PDA

View Full Version : Does halo support custom soundtracks?

The Xbox Mafia
10-18-2003, 07:18 AM
Does halo support custom soundtracks?I know its a bit of a lame question but i really dont know.

Uchiha Sasuke
10-18-2003, 07:27 AM
Sorry man but it doesn't. But we can hope that Halo 2 does :)

TuffEagle88
10-18-2003, 03:27 PM
As bad as it is that it doesn't, I think that it makes up for it with its own music.

Shadow20002
10-20-2003, 11:33 AM
It's always better to play with the original then your own ones.

EHWfedPres
10-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Its better to play with the in-game music so nobody gets distracted.

StudioAlex
10-21-2003, 04:28 PM
I think it's better to let the player decide what kind of experience he wants to have.

Generally I would play story mode with the original score, but why not rock some kick ass tunes for multiplayer?

Also, after playing through the game as much as most of us have, it would be nice to be able use your music and let it drift in and out as the score does in story mode. The first Jedi Knight for for PC did this and it was a *****in' effect.

The music ripper is the most underused facet of the Xbox. Their comes a point with most games where I'd like to rock some of my own tunes.

TuffEagle88
10-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I think it's better to let the player decide what kind of experience he wants to have.

Generally I would play story mode with the original score, but why not rock some kick ass tunes for multiplayer?

Also, after playing through the game as much as most of us have, it would be nice to be able use your music and let it drift in and out as the score does in story mode. The first Jedi Knight for for PC did this and it was a *****in' effect.

The music ripper is the most underused facet of the Xbox. Their comes a point with most games where I'd like to rock some of my own tunes.

I agree. It is certainly the most underused and neglected feature. I have Halo, Splinter Cell, Shenmue2, JSRF, and Sega Gt 2002, and Sega Gt is the only one that lets me use my own music. Now, the music in most of those games is good, and in Splinter Cell it keeps you from getting killed, repeatedly, but why not have the option in the others, I wouldn't use it because I like the games soundtracks, but why not give people the option. I love to listen to Aerosmith and Montrose while racing on Sega GT.

level3hadoken
10-22-2003, 02:03 AM
yea i want to have the option to play the songs i want u know.but when gta double pack comes out i can do it there and i already can do it in burnout 2 but still i would like to hear some rock music while playing halo. it be nice if it faded in and out like the other guy said. they should at least give u the option

gerbil
10-22-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

well .. not to many knows what the music ripper is for the xbox ...:watchout:

EHWfedPres
10-22-2003, 01:39 PM
I don't see why anybody would want to have a custom soundtrack play during a deathmatch in a fps game...unless you're playing some militaristic game while Slayer's War Ensemble is blasting in the background while you sing along "The sport is war, total war, where victory is really survival! The final swing is not a drill, it's how many people I can kill!!!!!!"

TuffEagle88
10-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I don't see why anybody would want to have a custom soundtrack play during a deathmatch in a fps game...unless you're playing some militaristic game while Slayer's War Ensemble is blasting in the background while you sing along "The sport is war, total war, where victory is really survival! The final swing is not a drill, it's how many people I can kill!!!!!!"

that would be pretty wicked. I thinkt that after listening to that too much you would get screwy in the head, but whatever floats your boat. even if there is no one who wants to listen to their own soundtracks, they should still have the option.

EHWfedPres
10-23-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
I thinkt that after listening to that too much you would get screwy in the head, but whatever floats your boat.

No way man, that kind of stuff gets me pumped up, not screwed up. I once drove by a peace rally blasting that song and I got funny looks... :watchout:

TuffEagle88
10-23-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

No way man, that kind of stuff gets me pumped up, not screwed up. I once drove by a peace rally blasting that song and I got funny looks... :watchout:

that would be awesome, like driving by a bunch of PETA nuts with a deer tied to your hood.:D sounds like fun.

Conchord
11-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
Sorry man but it doesn't. But we can hope that Halo 2 does :)

I know that won't happen...FPS never have CSs...besides, whats wrong with the Halo music? I think its awesome...