PDA

View Full Version : make your own xbox controler usb addapter

CMX Jedi
10-21-2003, 07:24 PM
yes if you make your own adapter(or buy one) to plug a Xbox controller into your computer you can use it as a Action Replay with a normal memory card.

get a spare breakaway wire. I got one for cheaper at Software Etc though.

get one of your spare USB cables.

cut them both in the middle.

twist each matching color wire to it's like color, ignore the yellow wire in the breakaway cable, it's there for light gun support.

cover each twisted wire with electric tape seperately

once done with all that wrap it all with electric tape.

goto codejunkies.com check the download section for Action replay software and install it.

go here (http://www.modasylum.com/articles/Bob/XBox/cuxctrl.zip) to download software so you can use the controller with your PC. Or check here for an alternate set of drivers.

now you can use your xbox controller on your PC and use it as an Action Replay.

mitch2025
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
sounds simple but i think i will just buy mine:D

Variation-XBA
10-21-2003, 09:54 PM
I'll pass as well

# 1 Stunner
10-21-2003, 10:11 PM
yeah this qoould be cool if u had a good computer to run games on...

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 11:20 AM
yeah good computers help a lot... the more the better :)

jelgiad
10-22-2003, 11:27 AM
sweet, i definately might look into buying one now. 40 bucks for an action replay or 15 bucks for the adapter.....let me think? Dont feel like taking the time to try to make my own.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 11:54 AM
sweet

Chaotic
10-22-2003, 12:08 PM
This mod is so easy it's funny. Took me 10 minutes to complete it.

And it works great.

MerimacHamwich
10-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Have two mods. One was shown in my "cribs" apparently no one took notice except like 3 poeple who Pmed me though...
:eek:

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:41 PM
nice sig man... that game is going to be aweasome

DocHoliday78
10-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Have two mods. One was shown in my "cribs" apparently no one took notice except like 3 poeple who Pmed me though...
:eek:

Yeah i saw it but all of this is old. People sell connectors for 5 bucks on ebay. Its much more simple and reliable. Damn mac you have been screaming for attention lately dont you think? First the Britney spears look alike and then this. Its not that big of a deal who spreads the word first on a forum.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:49 PM
i saw it to... dang it i dont like this forumm... so slow!!!!

mitch2025
10-23-2003, 12:02 PM
can u sauder it insted of using tape? and can i sue and xbox extension cord for the controller?

Boomer
10-23-2003, 05:16 PM
I need help get the drivers installed. I got the wires sodered together and taped no wires are touching that shouldn't be, green to green, red to red, black to black, and white to white. then I taped them so they couldn't interfere with each other. I then plugged it into my pc and a box in the bottom right poped up saying new hardware found then it dissapeard and then another one came up saying unkown hardware. and then nothing hapend. Wasn't a device install wizard supposed to pop up? I tried re-booting with out the controller plugged and then I plugged it in while the pc was running but now I get nothing. Is there anyway I can install the drivers manually?

MuffinMan-XBC
10-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Yes, soldering would give you a better connection and a stronger hold, i'd suggest using Heat Shrink over top of the connection too, just to spruce it up some ^_^

mitch2025
10-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
I need help get the drivers installed. I got the wires sodered together and taped no wires are touching that shouldn't be, green to green, red to red, black to black, and white to white. then I taped them so they couldn't interfere with each other. I then plugged it into my pc and a box in the bottom right poped up saying new hardware found then it dissapeard and then another one came up saying unkown hardware. and then nothing hapend. Wasn't a device install wizard supposed to pop up? I tried re-booting with out the controller plugged and then I plugged it in while the pc was running but now I get nothing. Is there anyway I can install the drivers manually?

did u dl the software to install it?

Boomer
10-23-2003, 10:11 PM
I didn't download any *software* but I did download the drivers adn tried to update the *unknown USB device* to the new drivers vut it wouldn't let me.

Torlough
10-24-2003, 10:52 AM
There seems to be three drivers for the USB/ Xbox controller set up. Is any have experience how would you rate them?

cuxctrl -

xctrl -

psxpad-

XID-

From what I gather uninstalling is a pain in the but and alot of people have had mixed reviews about drivers. anyhow I was going to install the cuxctrl.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

neosoft6666
10-24-2003, 12:22 PM
thnx m8 for the tutorial! :D

BionicSniper
11-17-2003, 08:19 PM
made my own for 5 bucks in 3 mins

using xid drivers and action replay for memory card and its ASWOME!

CMX Jedi
02-13-2004, 09:12 AM
wow its been a while scence i posted this
good times

MikeMan91389
02-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by dudeman48174
wow its been a while scence i posted this
good times

Thanks for the ideas mang, but i might just buy one on ebay for 15 bux :)