PDA

View Full Version : ANyone used the XBox Music Mixer

pimpineezhoes
10-20-2003, 10:19 AM
I believe that the Xbox Music Mixer came out last week. Does anyone have it. I thought that I read somewhere that you can download songs to your computer and then transfer those songs to your Xbox. But I heard you can only od this if your ooperating system is Windows XP. IS this true?

Can anyone tell me how fast the transfer rate is. How long would it take for a 3minute song with average quality?

jelgiad
10-20-2003, 10:37 AM
im curious myself. I hope its available to rent, i see no point in paying for it, not going to use it that much, but it may be cool to play around with for a little while, and its definately worth it just to import my music to my box w/o having to burn to cd

jelgiad
10-20-2003, 10:44 AM
oh, and by the way, according to ebgames, it dosent ship until dec 1.

Shadow20002
10-20-2003, 11:12 AM
So we need to wait until december 1 ?? :(

jelgiad
10-20-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
So we need to wait until december 1 ?? :(

im just telling you what eb has as their release date

WynnFire
10-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Oh they better not change the release date again! I was just at this website the other day and it said Oct something and I was excited and now Holiday 2003!

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/musicmixer/default

BinaryXtreme
10-20-2003, 04:16 PM
I heard the release date would be well after the beginning of the year. 3rd delay that I've read.

No Fear 23
10-20-2003, 07:14 PM
DZ and ninja should battle it out online through the music mixer.

lol

JJaX
10-21-2003, 12:15 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/musicmixer/spotlight.htm

Here’s what you need to get started:

Xbox Video Game System
Xbox Music Mixer
Xbox Music Mixer PC Transfer Tool
Available for download soon.
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Media Player 9
Xbox-to-PC Ethernet Connection, via LAN or Xbox System Link Cable (Crossover Cable)

Not sure if thats just a marketing ploy to make you upgrade to XP.

I guess, just wait for the 'Music Mixer PC Transfer Tool' to comeout, Download it. If it runs, you're fine.

l Maximus l
10-21-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/musicmixer/spotlight.htm

Here’s what you need to get started:

Xbox Video Game System
Xbox Music Mixer
Xbox Music Mixer PC Transfer Tool
Available for download soon.
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Media Player 9
Xbox-to-PC Ethernet Connection, via LAN or Xbox System Link Cable (Crossover Cable)

Not sure if thats just a marketing ploy to make you upgrade to XP.

I guess, just wait for the 'Music Mixer PC Transfer Tool' to comeout, Download it. If it runs, you're fine.

I have XP...love it...best damn O.S. that Microsoft has ever put out...despite all of the patches all over it :D

JJaX
10-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I have XP...love it...best damn O.S. that Microsoft has ever put out...despite all of the patches all over it :D

Yeah XP is the most stable OS microsoft has put out. And the constant updates are fine with me. You can only benefit...

WynnFire
10-21-2003, 03:46 PM
WTF??? It's shipping date is now 10/23/03?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236047.asp

I think Ebgames is scr*wing with us.

pimpineezhoes
10-21-2003, 06:18 PM
yeah well I am on Windows 2000 and I think it'd be kinda dumb just to upgrade so I can use somethign for my Xbox. I mean not totally out of the wuestion but damn.

JJaX
10-21-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by pimpineezhoes
yeah well I am on Windows 2000 and I think it'd be kinda dumb just to upgrade so I can use somethign for my Xbox. I mean not totally out of the wuestion but damn.

I doubt you have to...

Like i said, they are just pettiling there latest O.S.

JR Alberda
10-21-2003, 06:43 PM
Yup I think it ships in the next few days. I think I will get it.

BinaryXtreme
10-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I want it too but the dates keep getting pushed back. Hope this is the last delay.

DocHoliday78
10-21-2003, 10:07 PM
this thing is gonna make music transfering so much easier. I hope its not gonna take a long time though.

spectre187
10-21-2003, 11:19 PM
"best damn O.S. that Microsoft has ever put out"

not to be hostile here, but anyone who knows the least bit about computers and has been working with them for a long time knows that dos is the best os ever created in the history of computing...dos was the best, is the best, and will always be the best...

now that i'm off of my soap box here...

if you want to make music, dont buy the xbox music mixer lol... get programs like cool edit pro 2 and a good, REALLY GOOD mic for your computer...make ur own beats and stuff and just go with it, forget an xbox... an xbox will never be a viable recording studio and that "game" if you will, will bomb, in my foreseeing anyway...either pay for time in a real studio or get as close as you can with your computer... but for the love of god don't spit rap on an xbox...it'll sound horrible like shady records stuff... but anyway...it's late and i'm procrastinating on doing my paper, i better get on that...

WynnFire
10-22-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by spectre187
"best damn O.S. that Microsoft has ever put out"

not to be hostile here, but anyone who knows the least bit about computers and has been working with them for a long time knows that dos is the best os ever created in the history of computing...dos was the best, is the best, and will always be the best...

Yeah, DOS is by far the fastest/most stable operating system (if you can call it that) but it doesn't have a GUI. Not that I mind though, I used it and macs before I used windows (which was Windows for Workgroups 3.11). I still use it as much as I can even with WinXP. Unfortunately, my old DOS games(Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem 3D) won't work with WinXP which is why I have a seperate DOS machine in my house specifcally for old games and software.

spectre187
10-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Windows for Workgroups 3.11- hehe i remember that, that takes me back...

i have a dos machine set up too, for my mame arcade machine that i built (multiple arcade machine emulator) its so much faster than it would be running on any windows based os...easier to work with too...

BinaryXtreme
10-22-2003, 01:31 PM
DOS is a basic operating system that Windows and all other OSS for that matter are based on. But, DOS is not graphically driven, is boring for the average user to look at, is far too hard for the average user to use, and above all else, terribly unstable when trying to run any and executing any programming environment for long periods of time with no scripting errors generated when DOS tries to assemble the programming even just for a simple old BBS.
I love DOS because I am very efficient with it, but, comparing it with any graphically driven OS is simply not fair. The 2 are completely different and any graphically driven program is bound to experience a lot more problems then a binary based OS.

Just my 2 bits.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:40 PM
sorry i dont understand this ?

spectre187
10-22-2003, 04:47 PM
"too hard for the average user to use, and above all else, terribly unstable when trying to run any and executing any programming environment for long periods of time with no scripting errors generated when DOS tries to assemble the programming even just for a simple old BBS."

not true, i programmed and still program in qbasic and c on there and dos is very very stable...most stable os there is, dos 6.22 that is or 6.1 i forget i think its 6.2 anyway... windows is a graphical interface but dos is not a binary interface, you do not input commands in the form of ones and zeros, lol... it is a text based interface or a command prompt based if you will, and yea dos is in fact the best, but "the average user" has been dumbed down to this "user friendly" stuff, dos kept stupid people out of computers, now every l337 moron is going aroung calling everyone a noob and an awp camper *****t on online games, lol (god i hate those nerds)...windows is something icould have done without, good ol' dos... give me qbasic, c, doom 2, wolfenstein 3d, and the original wolfenstein from muse software and im set! hahahaha oh and a 2400 baud modem, gotta have that for doom, hahahahahahahaha anyway i love dos, i use it everyday, its easy if you want to learn it, but people now a days, mainly kids, have no appreciation for it, you give them something simple like check whats on the hard drive start at c:\> and they are lost... lol i took a programming class in college, and half the kids in there didn't know what dos was... they were starting in windows! if you don't know the basics then wtf! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH im going crazy now , bye lol:cuss:

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:50 PM
what music mixer.. can soemone send the link... i want it!

BinaryXtreme
10-22-2003, 06:32 PM
DOS is not a binary program because you don't enter 1's and 0's? Are you for real? I ran a BBS from 1982 to 1988 fully programmed in DOS and to be honest, I'm not trying to start crap but we're here laughing our asses off regarding that last post regarding DOS. So you don't agree that DOS and "ANY" graphically driven OS should not be really compared because of the extreme differences between the 2? When I worked in the LAN at Wells Fargo DOS had to be dumped because of some, although minor, instabilities running larger volumes on multiple servers. All I'm saying is that comparing DOS to Windows, Linux, etc. is like comparing a 1969 Volkswagon Bug to a 2003 Volkswagon Jetta. Just completely different in whole.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 06:43 PM
oh so by the sounds of it doe ur xbox need to be modified?

BinaryXtreme
10-22-2003, 06:52 PM
My XBOX is modded inside and out. Take a peek at my home page.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 06:54 PM
u do it yourself?

BinaryXtreme
10-22-2003, 07:53 PM
Yeah, card and skin.

pimpineezhoes
10-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by soulhaloty
sorry i dont understand this ?

thats the point, DOS is not the laymans OS. its alrigh to use but not the best. The average person has to be able to point and click. Not remember all the different commands and so forth. Its a damn bother just to copy files from one directory to another....w ell to me it is. A lot longer than to just highlight, right lcik and send to.......