PDA

View Full Version : playing xbox on your laptop?????

nuke em
10-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know of a way to play your xbox on your laptop? Is there any reliable product that will let the video signal from your xbox be sent to your laptop without too much loss in resolution?
Thanks

l Maximus l
10-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Wouldn't a VGA adapter work? If so, I know there is atleast one made...I think you can pick it up an www.lik-sang.com

In fact, I think this is one right here: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=53&products_id=3166&

Warchant
10-20-2003, 09:14 AM
hmm, this looks cool, i'll have to check it out

Chaotic
10-20-2003, 10:49 AM
There is a new, much better vga adapter out that supports HD and allows you to use 1280x720 resolution on your computer, but i forget who makes it :cry: Casper may remember, ask him ;)

jelgiad
10-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by nuke em
Does anyone know of a way to play your xbox on your laptop? Is there any reliable product that will let the video signal from your xbox be sent to your laptop without too much loss in resolution?
Thanks

yeah, i would like to find out about hooking up my box to my laptop as well. One of these days i may have to bring my laptop/xbox to school w/ me and play during my break. Im not sure if the vga thing would work, however...at least not on my laptop, all i have is video output, not input.

shawns20
10-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by nuke em
Thanks

This is the $h!t when it come to VGA on a monitor but you would have to have monitor video inputs and I have yet to see a laptop with such inputs... Sorry.

VGA Adapter (http://www.x2vga.com/)

kenji
10-20-2003, 05:41 PM
What is the advantage of playing the Xbox on your laptop?

speedbuggy76
10-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Two words. LAN Party! You can't carry a full-sized tv over there easily, and those tiny ~5.6 in. attachable LCD just aren't enough! How many laptops have an input, especially audio also, though?

JJaX
10-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by kenji
What is the advantage of playing the Xbox on your laptop?

Higher interlace modes...