PDA

View Full Version : rainbow six 3 headset

diranged
10-20-2003, 11:52 PM
i dont know alot about it, i was wondering if anyone had some info on this i would like to know if i should put 20 more dollars down on this game. thanx :cheers:

JJaX
10-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by diranged
i dont know alot about it, i was wondering if anyone had some info on this i would like to know if i should put 20 more dollars down on this game. thanx :cheers:

You have XBL, use that head set.

Warchant
10-21-2003, 12:00 AM
this is the first ive heard of it...but why not use the regular xbl headset?

diranged
10-21-2003, 12:01 AM
i broke my head set and im stuck with the madcatz one. i constantly get eople telling me to take it off cause of the echos.

JJaX
10-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Warchant
this is the first ive heard of it...but why not use the regular xbl headset?

http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/mypostbeatup.gif

l Maximus l
10-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Headset Details

Model: BHP-18NG
Speaker: 30 mm driver 32 ohm USP
Stylish and comfort neckband design
Flexible microphone with noise cancelling
With Mute and Volume control inline box
With Xbox live compatible communicator

http://store.ubi.com/productimages/xbx_rainbowsix3_headset_ss.gif

Source (http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=RS3POXBOXHEADSET&category=HOME)

l Maximus l
10-21-2003, 12:06 AM
If you ask me, it looks a lot more comfortable compared to the XBox Live headset, IMO.

I would like to try one on before picking it up...maybe they will have an open one at the store... :confused:

Adawg
10-21-2003, 12:07 AM
I thought I saw a head set in target ...I think it was microsoft ..but I could be wrong.

Vlad_Impaler
10-21-2003, 01:33 PM
I Kicked out the extra 20 $ for the headset, i dont have XBL yet but have worn/used the sets that come with it, feels terrible. this one *looks* more comfortable. But when i do get XBL (Just waiting on the damn broadband) i will have a guest set.

Diddy
10-21-2003, 01:49 PM
I ordered it too, I was hoping it looked a little better than that, that thing looks so out of proportion. Though its worth the money i guess.

Another XBL headset is like 29.99 isnt it??

Dirty DeStrO
10-21-2003, 03:01 PM
I might be outcast for saying this but I really don't think that the XBL headset is bad ... it doesn't really bother my head and everytime I have trouble hearing somebody they say that they are using some other kind of headset. I would even go so far to say that I LIKE the headset. Is there anyone else that feels the same ... or am I all alone??
I also ordered the new one from Rainbow 6 so that my roommate can talk **** also when we are online ...

Kortiz
10-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO
I might be outcast for saying this but I really don't think that the XBL headset is bad ... it doesn't really bother my head and everytime I have trouble hearing somebody they say that they are using some other kind of headset. I would even go so far to say that I LIKE the headset. Is there anyone else that feels the same ... or am I all alone??
I also ordered the new one from Rainbow 6 so that my roommate can talk **** also when we are online ...

I dont have a problem with the headset. I would even go as far as saying I LIKE IT TOO!!!

pepitonet
10-21-2003, 03:20 PM
the head set is great in quality but poor on the confortability side

# 1 Stunner
10-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Dirty DeStrO
I also ordered the new one from Rainbow 6 so that my roommate can talk **** also when we are online ... how can u make it so two people can talk?plug both things in two controllers ?

JJaX
10-21-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
how can u make it so two people can talk?plug both things in two controllers ?

His roomate has his own xbox. He will go online, and play with his own head set. What dont you understand?

l Maximus l
10-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

His roomate has his own xbox. He will go online, and play with his own head set. What dont you understand?

Actually, it is possible to pick up a splitter at Radio Shack (or some other electronics joint) and plug in a second headset into the same controller. The problem is that the dude playing with the controller that has the headset plugged into is buried in wires :D

CarGuy
10-21-2003, 05:56 PM
Darn,I was hoping it'd look cooler than that. Well, my headset broke a while ago and my cat chewed off the fuzzy thing over the mic. I just use the little ear bud thing that came with my cel phone. Obviously i can't hear myself but nobody has ever complained.

Vlad_Impaler
10-21-2003, 06:49 PM
my cat chewed off the fuzzy thing over the mic

Did you Check the Cat Poop's for a possible recovery?

CarGuy
10-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Yea.. that's what i did.. :eek: :p

CMX Jedi
10-21-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
If you ask me, it looks a lot more comfortable compared to the XBox Live headset, IMO.

I would like to try one on before picking it up...maybe they will have an open one at the store... :confused:
as my friend whould say "THATS PIMPTASTICK"
quoted the wrong post=(

Kortiz
10-21-2003, 08:51 PM
is this gonna be 60 or 69.99?

Professor Kaos
10-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Pre-ordered mine with a headset today, even tho it comes out in like a week and a half, I want that headset!

PapaSKooT
10-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
is this gonna be 60 or 69.99? $69.99

And i most likely will be getting the headset...

<skoot> ::buzzzzzzzzz pop pop buzzzzzzzzzz::
<delphar>SKOOT! MIC!
<skoot> ::click click pop:: Sorry....

(5 min later)

<skoot> ::buzzzzzzzzz pop pop buzzzzzzzzzz::
<delphar>SKOOT! MIC!
<skoot> ::click click pop:: Sorry....

etc... :D

diranged
10-21-2003, 11:14 PM
ive had mine reserved for awhile now. i have to go in and change it to the one with the headset. hopefully rainbow six 3 has good voice commandig.

FragMaster B
10-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Vlad_Impaler

Did you Check the Cat Poop's for a possible recovery?

:rofl: Sick man! But funny.

jelgiad
10-22-2003, 12:55 PM
i have mine pre-ordered at gamestop.....does anyone know if they are going to have the headsets? my xbl headset is broke, and i would rather buy the r6 one than have to buy a new live one

RudedogX
10-22-2003, 12:56 PM
I've been using a $5 mad catz one. Hasn't given me any problems yet.

jelgiad
10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I've been using a $5 mad catz one. Hasn't given me any problems yet.

i got me a mad catz one, but everyone complains about echos and static......the only time i ever use it is to play ghost recon because the mic isnt always on

MerimacHamwich
10-22-2003, 01:09 PM
The included headset is making me want to buy the game. Is it only for pre-orders?

Snake Eyez
10-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
The included headset is making me want to buy the game. Is it only for pre-orders?

You're thinking of getting the game just because of the headset?

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:40 PM
speaking of headsets they really need to make a betteer headset for xbc and xbox live becuase it ain comfortable!

Liquid Gears
10-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
http://store.ubi.com/productimages/xbx_rainbowsix3_headset_ss.gif

Sheeat!

That headset looks tight, way the hell better looking that the original one. Looks a lot more comfortable aswell and from the looks of the ear peice, it looks as if you get way better sound coming from it.

Thanks for the pic Maxy :cheers:

Snake Eyez
10-22-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by soulhaloty
speaking of headsets they really need to make a betteer headset for xbc and xbox live becuase it ain comfortable!

It's not the headset. It your mis-shaped head.:watchout: :D

MerimacHamwich
10-22-2003, 06:34 PM
I was going to rent the game before to see if I wanted it on Xbox. The headset is making me lean towards just outright buying the game.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 06:42 PM
yeah that definalyt is pimpen

Diddy
10-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez

It's not the headset. It your mis-shaped head.:watchout: :D

LOL!!!!!

And jelgiad, if you preordered the game with the headset, then YEAH they will have the headset lmao.