PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Buzzing sound? HELP"

TFA_Dark_AsNN
10-21-2003, 03:20 AM
My new xbox of less than 2 weeks old makes a buzzing noise on some games I play.

I noticed it on Madden 2004 and Brute Force. It hasnt stopped the games from working nor have I ever had and errors with reading the discs but it does sound like its the cd drive. It must be this because when you invoke it to spin differently the buzzing stops ie) when you change option screens or it loads a different part of a level etc. I was wondering because ive read about something someone else put about a buzzing sound of death, relating to the early xbox machines going faulty shortly after purchase. My manufacture date it 10-04-2003 so surly these dont have the same prob? My machine is UK.

Anyone know if the xbox buzzes sometimes and if its `normal` for it to do so?

I dont mind the normal cd drive type hum of spinning up or down, this sound i have is definatly a buzzing sound, and sometimes its annoying if it goes on a long time..... :(

Thanks

Casper
10-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Yea, it's the DVD laser trying to find the information on the disk....it's basically off-centered and is having a problem getting around the slot that's inbetween the disk and the laser. I'd return that sucker as soon as possible and say you just got it as a gift. Also, did you get a warranty?

TFA_Dark_AsNN
10-22-2003, 09:14 AM
If the laser could not read the cd and get the info it was looking for wouldnt this lead to my game crashing?

None of my games have errors they work 100% fine.

MS Support reckon its just the drive and how it is.
I did get a warrenty but I got it mail order and for me to post the thing off, pay the cost of that and then wait for it to come back id be easier just buying a new machine locally (i mail ordered this one becuase none were in stock when i wanted one locally)

oh well at least I`ll have reason to play halo link up lol

J

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:42 PM
sopunds like somethigns is in teh way of ur fan!