PDA

View Full Version : problems with halo system link

Xorg
10-19-2003, 04:48 PM
my copy of halo is screwed up:cuss: it wont work with system link, whenever I host the game the other xbox wont find it and when i try to join the game my xbox wont find it, my friends and i tried it with a different copy of halo to make sure it wasnt the system link and it worked fine, so does any1 know what my problem could be?

EHWfedPres
10-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Dunno...but if another copy of halo works and its just your game, you can probably take it to eb and exchange it, or just dont host system link games.

Uchiha Sasuke
10-19-2003, 08:22 PM
If your going console to console make sure it is a cross over cable and not a patch cable.

Xorg
10-20-2003, 02:46 PM
I have the xbox system link and eb games will only give me 25 bucks for it but its probably worth it to buy a new one so I can play system link with it

Variation-XBA
10-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Xorg
I have the xbox system link and eb games will only give me 25 bucks for it but its probably worth it to buy a new one so I can play system link with it

I got the official xbox cable just cause... and mines works fine...so /shrug

gerbil
10-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Xorg

have you tried a different cable??

if so, in the multiplayer screen .. as soon as you connected the cable .. the 'SYSTEM LINK PLAY' option would be highlighted right away .. if not .. well, bad news - ur network card in your xbox might be fried or something ...

.. try a different box, if you have one

Xorg
10-22-2003, 03:54 PM
its not my xbox or cable they are both fine its my copy of halo that is screwed up, I played system link before with my system link and my xbox too, just not my halo because its screwed up