PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind GOTY being delayed

Xorg
10-20-2003, 08:58 PM
Well it was supposed to come out on the 14th then the 21st and the the 27th, a lot like when morrowind first came out on xbox.I guess this is a good thing, kind of... since i have a project due on the 27th and if morrowind was to come out before it i might have forgot about it, also it gave me more time to try to sell my old morrowind and I was able to sell it to my friend for 15 bucks, which is most likely more than eb games would of gave me:D i just hope it doesnt get delayed on to november

Duke
10-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Eh, with all the new games i'm picking up in the next few weeks, I can wait. But I'm definitely getting this one still.

Se7en
10-22-2003, 05:24 AM
At the Gamestop down the street from me they bought it back for a paltry $7, but when I consider that I paid $20 for it, I don't feel quite so bad. Video game store guy told me it should be any day now, and that their specific shop is thinking Thursday is the most likely.

If it's already gone gold, I don't really understand what the heck is the hold up, but if it increases quality, I'm all for it.

:o G'Night. :o

CarGuy
10-22-2003, 06:30 PM
They did this with the original a while back. I think it's a marketing strategy.. I mean what's a week? Surely they have it printed out by now??

Xorg
10-22-2003, 07:57 PM
thats what I said too when the first one came out, i just hope it comes out soon, for some reason my school has off on november 5th-11th so I got seven days off and hopefully with morrowind GOTY and a lot of time to kill

Highlite23
10-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Well according to my info the date is the 28th.

But I have to say it's going to be worth the wait...I've been playing it for a few days now (Check out the review) and the game is fantastic.

If you enjoyed the original, your gonna love GOTY, so sit tight, it shouldn't be much longer.;)

Ugunnalose
10-22-2003, 11:38 PM
is this game out yet?

EHWfedPres
10-23-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

According to Ebgames.com, they have the ship date set for the 27th, so you are correct. people will be able to purchase the game the next day.

As for myself, I can wait. I played morrowind to death twice and put in more hours of play than I did of sleep some days, so I have gotten a little tired of the game for now...and with the gta pack coming november 5th, my free time will cease to exist...not like I got much the way it is...

Shadow20002
10-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Just wait till there to see if is coming or not.

Nameless00
10-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Xorg
thats what I said too when the first one came out, i just hope it comes out soon, for some reason my school has off on november 5th-11th so I got seven days off and hopefully with morrowind GOTY and a lot of time to kill
OT, why do u have 7 days off?

back on topic, I plan on picking this up asap.

Xorg
10-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Nameless00

OT, why do u have 7 days off?

back on topic, I plan on picking this up asap.

on the 6th and 7th the teachers have some convention then the 8th and 9th is a weekend and the 10th there are parent conferences, and the 11th is veteran's day

thrAsher
10-23-2003, 06:26 PM
As an RPGer and a fan of Morrowind, I am definitely buying this one. Like highlite, I've been playing off and on the last week or so just to get in the groove for when the GOTY edition drops. Need some kind of real RPG to play until Deus Ex, Fable, and Sudeki get finished! I went so far as to get D&D Heroes for my fix (which I give a solid 7.5 outta 10)!!!

Xorg
10-25-2003, 11:31 AM

But I have to say it's going to be worth the wait...I've been playing it for a few days now (Check out the review) and the game is fantastic.

If you enjoyed the original, your gonna love GOTY, so sit tight, it shouldn't be much longer.;)

I read your review and I noticed they fixed alot of the bugs, but did they fix the good glitches? The ones that arent annoying and used for our advantage?

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:27 AM
I decided not to get the GotY edition of Morrowind, since I still have the original Morrowind. I would rather use my money on a completely new game, rather than on an improvement of an older game.

Plus, if you haven't forgotten, the original Morrowind was also delayed in a similar way. It was supposed to have come out in May 2002, although it was delayed week by week until June 2002. Yup, I remember the good old days.

Highlite23
10-26-2003, 08:43 AM
but did they fix the good glitches?

hmmmm, I don't recall these. Could you give me an example.

I would rather use my money on a completely new game, rather than on an improvement of an older game.

Well, it is and it isn't. You are getting both the expansions, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. The expansions alone are like all new games on there own. But it's your choice.

Xorg
10-26-2003, 10:09 AM

hmmmm, I don't recall these. Could you give me an example.

Like the soultrap glitch were you can make your own spell with soultrap on target and when you look down at the ground and cast it, it stays permanently, or the one when you go to enchant something and you use a golden saint to enchant something as a constant effect but then before you buy it you can change the golden saint for something else like a rat and still have the enchantment be a constant effect

armyof_one/ltd
10-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I really don´t care if it´s being delayed but I don´t believe that you guys are going to buy it again!
(If you bought the first one, props to you all who were smart enough to not buy the first one)

By the way:Xorg, where´s the sig?

Xorg
10-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by armyof_one/ltd

By the way:Xorg, where´s the sig?

I dont know were to host it or how to open the file that you sent me

CarGuy
10-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Looks like it's going to be in stores tomorrow. :D

Xorg
10-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Looks like it's going to be in stores tomorrow. :D

Yeah, hopefully

CarGuy
10-28-2003, 09:28 AM
F'n ridiculous... Delayed once again.

Hellsing
10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
ive got my $30 saved up, if its delayed again ill spend it on something else

Xorg
10-28-2003, 03:49 PM
it better come out on the 4th or I'll.... hold on Gamestop still has it as the 27th ship date click (http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?sect=1160)

George89
11-01-2003, 09:29 PM
According to EBgames, its already out:D

Xorg
11-02-2003, 07:47 AM
I got mine yesterday at bestbuy