PDA

View Full Version : Activision Confirms True Crime Still on Target Despite Lawsuit

Shadow20002
10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Activision today quashed fears that the release of its massive next-generation console Christmas title True Crime: The Streets of LA will be affected by a recent lawsuit filed by crime author Robert Crais.

Crais, claiming that True Crime's lead character is a ripped-off version of Elvis Cole, the central character of a number of his crime novels, is attempting to prevent the videogame's November 4 release in the States and also seeks monetary damages and the destruction of all work that infringes on his own material.

But Activision is adamant that the legal action will in no way impact its plans to get the game out on schedule: "We have no comment to make on any litigation. But we want to reassure people that True Crime will release worldwide from November 4," a spokesperson from the publisher told us earlier today.

Source@ (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=97692)

Vyse
10-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Excellent news, thanks for keeping us updated. I was at Game Stop the other day and saw a release date of 11/18 and assumed it had been pushed back yet again.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 11:51 AM
what activation are u talking about?

Cryogenic Pyro
10-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by soulhaloty
what activation are u talking about?
Somebody's out of it... :rofl:

EHWfedPres
10-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Eh, it could be puched back 20 times for all I really care, I already know that the GTA games are coming out on the 5th and I know that they have good gameplay and alot of stuff to do other than missions...By the looks of it, true crime wont have either.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:39 PM
well sorry i am lazy and dont want to read a lot

LTM360
10-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Eh, it could be puched back 20 times for all I really care, I already know that the GTA games are coming out on the 5th and I know that they have good gameplay and alot of stuff to do other than missions...By the looks of it, true crime wont have either.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is an all-time first. I agree 100% with EHWfedPres!

As for soulhaloty I guess I'll be the nice guy who clears this up for you. Activision is the company who's publishing True Cimes: Steets of L.A. they publish other games such as the Tony Hawk series, and Pitfall (I think) back in the day of Atari.

[sarcastically] It would be such a shame if True Crimes got canceled huh?:)

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:48 PM
so thier getting sued becuase they have a game that is a like... all shotter games a alike

LTM360
10-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by soulhaloty
so thier getting sued becuase they have a game that is a like... all shotter games a alike

No their getting sued because...

Crais, claiming that True Crime's lead character is a ripped-off version of Elvis Cole, the central character of a number of his crime novels,.

soulhaloty
10-22-2003, 04:52 PM
same thing :p