PDA

View Full Version : I must be retarded

VAN
12-24-2001, 02:50 AM
WHy else would I get the bright idea of going to Toys R Us at 8:00pm on the second to last shopping day before Christmas? Sheesh!

ANywyas, I braved the crowds. Fought my way back to the game department and picked myself up copies of Max Payne and Silent Hill 2. Was really close to getting MX2002, but I think I'll save that for another day.

I played Max Payne for about 30 minutes before I was rudely interrupted with a phone call. I fell in love with the game even after only 30 minutes. I'm one of the few who never played the PC release, so it's all new to me. :)

After I hung up the phone, I decided to go ahead and give SH2 a shot. Wow!

I did play the original Silent Hill, but I didn't ever get the sequel for PS2, so again this was a new game to me.

As another XBA member stated, it does start out extremely slow, and the camera work takes a bit of getting used to. The voice acting is fantastic (in a residnet evil kinda way). I've always enjoyed the B Movie type voice acting anyways, so this was great.

Terrific fog engine, and the overall spook factor is amazing. Very eerie game.

I played for about 2 hours straight before taking a break to get some work done.

I'm about to go shut out the lights and continue my game in progress. I'll post a bit more (WITHOUT SPOILERS) as soon as I have a better opinion of these 2 titles.

Rancey
12-24-2001, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't say you're retarded, I can think of other things that would fit your description nicely though :p

VAN
12-24-2001, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
I wouldn't say you're retarded, I can think of other things that would fit your description nicely though :p

"Special"? :D

Rancey
12-24-2001, 03:29 AM
VEEERRRYYY Special :D

Supperdog
12-24-2001, 09:11 AM
Hey Jason can i be a mod? i'll do it for free :rolleyes:

Brian
12-24-2001, 09:18 AM
http://www.ballericons.com/icon/37360.gif

:D