PDA

View Full Version : Amped 2 Preview

Shadow20002
10-21-2003, 09:17 AM
Amped, when released in the sultry days of 2001, was alternatively praised and lamented by the then-young Xbox populace. Everyone loved the graphics, the five zillion music tracks, the sheer white-ness of it all, but there was one thing that hurt the game a bit—it was hard to stand up for very long. The rules for pulling off a successful trick were a fair bit stringent: you had to get the board dead straight on the ground, parallel to the hill, or else you fell down. Running into obstacles on the slopes also made you fall down, rather than do that little Tony Hawk-style "Aw, jeez, that hurt" shimmy dance. For gamers who grew up on 1080 and the brand-new (back then) SSX, this simulation-like approach to snowboarding was a little more than many could manage all at once.
For Amped 2—which hits Xbox store shelves in two weeks—Microsoft has let up on its audience a little bit. If you're well-versed with the original game, you'll be amazed at how permissive Amped 2 is with your landings. The first Amped forced you to land spot-on every time in order to have any chance of escaping your jump intact—this game, on the other hand, doesn't mind if you're leaning a little to one side, or your board is a bit diagonal to the slope, when completing a trick. It's not quite down to SSX levels of permissiveness, but it still makes things easier in the beginning stages.

Source@ (http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1354782,00.asp)

MerimacHamwich
10-21-2003, 10:32 AM
I hope to god they really mean only a little bit. I personally never really had a problem with the previous landings. I also think it would be retarded if they made it too much like Tony Hawk. It probably already is too much like it. I hate Tony Hawk.

l Maximus l
10-21-2003, 05:58 PM
I never had a problem with the landings either in the first installment. But, hey...I guess I will less likely eat it when I get Amped 2 :D

To date, Amped is still my 3rd favorite XBox game of all time.

Ugunnalose
10-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Amped 2 better be tight

LynxFX
10-21-2003, 06:13 PM
I never had a problem with the landings either and got quite good at it, so if it is a little more forgiving I should ace this game. Can't wait to play it on Live though. Just riding down a mountain with a few friends should be relaxing enough. I hope they allow some kind of free form runs like that.

MerimacHamwich
10-21-2003, 06:34 PM
I am one of only two poeple I know who actually got to #1 in the world. Some of those record scores are crazy though, haven't beat all of them.

AmpedRider
10-21-2003, 07:02 PM
I got #1 in the world but i gotta wait till xmas for a2