really on bad terms and we are suffering for it.:mad:

CharlieHustle
10-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Sufferin??? How? We do have an option for another even better b-ball game. When sega drop their b-ball game, then it will benefit all of us. Because it will be online enabled and the gameplay will be tighter than ea's(IMO). So to me, EA is only hurtin themselves.

DocHoliday78
10-16-2003, 11:39 AM
The only thing we are suffering for is the lack of online play for the peopole that somehow actually think that madden is better thank 2k4. Oh well nba 2k4 is gonna kick live's ass once again so its no biggie.

mattgame
10-16-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
The only thing we are suffering for is the lack of online play for the peopole that somehow actually think that madden is better thank 2k4. Oh well nba 2k4 is gonna kick live's ass once again so its no biggie.

I agree on both counts. EA is screwing themselves. I am talking about those who are less informed and buy this game as well as other EA games based on the name alone. I will not purchase any other EA sports titles until this crap is worked out.

Knight
10-16-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
I can't believe the framerate on this game. It would be a great game except the framerate is real bad at times. Last year there were no problems. How can this game be worse??? I don't get it. Try it for yourself. B-ball games are not supposed to have a bad framerate.

Maybe you should return it for the Sega NBA game.

Titty
10-16-2003, 03:36 PM
yes EA is killing itself but not enabling live for xbox but soon that will pass. you can possibly look for 2004 series from EA on xbl but all we can do is hope which is what im doing. I despyze Sega sports games. I think their awful period and ill never spend money on a sega sports game ever or ever have. I still buy the madden series, the nhl series from EA which i think even without live enabled still slaughter sega sports "online" games by far. but thats my opinion and im entitled to one so for you "imature"
people who want to say **** to me for an opinion please do because all i can do here is laugh at you internet people who think they tough on the net. ;)

on a lighter note microsoft is comin out with few good sport games like Links 2004 and topspin which im going to be buying.

selowitch
10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
I used to love Bulls vs. Lakers way back on the Sega Genesis and the NBA Live series on the Playstation. But now EA's basketball titles really stink, and Sega has clearly surpassed them.

# 1 Stunner
10-16-2003, 04:02 PM
if it aint online i wot play it, thats why im getting sega's bball game, but on this nba live game, cant u create your own dunks??

CharlieHustle
10-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
if it aint online i wot play it, thats why im getting sega's bball game, but on this nba live game, cant u create your own dunks??

You said it just right, it gotta be LIVE enabled for me to play. I dont pay 40 dollars a month for high speed for nothin. Also i would prefer sega over EA anytime. If you like EA, thats good for you, i know i aint gonna hate on you, but i personally think that, if you have LIVE, you should give SEGAs offering a try, you are missin out on some good games.

Heavens Gate
10-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Knight

Maybe you should return it for the Sega NBA game.

I am planning on buying ESPN. It is my 1st choice but it isn't out yet. I bought Live because I grew up on Marv Albert commentating and think he is a great commentator. The game stinks and I know ESPN will be waaayyy better than live I just like REAL announcers once in awhile. Live really does stink this year. The framerate alone kills it. I have already taken it in for a trade. I own all of the ESPN brand games and will continue to buy them. I was just in a hurry to buy a B-Ball game. I never thought a framerate problem would hinder Live considering last years version didn't have a problem. Stay far away from this stinker:o

By the way, the PS2 version also has a framerate problem . The graphics in the PS2 version are alot worse than the Xbox version. It must have been bad coding. They tried to do too much and failed miserably. ESPN baby. Now and forever. EA games will not take any more of my shelf space.

l Maximus l
10-17-2003, 01:36 AM
One thing I hate about Live is that it is so easy to just run down the court and score. Then, your opponent does the same thing on the way back. It basically follows this pattern all the way through the game...and if you accidentally miss for some wierd or odd reason, you just lost the game.

Live is pretty pathetic...always has been, IMO. Good graphics, but, crap gameplay and presentation. And, to top it all off, this year has a horrible framerate. :rolleyes:

mattgame
10-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Ya know I almost got banned commenting on Madden. I just get a little upset when we get ripped off. This is being tapped in the booty sans lubricant my friends. I know they test these games before they send them but they obviously don't give a shizzell and think we will cop their games anyway. We need to utilize our power of the consumer and don't buy anything EA. :cuss:

selowitch
10-17-2003, 09:41 AM
I'm not trying to cast doubt on anybody's technical knowledge here, but how exactly does one know for sure that its the framerate, and not some other aspect of the game or its code, that is responsible for flickering, blocky animation, or whatever else we see in a game like NBA Live 2004 that we don't like?

Food for thought....

mdooz
10-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it sucks so much it's average scores aren't less then 86% for any platform.
I know that EA was stupid for not having their games LIVE enabled, but that doesn't mean you should just say their game sucks. I do agree that ESPN will be better, but not by that much. ESPN will just be a better simulation b-ball game then Live. Live is more of an arcade b-ball game.

Se7en
10-18-2003, 04:36 AM
On a somewhat related note, has anyone heard about the MS B-Ball game? I'm pretty sure they're continuing the series, but I haven't heard a single word about it.

Truth be told, I haven't really cared for any of the 3 game series since the Xbox was released. Guess I'll wait to read some reviews on 2k4, and if not- that's a whole 'nother year without a basketball game (again) :(

WynnFire
10-19-2003, 01:38 AM
The only Basketball games I can play on consoles (Dreamcast and Xbox) are Sega's. They are the only ones that don't bore me to death.

DocHoliday78
10-19-2003, 11:25 PM
So can you create your own dunks on live?

Warchant
10-20-2003, 09:13 AM
NBA Live has sucked for sometime now...I will be sticking with their football games, but when it comes to basketball EA just simply blows.

NBA Inside Drive is by far the best basketball game out there...the next one is suppose to support XBL as well

Chaotic
10-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Well i played this game on the PS2 and it runs smooth.

so again, EA screws the XBOX:cuss:

mattgame
10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Warchant
NBA Live has sucked for sometime now...I will be sticking with their football games, but when it comes to basketball EA just simply blows.

NBA Inside Drive is by far the best basketball game out there...the next one is suppose to support XBL as well

You are my man. I said it all along that ID was the better basketball game. Overall, the nod would go to ESPN2k4 but it is nice to know that I am not alone in my praise of ID.