PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Not Working!

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 05:40 AM
I think this is in the right forum but if I'm wrong don't go on at me!

Anyway my problem is that it seems I can't play Xbox games in the morning for some reason.I can hardly ever get Moto GP2 working,and I even bought a new copy but that did exactly the same.KOTOR,HALO,PGR and NFL FEVER have all had disk read errors,now that can't be normal can it?

I thought maybe the programming on Moto GP2 didn't work on certain xbox's but I've never heard of any problems.I have cleaned and cleaned my xbox,inside and out(using dvd lens cleaners)but nothing seems to work.The problems are mostly in the mornings but I'm thinking my Xbox has had it.I bought it last year around August so is this round about the time xbox's stop working?

Any advice would be helpful from people who have had the same problem as me...:huh:

TFA_Dark_AsNN
10-21-2003, 06:41 AM
Dunno what could be wrong with your machine. Ive heard dvd cleaners are not a good thing and could actually scratch you lense even more. I personally dont use them.

I dont know how you would get on with MS support but I hear they are pretty lousy sometimes. I guess its just who you speak to some of the time..... differing results.

Anyway, sorry your having probs... I dont know about the date of your xbox but you can check your version of your console here

http://xbox-linux.sourceforge.net/docs/versionsfinding.html

I know version 1.0 had probs. I have 1.3 I think but I get a strange buzzing noise sometimes from the cd drive.

Hope you get your sorted :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
When chaos reigns
Reflect, Repent...............
Reboot!
Order shall return.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jase

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 06:53 AM
Well mines version 1 so what do I do?Some games work fine all the time but then again Moto GP2 is so unpredictaball that it's really hard to play!

Does anybody know where I can buy a limited edition Green xbox?

Casper
10-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Matt Freegard
Well mines version 1 so what do I do?Some games work fine all the time but then again Moto GP2 is so unpredictaball that it's really hard to play!

Does anybody know where I can buy a limited edition Green xbox?

Since it's version 1, I'd say that your laser is most likely shot, as a bunch of us had to replace our's already on here. I'm on my 2nd right now. I would try and get tech support, or at least attempt to get a new one and maybe swap it back in, if it's still in good shape. Make sure you get the warranty this time too ;)

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 07:30 AM
Ah well can't win it all.Anybody know of any UK sites that stock Green Xbox's?I have tryed Amazon and they are out of stock so is Game...

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Also the two worst games are Moto GP2 and KOTOR,all the rest work about 90%,these two are about 50%.

I wont be buying any new copys but I need to know if m Xbox is knackered.:(

Casper
10-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Also the two worst games are Moto GP2 and KOTOR,all the rest work about 90%,these two are about 50%.

I wont be buying any new copys but I need to know if m Xbox is knackered.:(

Older versions of the dvd laser don't work too good with the new games, since they were tested with the new lasers....so I'd say it's time to get a new box man...sorry

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 01:54 PM
I'll wait till a new xbox game comes out like Top Spin and see if that works.

But your theory is abit hit and miss cause before I returned RAW2 it worked fine!:huh:

Casper
10-21-2003, 02:02 PM
I'll wait till a new xbox game comes out like Top Spin and see if that works.

But your theory is abit hit and miss cause before I returned RAW2 it worked fine!:huh:

I know, but trust me man, I went through the same stuff with KOTOR and RTCW....it's the laser for the dvd drive. Go rent some games and find out. Either way, it's your drive. If you don't have a warranty, you go call MS and it'll be about $90 USD to get it fixed, it's up to you.

Voodoo_Vince
10-21-2003, 02:09 PM
you may have over cleaned your lens , your only suppossed to do it once a year twice is pushing it and you have to use a a Wet/dry DVD lens cleaner , a dry one will just push the dust around and scrath your lens , I have a 1.0 also but I have a feeling my was refurbished, I have a Double sticker and it says Silver on the tag ?? but the only time I get DDE's is either in morrowind ant it's tired or when the game has actually been dirty,,

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Ok,is there a list of games that don't work very often with version 1 xbox's?

All I know of is Moto GP2 and KOTOR and as you said RTCW.:watchout:

Also wet disks?What's that about and yea mine also says Silver on the tag.

NuclearX-XBC
10-21-2003, 03:43 PM
That would royally suck not to have xbox work

Matt Freegard
10-21-2003, 04:19 PM
That was a real helpfull post,thanxs!:rolleyes:

I'm not joking anymore,,I need a conclusion!I just tryed KOTOR again and I had to eject it twice for it to work...

WHAT THE F'ING HELL?!!!:cuss:

But I really don't want to buy a brand new xbox cause I'll have to buy a memory card aswell to transver my Xbox Live Account and I'll have to start a new KOTOR game(waist of 40hours:mad: )!I'll have to start another racer on Moto GP2,start again on Halo.

It sucks!:cry:

Matt Freegard
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
A bunch of people from Official xbox mag said that it may be my xbox is too cold in the morning.Personally I think they just don't know what is actually wrong with their xbox's.

Anybody know if there is any truth to this cold xbox theory?:watchout:

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:52 PM
dotn know why it aint working... thats odd.. but nuclear x thats a pimped out sig.

Matt Freegard
10-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Please don't reply if you don't know the answer ok?

I've heard rumors that it costs £99 to repair it!!!:yikes:
How long do you reckon it will take for re-delivery?

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 06:40 PM
dude if its under warenty its free.... and if it inst it makes more sence to buy a new one

Matt Freegard
10-23-2003, 08:44 AM
I just rang Customer Support and they said that it'll be free to have a new laser reader but I nead some sort of registration code?!WTF is that?:cuss:

Ah this is so anoying,I'm gonna confert to Gamecube if this carries on!:cry: