PDA

View Full Version : Memory Cards???

Markus_Kalarkus
12-23-2001, 10:36 AM
hey ya'll i was wundering. . . actually confused about this memory card thing??? i went to walmart and the guy said u wont even need to get a memory card cuz there is an internal hard drive i know thats tru but dont u need the memeory card to save like options and ur characters and stuff??????? thnx for ya help:D

Clark
12-23-2001, 10:39 AM
You don't NEED a memory card thanks to the built-in 10 gig hard drive. But, if you run out of space or want to take files to a friends house you might wanna look into it.

Markus_Kalarkus
12-23-2001, 10:42 AM
but that dont answer the qwuestion!!! i said thatdont u need it for saving ur character and options n stuff???

Clark
12-23-2001, 10:49 AM
Yes I did answer your question. I said NO, you DON'T need one. :rolleyes:

Markus_Kalarkus
12-23-2001, 10:51 AM
so ur hard drive can save ur options , saved characters and all that??? and r u sure???:confused:

Twisted J
12-23-2001, 11:00 AM
yes it can, yes hes sure. the only reason you would need a memory card is if your buddy has an xbox and Halo and you want to take your Halo profile over to his house. then you would need a memory card. as for if you run out of room, bevilve me clark it would take YEARS to see a dent in the hardrive.

Brian
12-23-2001, 11:00 AM
I'm sure too. K? Anymore questions? Jeez..:rolleyes:

Clark
12-23-2001, 11:03 AM
amatuers...:rolleyes:

hehe...:D

Markus_Kalarkus
12-23-2001, 11:04 AM
ah thanx alot@!!!!!:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

Frostberg
12-23-2001, 05:50 PM
Its a waste of $35...for the price Id rather put another $15 up and get a game! lol maybe its because I seem to be the only one of my friends with an Xbox (silly PS2 guys) I dont think people with Xboxes even need to carry information over to a friends house. It may be good for a backup of information if you have pesky elves that like to delete games running around your house...

smack119
12-23-2001, 09:57 PM
or in the cases of your xbox breaking or the hd breaking..... i know i wouldnt want to lose all my data if it happened

Frostberg
12-23-2001, 10:49 PM
I dont think the Xbox has a great falure rate. I know it sucks to lose information. Some **** kids were playing Munchs Odyssey and they started a new game and used the same icon I had and I had to restart all over again...It really isint that fun the 2nd time around because you just want to get back to where you were...but I still wouldnt pay and take the time to back up everything. Plus I dont think you really could back up everything. You prolly have much more than 8MBs in game saves on your XBox now...

smack119
12-24-2001, 11:45 PM
i only back up a few things....but my cards were free.... i back up like at the end of every day or 2 if im playing a certain game

LynxFX
12-25-2001, 12:22 AM
Also the memory cards are alot more fragile than the xbox harddrive. You are most likely to lose your data on one of those before the harddrive. And I'm talking about standing on, losing or breaking the memory card. I'm assuming they are hardstate memory like a flashcard. Anyone know that?