PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live to Take Over 8 More Countries

Shadow20002
10-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Gamespot notes that Microsoft has announced broadband partnerships for the eight countries that will be launching Xbox Live later this month.

Microsoft has today announced details of 22 new broadband provider partners for its Xbox Live online gaming service. Most of the partners announced today are from the eight countries that will be launching Xbox Live later this month, and join 50 other broadband providers in North America, Japan, and Europe that are already with Microsoft as part of its Xbox Live compatibility program. The broadband partners announced today include the following:

Australia: OptusNet (cable), Telstra Big Pond (DSL/cable)
Austria: UPC/chello (cable), Telekom Austria (DSL)
Denmark: TDC (DSL/cable), Telia Stofa (cable)
Finland: Elisa (DSL), Helsinki Television (HTV cable) (cable), TeliaSonera Finland (DSL)
Ireland: Eircom (DSL), Esat BT (DSL), NTL (cable)
Korea: KT (DSL)
Norway: UPC/chello (cable), NextGenTel (DSL), Telenor (DSL)
Switzerland: Bluewin (DSL), sunrise (DSL)

Knight
10-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Didn't XBL come out in Australia last week?

Ford Mustang
10-16-2003, 03:00 PM
It's cool that they get more people on. Makes for a more diverse environment, I suppose. Only problem is not being able to understand them, lol. :)

# 1 Stunner
10-16-2003, 04:00 PM
damn....i say we keep it like it is, i hate going into a foreign room it just sucks because u cant understand them....owell..ive always wanted to talk to sumone from australia...:watchout:

pete_bhoy
10-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Knight, I think they are just announcing partners to the service in the respective services. Like the main Broadband provider in all the countries...

Ugunnalose
10-16-2003, 05:54 PM
my bro needs to get xbl he lives in Australia and he needs to get it

l Maximus l
10-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Sweet! More victims to mess up!!!