PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen Support?

TheStall
10-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Hey guys. Okay here is my question (Lynxfx this is prolly going to fall to you): what is the outlook for support of games for 16:9 ratio? I am about to buy a new TV and am down to the Sony Wega 36" (standard aspect, $1799) and the Sony 34" Widescreen (16:9, $1999). I am not in the market for anything bigger because the room I will have it in is not very large ( I will be sitting about 6-7 feet from the screen). So my question really is should I go with the standard aspect or the widescreen? I want to avoid the rear projection models because I dont want to worry about burn in, and most of them are too large for my room ( I think? ). So if people could let me know their experiences and share their thoughts, that would be great! Thanks!

LynxFX
10-23-2003, 12:39 AM
If you are investing in a good tv, then the choice is obvious, go widescreen.

For that price range, I would get a direct view HDTV. Either from Panasonic, Samsung or Sony.

Widescreen is the future, and nearly every new show being produced is being shot in the 16x9 format. Add in movies and now games and you are set.

As for the Xbox, it has the largest selection of widescreen capable games. More and more coming each month as developers have learned that it is something we actually want. The games that don't support widescreen do stretch quite nicely so you really can't lose.

Let us know what you end up with. :D

TheStall
10-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Ahh okay, that was the next thing I was going to ask. About how well the non-16:9 games stretched. I was just dreading having to play with those damn side bars on. Thanks for the input man, I appreciate it.