PDA

View Full Version : RS 6 Gold, coming October 28th

Shadow20002
10-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Completely redesigned for next-gen console players, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 gives players the opportunity to command an elite, four-man international anti-terrorist squad, and features trademark realism of the Clancy games, immediate, immersive close-quarters action, state of the art in-game cinematics, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell-quality graphics and a nail-biting plot ripped from today's headlines. A voice-activated command system and comprehensive Xbox Live multiplayer capabilities round out the most exciting experience Xbox players will have this year.

"Xbox gamers, get ready to be blown away! Ubisoft Montreal has delivered another Clancy masterpiece and a strong contender for Xbox Game of the Year," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "Based on the realism and relevance Clancy games are known for, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 gets the adrenaline pumping from the word 'Go' - with an insanely cool voice command system, intense missions, stunning effects, the best graphics since Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and the best Xbox Live experience since Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon."

About Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox
In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 for Xbox, the first title in the wildly popular series for next-generation consoles, players lead an elite team of multinational counter-terrorist operatives in 14 intense missions against deadly, intelligent foes. When a terrorist plot threatens to tilt the balance of peace between the United States and Saudi Arabia, Team RAINBOW is the only answer. In locations around the world, from Europe to the United States to South America, execute Team RAINBOW's missions with deadly force and precise tactics n order to protect the innocent and ensure peace.

Key Game Features
· Immersive storyline with spectacular events that directly affect gameplay
· Groundbreaking Voice Command technology lets you instantly issue over 45 orders to your squad, like "Open and Frag" and "Breach and Clear."
· Team up with 4 friends in link play co-op missions, or go head-to-head on Xbox Live™ against 16 opponents in the most action-packed multiplayer experience to date
· Squad-based, action-oriented gameplay that keeps the excitement flowing
· Movie-quality cinematics that enhance the immersion in the world of Team RAINBOW

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 ships for Xbox on October 28, 2003. It carries an "M" (Mature) rating from the ESRB with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

RudedogX
10-17-2003, 02:08 PM
This was already posted on the front page man.

Shadow20002
10-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Whoops, didn't see it when i first lauching to the site.

No Fear 23
10-17-2003, 09:21 PM
i know, i cant wait for this game. its gonna be awesome like i said before.

i cant wait to try out the voice commands and drool over the amazing graphics :cheers:

Justus
10-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
i know, i cant wait for this game. its gonna be awesome like i said before.

i cant wait to try out the voice commands and drool over the amazing graphics :cheers:

What about those of us without XBL? How do we use the voice commands? Can we?!?!

TheRiddleBoX
10-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Im sure RS3 will be supported on XBC. XBC supports Headset, so that MIGHT be a possibility

l Maximus l
10-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ZepFan

What about those of us without XBL? How do we use the voice commands? Can we?!?!

For $69.99, you can purchase the uber cool special addition Rainbow Six Headset..and the game comes with that price, too. That way you can issue commands with voice instead of using your B button to toggle the commands.

At first, it felt a tad wierd for me using the voice with the demo...felt like I was talking to my television :D But, after you get used to it, it was very natural...and totally sweet!!

FragMaster B
10-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

At first, it felt a tad wierd for me using the voice with the demo...felt like I was talking to my television :D But, after you get used to it, it was very natural...and totally sweet!!

No doubt. Just got done with a little of this a few minutes ago. I got so into it, at one point I started asking them where the firing was coming from... DOH! Then I come upstairs and the half asleep wifie says "Who de hell rr you tarlking too?"

Gonna be a great game on LIVE. Co-op, vs, SP...

l Maximus l
10-18-2003, 04:59 PM
lol, Fragmaster...my wife does that to me when I play on XBL all the time...but, that's hilarious that she caught you talking when you weren't talking to real people :D lol

hehe

I have this bad boy pre-ordered and it will be arriving in my XBox on launch day. I can't wait!

I also think it's sweet that the game supports co-op missions similar to the two Ghost Recons...way to roll it, Ubi!!

FragMaster B
10-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I also think it's sweet that the game supports co-op missions similar to the two Ghost Recons...way to roll it, Ubi!!

I'll be doing as much or more of the co-op as I will playing the vs. I loved co-op GR! And this co-op experince is just gonna be all that and more. Really looking forward to this game. I'll have on opening day as well.

See you fools there.
:cheers:

Adawg
10-18-2003, 09:44 PM
I cant wait for this game.....

No Fear 23
10-18-2003, 09:46 PM
*drools*

TheRiddleBoX
10-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Is there any way that you can purchase RS3 without the headset ? I might need it though, because my other ones broke. And also, will the headset be compatible with other Xbox Live games?

FragMaster B
10-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by TheRiddleBoX
Is there any way that you can purchase RS3 without the headset ? I might need it though, because my other ones broke. And also, will the headset be compatible with other Xbox Live games?

50 bucks without the headset... If you do need a new one tho, buying with the headset will save you 20 bucks in the long run. I don't see why you could'nt use for other games....

level3hadoken
10-19-2003, 05:08 AM
wow,this demo rocked, i just picked it up and i was amazed i know all u guys already said all this but i didnt think it was gonna be this good i mean it just blows ghost recon away in graphics and in gameplay.i already paid it off so i just gotta pick it up when its out.also im not sure but i couldnt find any co op option in the demo maybe its not there but i hope its in the real game cuz thats what was so fun about gr. and now i gotta get splinter cell too cuz of those three extra missions. october 28th ........................... awesome.

mattgame
10-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by FragMaster B

No doubt. Just got done with a little of this a few minutes ago. I got so into it, at one point I started asking them where the firing was coming from... DOH! Then I come upstairs and the half asleep wifie says "Who de hell rr you tarlking too?"

Gonna be a great game on LIVE. Co-op, vs, SP...

Your wife lets you game in peace? You're a lucky man. I know this one is gonna be the true hotness.

Cold_As_Ice
10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
I pre-ordered this game. Ah man, the demo for Rainbow Six was awesome! I am definetly going to purchase this game now! My only gripe about the demo was that all the textures appeared to be in low resolution, and looking very distorted. I hope that this will be ammended for the future release of the complete version of Rainbow Six 3.

Cold_As_Ice
10-20-2003, 02:06 PM
I pre-ordered this game. Ah man, the demo for Rainbow Six was awesome! I am definetly going to purchase this game now! My only gripe about the demo was that all the textures appeared to be in low resolution, and looking very distorted. I hope that this will be ammended for the future release of the complete version of Rainbow Six 3.

Edit: Double post.