PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Preview

Shadow20002
10-17-2003, 01:59 PM
One game to rule them all, one game to make all other games look like piles of: what’s the word I’m looking for? Oh yes: CRAP! Halo 2! What? Yes, Halo 2, sequel to the number 1 game Halo, sequel to the big cha bang, sequel to the greatest game on the Xbox and one of the greatest games of all time. Halo redefined the way we play first-person shooters on the console. It was a giant leap for gamers and developers. We were all amazed at the incredible visuals and the striking gameplay! Halo 2 looks bigger, better and…. what the hell did I just see dual machine guns!! Halo achieved much success and press. It was evident to all gamers that Halo 2 would appear in the near future. Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of 2004! The trailers, video highlights, and screenshots have shown us, that the glorious Halo has very much improved. The all new revamped advanced graphical engine showed the world of gaming the ability and true power of the Xbox. Halo 2, of course, will have new weapons, new vehicles, new graphics, and a new level of first person shooter goodness that we as Halo fans have longed for since the release of the first Halo. There is no doubt about it, this game looks like heaven!

Source@ (http://xbox.gamexc.com/modules.php?module=previews&id=1)

No Fear 23
10-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
One game to rule them all, one game to make all other games look like piles of: what’s the word I’m looking for? Oh yes: CRAP! Halo 2! What? Yes, Halo 2, sequel to the number 1 game Halo, sequel to the big cha bang, sequel to the greatest game on the Xbox and one of the greatest games of all time. Halo redefined the way we play first-person shooters on the console. It was a giant leap for gamers and developers. We were all amazed at the incredible visuals and the striking gameplay! Halo 2 looks bigger, better and…. what the hell did I just see dual machine guns!! Halo achieved much success and press. It was evident to all gamers that Halo 2 would appear in the near future. Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of 2004! The trailers, video highlights, and screenshots have shown us, that the glorious Halo has very much improved. The all new revamped advanced graphical engine showed the world of gaming the ability and true power of the Xbox. Halo 2, of course, will have new weapons, new vehicles, new graphics, and a new level of first person shooter goodness that we as Halo fans have longed for since the release of the first Halo. There is no doubt about it, this game looks like heaven!

Source@ (http://xbox.gamexc.com/modules.php?module=previews&id=1)

yea, we know that. everybody feels the same way

Nameless00
10-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

yea, we know that. everybody feels the same way
Speak for yourself.

Liquid Gears
10-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey No Fear bud, you don't have to quote Shadow. We know who your talking to, lol. :wink:

Thanks Shadow, but I'm starting to get a hyped over load with all these great games coming out. 2 WEEKS: Amped 2, Rainbow Six 3, Crimson Skies, Top Spin, THUG, Halo 2...AHHHHH!!

:watchout: ..........yeah.

Later

Madhattr
10-17-2003, 10:11 PM
halo 2 will be a amazing game, it will make all PS2 owners bow down and realize they are dumb! then fable and true fantasy online will boot **** them!

TheRiddleBoX
10-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Hey No Fear bud, you don't have to quote Shadow. We know who your talking to, lol. :wink:

Thanks Shadow, but I'm starting to get a hyped over load with all these great games coming out. 2 WEEKS: Amped 2, Rainbow Six 3, Crimson Skies, Top Spin, THUG, Halo 2...AHHHHH!!

:watchout: ..........yeah.

Later

You forgot Half-Life 2 thats expected to come out in Dec.! and Doom 3, and Quake 4, and XIII, and True Fantasy Live Online

l Maximus l
10-17-2003, 11:42 PM
I read the entire article...it was fun to read only because I love hearing about Halo 2, but, there was nothing new that I noticed...except that there will be no bots in Halo 2's multi-play. Which doesn't bug me at all, personally...but, it may bug a few other people.

Viper87227
10-18-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I read the entire article...it was fun to read only because I love hearing about Halo 2, but, there was nothing new that I noticed...except that there will be no bots in Halo 2's multi-play. Which doesn't bug me at all, personally...but, it may bug a few other people.

no bots? NO BOTS? Halo 2 has now made my festering putrid crappish waste of self space list. I though it was supposed to be better, and they cant even look out for those of us with XBL. Damn bungie and Halo 2 to hell and back, then damn then to an eternal ass beating complaments of me!

j/k....Halo 2 will still be the shizznit, and since i beat Halo the other day i need some Halo 2 goodness NOW!

SnoochyBoochy
10-18-2003, 09:08 AM
no bots?!?! awww shucks....:(

Variation-XBA
10-18-2003, 09:19 AM
I thought you were serious at first Vip :)

TheRiddleBoX
10-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Without bots, anyone who DOESNT have XBL will be kind of sad, and the game will not be worth getting...I can picture an 8on8 all bots, on something like BG CTF...It would be SWEET. But, then again, XBC might be populated with Halo 2, there will be more people playing Halo 2 on there than any other game more than likely. Those who have XBL, they will enjoy the game.

No Fear 23
10-18-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by TheRiddleBoX

You forgot Half-Life 2 thats expected to come out in Dec.! and Doom 3, and Quake 4, and XIII, and True Fantasy Live Online

well, half life 2 got pushed off till next year for xbox.

Shadow20002
10-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah, no bots just make me feel a little sad for it. :(

TheRiddleBoX
10-18-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

well, half life 2 got pushed off till next year for xbox.

You're kidding! well, looks like that wont get game of the year. I think Halo 2 is going to get it over HL2 lol

l Maximus l
10-18-2003, 01:43 PM
I have no problem with the lack of bots in Halo 2's multi-player. Not because I have XBox Live...but, that's the way the first one was...and it's more incentive to get a bunch of dudes together for System Link gaming. I prefer it that way because that's one of the things that made Halo so amazing...it's the experience with bros, no hoes, and brew in rows and rows :D

RenoXG
10-18-2003, 02:19 PM
my favourite description of Halo 2:

"Halo 2 is a lot like Halo, only it's Halo on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas," explained Jason Jones, head of Bungie Studios. "And the ninjas are all on fire, too."

TheRiddleBoX
10-18-2003, 02:48 PM
yea, but bots keep the game FRESH. Like Counter-Strike... Let's say your internet goes out...It will keep the excitement in the game. One Player would get old one day if you dont have Broadband. Having bots will motivate more people to get it.

l Maximus l
10-18-2003, 04:27 PM
lol

For some reason, I don't think Halo 2 is going to be unsuccessful by lacking bots in multi-player :rofl:

This game is going to be the single biggest selling game on XBox to date and will likely be game of the year just like the original Halo. It's games like Halo where other developers than Bungie can't touch....the benchmark is set so high...and it's just going higher with Halo 2.

In some sick and wierd way, Halo 2 is actually going to improve my quality of life :D

JJaX
10-18-2003, 04:41 PM
I love these game sites that throw up "Reviews" summing up all the info every halo fan already knows.... :rolleyes:

TheCovenant
10-18-2003, 06:06 PM
lol

For some reason, I don't think Halo 2 is going to be unsuccessful by lacking bots in multi-player :rofl:

This game is going to be the single biggest selling game on XBox to date and will likely be game of the year just like the original Halo. It's games like Halo where other developers than Bungie can't touch....the benchmark is set so high...and it's just going higher with Halo 2.

In some sick and wierd way, Halo 2 is actually going to improve my quality of life :D

id have to agree. I think halo 1 multiplayer was one of the greatest things ever. I would rather play halo one on one then 8 on 8 UC. Halo's quality is just that much better.

for guys with no live, how did you play halo 1 multiplayer? lan parties, homies coming over or even XBC. well, that means your just going to have to continue to do so. And i do not have a biased opinion, cause id ont even have live anymore.

so there, halo 2 will rox my sox.

And as a great man once said,

TheRiddleBoX
10-18-2003, 10:54 PM
What about those without broadband? (even though there arnt many left with everyone upgrading) All they look forward to is either buying equip for LAN parties, or enjoying one player.

WynnFire
10-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Speaking of Halo 2, have any new screenshots or videos come out since E3? ?? I know the one with the bad guys in front of the door but anything else since May? Anything??? Ahhhh...!!!

Well, I guess I will go back to HaloPC online.

Big Steve
10-19-2003, 01:31 PM
check ign 4 screenshots

JJaX
10-19-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Big Steve
check ign 4 screenshots

those are all very old...

l Maximus l
10-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by TheRiddleBoX
What about those without broadband? (even though there arnt many left with everyone upgrading) All they look forward to is either buying equip for LAN parties, or enjoying one player.

There is always glorius System Link play...there's no better experience I have had with XBox other than System Linking huge games of Halo and also XBox Live (in that order).

mattgame
10-20-2003, 01:29 PM
I have no problem with the lack of bots in Halo 2's multi-player. Not because I have XBox Live...but, that's the way the first one was...and it's more incentive to get a bunch of dudes together for System Link gaming. I prefer it that way because that's one of the things that made Halo so amazing...it's the experience with bros, no hoes, and brew in rows and rows :D

I absolutely love that bros, no hoes thing. May I ask you for permission to utilize this as my gaming motto? :D I almost hate to ask this question but when you say bots do you mean like the bots on BF?