PDA

View Full Version : which is going to be the most badass game halo 2, half life 2, or doom 3

dd deezenuts
10-23-2003, 12:59 AM
what game do you guys think will be the most badass game of next year,doom 3, half life 2 , or halo 2 . i got to say halo 2 cause the first one kicked so much ass i'am still playing it since it first came out.

DIGITAL
10-23-2003, 01:06 AM
i think all of them are gonna kick ass,but im looking forward to doom 3 the most,im trying to keep halo2 out of mind an out of site till the day it comes out:D

BinaryXtreme
10-23-2003, 02:41 AM
Halo 2 is my vote.

Se7en
10-23-2003, 02:56 AM
I think it's gotta be Halo 2. Really tough question though-

I have heard the least about Doom III, but I know that the graphics are really something to behold. As for Half-Life 2, I recently watched all of the high-res trailers I could find, and I have to say that the uniqueness of some of the weaponry is staggering, as is the interactivity of many of the environments. Built in booby-traps, how cool is that?! (Haha, I said Booby).

As for Halo 2, well... It's Halo 2. It's really tough to say, but at this point, I think my favorite will be whichever one comes out first :D

[WSD]-Sabrewulf
10-23-2003, 06:20 AM
Im not really sure what my fav would be?
Cant wait for any of them

Halo 2--Cause i love halo
Halflife2-Cause i completed the first many times
Doom3-Casue i played doom in so long i cant remember how i used to spend 12 hours a day playing it.

*Rumages for his copy of doom*

Discretion
10-23-2003, 06:45 AM
I really believe they all will be great titles. I think I am going to have to go with Halo 2 though! :D

Sheeyt
10-23-2003, 08:35 AM
Half Life 2 hands down. Then Halo 2 at a very very close second.

treyz3
10-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Halo 2 will be the best. Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 might be good games, too, but Halo 2 will blow them out of the water.

Jaclyn154
10-23-2003, 08:50 AM
Halo 2, all the way. I loved the first one, I'm still playing the first one!:cheers:

Brevity
10-23-2003, 08:59 AM
All will be great but I put HALO 2 on top for a few reasons the biggest of which is Vehicles,,,and lots of them.

Cold_As_Ice
10-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Half-Life 2 will be, without a doubt, game of the year 2004. Half-Life 2 will **** all over its compitition. You forgot to mention one First Person Shooter that also stands out; Far Cry. This will be runner up for the best FPS of next year, with Halo 2 in a close tie for second. Doom 3 follows in third place. I will be purchasing all of these awesome first person shooters, regardless.:D

Sheeyt
10-23-2003, 11:22 AM
I don't know about Far Cry. I've seen alot of footage, and nothing about Far Cry seems ground breaking or revolutionary then many other generic FPS games. If anything Far Cry would fall some where in the 5-10 position. With Half Life2, Halo 2 and Doom 3 being the top three spots. With possibly S T A L K E R being forth.

Cold_As_Ice
10-23-2003, 12:02 PM
How the hell is Far Cry not ground breaking? Its sheer scope and size is amazing. Yes, I forgot about Stalker. That game will be quite good, also.

LTM360
10-23-2003, 02:28 PM
though I've never played alot of Half Life, I've gotta go with Half Life 2. Im sure there's a reason so many people are getting so hyped up for this game. As long as its on Xbox, & compatible with Live, then I'd say Half-Life 2.

dd deezenuts
10-23-2003, 02:36 PM
have you guys seen the new warthogs from halo 2 yet. they look really badass. the quads sweet it will be fun to run people over and i heard you can shoot one handed while driving, i all so like the snow hog the tank tracs are tight, heres is some pics :cheers:

Sheeyt
10-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Far Cry just looks dull to me. The video's I've seen just aren't that impressive. The graphics aren't anything spectacular compared to HL2, DOOM3 or Halo2. Sorry Far Cry is going to flop.

Organ Donor
10-23-2003, 02:47 PM
HALO 2

DZNUTZ
10-23-2003, 03:07 PM
deez, what up man..this iz Dz.

people are forever asking me on live and via the net if i was playing halo on xbc (which i don't), i'm guessing that your the dude. anyways..just hope your representin. and remember..their can only be one true DZNUTZ.

-SIgned..the original Dz.

Chaotic
10-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

people are forever asking me on live and via the net if i was playing halo on xbc (which i don't), i'm guessing that your the dude. anyways..just hope your representin. and remember..their can only be one true DZNUTZ.

-SIgned..the original Dz.

The orginal http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/san232s/hardfunnypics/dancingflamingo.gif

dd deezenuts
10-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

-SIgned..the original Dz. ]]] hey you got the same name as me thats cool, but mine pronounced slighty different, double deeznuts i had that name for a long time since playing golden eye for n64 but hay dont worry dznuts i'll make sure the name deeznuts is feared all over the world buahahahaah

dd deezenuts
10-23-2003, 03:55 PM
hey dznuts you should play xbc then people will be really confused then there will be deeznuts on all there chins

RudedogX
10-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by dd deezenuts
]]] hey you got the same name as me thats cool, but mine pronounced slighty different, double deeznuts i had that name for a long time since playing golden eye for n64 but hay dont worry dznuts i'll make sure the name deeznuts is feared all over the world buahahahaah Well, at least someone will make it feared!:yikes:

Sorry...just had too!:rofl:

Brockly
10-23-2003, 05:50 PM
I im looking forward to Doom 3 and Halo 2. I cant decide which one I want more though.

Ford Mustang
10-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Halo 2, then Half Life 2, then Doom 3. :)

SolidSnakeX
10-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, a month ago, I would have said Half Life 2. But now, after all these "soap opera" mishaps pertaining the the release, I don't even care about it at this point. So I would have to go with Doom III, with Halo 2 at a close second. Doom just because I've anticipated this game for a very long time, and while I enjoyed Halo as much as anyone else, Doom will always be one of my favorite games.

EHWfedPres
10-24-2003, 12:42 AM
I want to play 8+ player Halo 2 more than anything else in my life right now, so I'll say Halo 2.

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Ugh, I can't believe someone is dissing Far Cry. That game looks amazing. Sadly, there is no real tangable release date. We at least know a general date for the other 3 games.

Having played Half Life 2 I am going to say it will without a doubt be better than Halo 2. Playing the Doom 3 Alpha makes me believe that it and Halo 2 will be in tight contention with eachother. Both are amazing looking games with thier own positives and negatives.

However, which am I wanting the most. Half Life 2 most definetly. The game has so much to offer. Also, seeing what was done with the previous incarnation, we know that it won't die out anytime soon after release. There will be tons of stuff to do with that game for years to come.

As for which one I am looking forward to the most for it's Xbox release. Halo 2 ofcourse. As it is being developed specifically for the Xbox we can expect an Uber game developed to work Uber-ly well with our green and black.

SPARTAN VI
10-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Ugh, this thread is played out. And I think I'm still out of breath from the other threads. :o

But yeah, Halo2 gets my vote because my computer sucks and other personal preference.

Torlough
10-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Halo 2 - because it will be the only game of the three released in the next year.

Not only that but it will be the only one that is a consule game. So first of the graphics you see advertised will be what you get. Where with a computer it depends on what you have vs what the game is "playable" on vs wat the game is "optimized for" A great example is Halo PC which looks great if you have an 800$ gaming card, however on most computers it lacks compared to the xbox version. There are also alot less cheaters on consule than online computer gaming.

Half life 2 - has been bumped back and might not be released. The problem with the source code and the fact the "movie" they showed at E3 was not a playable demo or evan a tracked walk through. supposibly the source code game that was stolen has been floating around the net and is horrible graphics and physics wise. All of people are saying the game was more hype than not and that tehy leaked the code as an excuse to push the date back

Doom 3- Will not be released for several years. Barely a spec of a video that has been around for years that is completely pre rendered and not in game at all.

JediMasterChief
10-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Half Life 2 and Doom 3 will probably turn out to be great games...excellent games.

But Halo 2 is going to be the best and there is no doubt about that.

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Torlough
Halo 2 - because it will be the only game of the three released in the next year.

Not only that but it will be the only one that is a consule game. So first of the graphics you see advertised will be what you get. Where with a computer it depends on what you have vs what the game is "playable" on vs wat the game is "optimized for" A great example is Halo PC which looks great if you have an 800$ gaming card, however on most computers it lacks compared to the xbox version. There are also alot less cheaters on consule than online computer gaming.

Half life 2 - has been bumped back and might not be released. The problem with the source code and the fact the "movie" they showed at E3 was not a playable demo or evan a tracked walk through. supposibly the source code game that was stolen has been floating around the net and is horrible graphics and physics wise. All of people are saying the game was more hype than not and that tehy leaked the code as an excuse to push the date back

Doom 3- Will not be released for several years. Barely a spec of a video that has been around for years that is completely pre rendered and not in game at all.
You are unbeleviable.
:rofl:

Seriously though, if that is what you have heard, then I suggest you stop listening to ignorant fanboys. Here, I have a few screenshots of INGAME Half Life 2 for you.

http://members.shaw.ca/MerimacHamwich/hl2ss1.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/MerimacHamwich/strider.JPG

Yes, they are ingame. How do I know? Becuase I took them.

P.S.
If you so wish I can go and take some Doom 3 Alpha screenshots as well.

I can't believe you think both games are crap and won't be released within the next year...

spectre187
10-24-2003, 11:01 AM
doom 3 cuz i have the old ass e3 alpha from last year and it was a kick ass engine, and with all this time it looks to me that it's shaping up to be one of the best fps games ever made

Torlough
10-24-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Seriously though, if that is what you have heard, then I suggest you stop listening to ignorant fanboys.

I will be the first to admit those screen shots are sweet. What is you r video card and the sytem you used to run the game you are capturing them on. Can you shoot that spedery leg things I would love to see what a dead one looks like.

If I am correct Half Life has been Delayed untill April is the rumor but no one knows because Valve and Vinvendi cant' decide

While many are already optimistically anticipating the announcement of a release date, if Valve and Viviendi can't even agree on one, I have doubts that ATi can deliver either. Unfortunately, in reality we should be expecting nothing more than a media-orientated press release regarding the coupons bundled with their XT range of cards.
http://www.halflife2.net/index.php

P.S.
If you so wish I can go and take some Doom 3 Alpha screenshots as well.

I can't believe you think both games are crap and won't be released within the next year...

Would love to see the doom 3. shots.

Yes as a regular attendee of E3 I have learned a general rule about games. If it is not in a playable demo form don't expect to see it out before the next E3. It's a rule to live by. There have been alot of games that I have seen "in game Video" and "scrren shots" of but no playable demo at E3 promissing a Fall / December Release that did not get released untill the next E3 where then there was a huge booth and a playable demo. I even wonder if Halo 2 will be pushed back.

If I use my E3 radar I would say that Half life will be before Doom 3 for the simple fact that there was alot of money spent on showing of Half Life than Doom 3. They did a premier rented a theater and also had a booth in the main concorse. Doom 3 had a looped trailer in a Kiosk behind a booth. No on e there to support or advertise there product. No booth babes or anything. Same as E3 2002.

I still stand by I like Consule games mor than PC cause PC games are to much work to keep up with all the mods etc....

RudedogX
10-24-2003, 12:04 PM

I still stand by I like Consule games mor than PC cause PC games are to much work to keep up with all the mods etc....
I couldn't agree more! Also, I admit, I was disappointed to see that there were no playable demos of any of the three big games this thread is about. If there was one huge disappointment about E3, it was that. This next year's though I think is going to be much bigger since I have this strange feeling that the big 3 console makers will announce their plans for their new systems. What do you think Torlough?

Torlough
10-24-2003, 12:35 PM
Not sure but I think you may be right the timing is good the new sytems should be out christmas 2005. There may be rumors in 2004 but no announcments untill 2005 to set up for christmas sales.

I think all three are set on the 2005 christmas date. I don't think the consules are that far behind technology right now.

I wonder if any will come with a DVD burners?

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 12:36 PM
I kinda jumped on your back there torlough. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyhow, I will get those shots for ya. But I gotta go to class now, so maybe in a couple hours.

As for the HL2 delay. I don't think it's going to be pushed back to April. ATi still has the advertisement on thier website for the 9600/9800xt cards to be shipping with Half Life 2.

I am pretty sure Doom 3 was slated for release this Christmas wasn't it. To be completely honest, I haven't been keeping track.

My system, well it kinda sucks. It was 900$ CAD, which translates to about 700$ or so USD.

Intel Celeron 1.3ghz
384mb PC100 SDRAM
Sapphire ATi Radeon 9500 pro.

My video card is what's saving my system. I also got it cheap from a friend, so I am uber-happy with it. Great card.

Anyhow, I literally have to run here. Later.

Torlough
10-24-2003, 12:42 PM
N/P m8 I understand where you were coming from, I might have come of sounding a little harsh and bit of a fan boy. Hey if I am out of line I expect to be jumped on :-). Not suprising Halo has a few fanboys around here. LOL Thats why I took the time to explain where I was coming from. Hey thats why I am here to give some information and try to learn alittle on the way.

Yeah it's the video card that does it. I figured you had a top of the line one :-) glad to hear you got a deal on it. I am expecting a Quadro Pro 900 xgl I got on ebay I hope it sharpens things up a bit.

It's all good
Peas
:cheers:

RudedogX
10-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Not sure but I think you may be right the timing is good the new sytems should be out christmas 2005. There may be rumors in 2004 but no announcments untill 2005 to set up for christmas sales.

I think all three are set on the 2005 christmas date. I don't think the consules are that far behind technology right now.

I wonder if any will come with a DVD burners?
The reason I think 2k4 will be the time is because most systems in the past have usually had early incarnations announced and sometimes with videos to show the capabilities about a year in advance.

Also, the DVD burner I think is a possibility seeing as how Sony's new hardware they're putting out with a PS2 will have one along with a 120 gig harddrive. Though I doubt this will be the standard to lead to the new generation of consoles due to the price needed just to break even. I can't see consumers paying a price much over 300.

Torlough
10-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah i wonder if they will put out 2 for sony One with a 300$ price point with everything and one with a 150$ price with just gaming and DVD. We may see a video what the x box was at E3 2 years before the first release. If the consules learned anything thouhg I hope it is backwards compatiblity is good. I think it helped PS2 sales while it hurt Nintendo who had to switch form cartridges to discs. That and a DVD player is a plus.

RudedogX
10-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I think all three of the big players (if all three remain in it), would be stupid not to include the Backwards compatibility. My concern for Nintendo is just that though. They've shown in their history that they don't want to do anything the same as their competitors, and in the past two incarnations, it's come back to bite them in their ass. Only time will tell though.

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Ahh, I missed me bus! Oh well. Not that important of a class. Doesn't matter. So I guess I will dig up Doom 3 and try to get some decent screens for you guys.

That video card is pretty crazy. Workstation Graphics Card if I am not mistaken. So it will definetly be able to do some serious rendering. I am not sure how well it will perform for games though.

-edit-
Oh yeah, I tried to kill that "Strider" when I took that screenshot. Wasn't able to though. Super heavy plated armor. It's a weird bio-mechanical thing that helps you out. Pretty cool indeed. It stomped out and started shooting enemies for me.

Torlough
10-24-2003, 01:01 PM
YEah I got it to speed up my 3d rendering in Cinema 4d I figured money making comes before gaming :-)

Ito
10-24-2003, 01:11 PM
Gotta go with Halo 2, I cant wait!

dd deezenuts
10-24-2003, 02:17 PM
i heard that xbox 2 will come out near 2006, just think how badass its going to be, i bet it will have like a 6 giga hertz proocessor, and be way better than g4ystation and g4ycube

Torlough
10-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Hey my playstation rocks, I like the xbox too -

http://images.dealtree.net/store/fullsize/DT_18834_1.jpg

yep thats right it's signed and it's mine :D

dd deeznuts
10-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey my playstation rocks, I like the xbox too -

http://images.dealtree.net/store/fullsize/DT_18834_1.jpg

yep thats right it's signed and it's mine :D what does that say on your platstation?

BunnyRabbit
10-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Halo 2 causes pants splooging.....half life 2 causes foaming at the mouth...doom 3 causes a meh because I never played ne dooms on comp...

so Halo 2 is my bizniz

Torlough
10-24-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
what does that say on your platstation?

Signed by Ozzy Osborne :D

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 04:14 PM
Alright. I finally took some screenshots. Which were hard to take, becuase, as you will see Doom 3 kills my computer. They lok pretty good though. I woulda tried to get better ones, but geeze. These two took forever.

http://members.shaw.ca/MerimacHamwich/doom31.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/MerimacHamwich/doom32.JPG

MeLb0rN
10-24-2003, 05:11 PM
definetely halo 2. its gonna be the best game out of all the games released in the next year at least. the people who r making doom 3 are concentrating on single player and that gets boring after the second time around. half life is annoying and is just gonna be too hard to play online. i hear that its gonna be real cool and everything but this is an xbox forum right??? lol, but halo 2 will own them all. continuous online battles forever. not that i havent been doing that with xbc, but its gonna be better with all the vehicles and voice chat.

XBC SUPPORTS VOICE CHAT BTW. MOST GAMES THAT ARE LIVE AND HAVE SYS LINK ARE SUPPORTED AND MOST OF THEM SUPPORT VOICE CHAT. CHECK IT OUT AT WWW.XBCONNECT.COM

dd deeznuts
10-24-2003, 05:13 PM

Signed by Ozzy Osborne :D holy crap dude thats badass did you talk to him was he all like mumbleing an stuff like on tv i heard he did acid every day when he was in black sabeth touring he's funny

dd deeznuts
10-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by MeLb0rN
definetely halo 2. its gonna be the best game out of all the games released in the next year at least. the people who r making doom 3 are concentrating on single player and that gets boring after the second time around. half life is annoying and is just gonna be too hard to play online. i hear that its gonna be real cool and everything but this is an xbox forum right??? lol, but halo 2 will own them all. continuous online battles forever. not that i havent been doing that with xbc, but its gonna be better with all the vehicles and voice chat.

XBC SUPPORTS VOICE CHAT BTW. MOST GAMES THAT ARE LIVE AND HAVE SYS LINK ARE SUPPORTED AND MOST OF THEM SUPPORT VOICE CHAT. CHECK IT OUT AT WWW.XBCONNECT.COM hell yah halo 2 going to kick so much ass cause of the online multiplayer it going to be fun with all the new vehicles hopefully they really spend a lot of time making it as good as they can. i'am sure you will be able to download new maps and stuff as well so it never gets old an hopefully new guns and vehicles that would be badass

BunnyRabbit
10-24-2003, 05:52 PM
dude those biznitchin pics of doom.....made me splooge.....way to go man now I have to buy all 3:p

armyof_one/ltd
10-24-2003, 07:29 PM
1.-Half-Life2
2.-Halo 2
3.-Doom3

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 07:30 PM
On a side note, for those of you who don't know, Max Payne 2 was the debut of Half Life 2's physics engine. That's right, it uses the Havoc Engine (think that is what it's called). Pretty sweet indeed.

dd deeznuts
10-24-2003, 07:37 PM
On a side note, for those of you who don't know, Max Payne 2 was the debut of Half Life 2's physics engine. That's right, it uses the Havoc Engine (think that is what it's called). Pretty sweet indeed. the havoc engine is really badass the physics are dam good everything acts just like in real life.

MerimacHamwich
10-24-2003, 07:38 PM
I know. I have played both Half Life 2 and Max Payne 2. Experienced Havoc first hand. It's great.

dd deeznuts
10-24-2003, 08:24 PM
I know. I have played both Half Life 2 and Max Payne 2. Experienced Havoc first hand. It's great. are you like a beta tester or something?

George89
10-24-2003, 08:44 PM
Probably Halo 2 for me, just from that amazing E3 footage, then Half-Life 2 close behind. I dont know about Doom 3 though, i have never been a big fan of the games.

MerimacHamwich
10-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by dd deeznuts
are you like a beta tester or something?
I am not at liberty to say. I gave you screenshots though, so believe what you want to believe.

RenoXG
10-25-2003, 05:38 AM
This is a no brainer...

Halo 2

spectre187
10-25-2003, 10:28 AM
in other words you went on direct connect and downloaded a beta just like every other pc gamer LOL

and btw- ozzy osbourne is a joke... he needs to go the way kurt went... lol

Torlough
10-25-2003, 10:50 AM
Screen shots are sweet but I am having enough trouble getting Halo PC to look nice :cuss: when will that video card get here?

creepinevil
10-25-2003, 07:56 PM
i plan on getting all 3 of those games halo2 , halflife2 , and doom3 . but there is no question halo2 will be the one to beat..

BunnyRabbit
10-25-2003, 09:00 PM
will any of these 3 games be out before the holidays? I know Halo 2 isnt but if at least one is I could get it for christmas.. or on my birthday which is January 27..(thats right...feel free to send anything)LoL

MerimacHamwich
10-25-2003, 09:03 PM
There are rumours about Half Life 2 being delayed until sprind. Valve denies them. I haven't heard any other comments made more recently on the situation. So as far as I know, HL2 will be out in time for the holidays. I am clueless as to the release date of Doom 3.

xbox genius
10-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by dd deezenuts
what game do you guys think will be the most badass game of next year,doom 3, half life 2 , or halo 2 . i got to say halo 2 cause the first one kicked so much ass i'am still playing it since it first came out.

I say Halo2 too, i dont know much about half life 2 because most likely my computer cant run it so i didnt look into it much, same thing with doom3 but i have higher expectations for half life2

BunnyRabbit
10-25-2003, 09:14 PM
There are rumours about Half Life 2 being delayed until sprind. Valve denies them. I haven't heard any other comments made more recently on the situation. So as far as I know, HL2 will be out in time for the holidays. I am clueless as to the release date of Doom 3.

Well as long as Ive got all these good games comin out on the holidays to hold me over for Doom3 and Halo 2...Ill be good.:p

TheStall
10-25-2003, 09:18 PM
I think most of the people that are looking forward to Halo2 more than Half Life 2 probably did not play the original Half Life when it first came out. That game absolutely was the best FPS of all time, hands down, without a doubt upon its release (I still think it is). The story line (yeah... remember story lines) was awesome, the scripting of the Marines was very very realistic and the community that spawned around it to make add-ons and mods has never been matched. You ever hear of Counter Strike? Made because of HL. This game is going to do it again. And by "It" I mean change the face of video games. For the better.

BunnyRabbit
10-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Dude...do you like work with the Half Life peoples...Because if I didnt already want that game...You would have it sold to me...w00t!

Anyway Look at us hyping these games and when they come out they are all gonna be on our most hyped game that didnt deliver:p

dd deeznuts
10-26-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by TheStall
I think most of the people that are looking forward to Halo2 more than Half Life 2 probably did not play the original Half Life when it first came out. That game absolutely was the best FPS of all time, hands down, without a doubt upon its release (I still think it is). The story line (yeah... remember story lines) was awesome, the scripting of the Marines was very very realistic and the community that spawned around it to make add-ons and mods has never been matched. You ever hear of Counter Strike? Made because of HL. This game is going to do it again. And by "It" I mean change the face of video games. For the better. yah counter strike was badass wasnt that made by 2 college guys. i think half life 2 is totally going to kick ass they got some impressive technology behind them like the havoc engine, which is in max pain 2, but i think halo 2 going to be better. the multyplayer is going to really set halo apart from the rest

dd deeznuts
10-26-2003, 01:13 AM

I am not at liberty to say. I gave you screenshots though, so believe what you want to believe.
:cheers: dude are you like a spy or something haha just kidding its cool that you showed us some pics if you get any new ones you should post them up here :cheers:

TheStall
10-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah Counter Strike was made by just some guys. I worked with one of them (Gooseman, a modeler) on a Quake Mod WAAAAAAAAAY back in the day. He was very talented.

dd deeznuts
10-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by TheStall
Yeah Counter Strike was made by just some guys. I worked with one of them (Gooseman, a modeler) on a Quake Mod WAAAAAAAAAY back in the day. He was very talented. hell yah i aways wanted to try and do a mod just not enough time but if i made one it would be extremey violent and bloody like if you shoot some one in his head it would explode and blood would shoot everyware. and you could get a chainsaw and chop off limbs and stuffthat would kick ass :cheers:

dd deeznuts
10-26-2003, 03:32 PM
if anybody gets any new pics they should post them up here

SPARTAN VI
10-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Mac, are you playing the Doom3 alpha at 5fps or did the framerate drop when you took a screenshot? What's your average framerate on the alpha anyway?

MerimacHamwich
10-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Honestly, the Doom 2 Alpha is very inconsistent on my system. When I set it up for the screenshots its usually around 5 fps becuase of everything on screen. However, it can even go as high as 30 fps on the rare ocassion. I would say 10 fps is the average.

I might take some more screenshots some time.

Sp1Ke
10-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Half Life 2 will be the next best game then Doom 3, i got bored of halo and thought the singleplayer was too easy, ive just got xbconnect up and running and it is a bit of a challenge but not enough to keep me playing.

Torlough
10-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by spectre187

and btw- ozzy osbourne is a joke... he needs to go the way kurt went... lol

:cuss: :argue1:

Kurt wouldn't be as famous as he is now if he didn't off himself. He would have faded into obscurity like the rest of the grunge scene by now.

So you will have to excuse Ozzy for sticking around and rockin out. he has twice the stage presence of mumbly looking at the ground I hate being famuos cobain. :cuss: :eek:

:D

ffight2
10-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Halo 2, obviously. when the hell is it comin' out?????!!!!!!!!!!

WrathfulPoppa
10-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Halo 2 (coming out march 2004 ;) ) will be the best. And here's why: Halo2.owns.it.
Doom 3 makes a very close second.
Half Life 2 will bring up the rear.

RagunCajun
10-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Halo fans will pick halo 2
Half life 2 fans will pick that
Doom fans will pick doom.
Also final fantasy fans will never see the light and keep buying that "game."

IMO, i dont know which one ill prefer. Im a die hard halo fan, but im sick of the game as is.

TheCovenant
10-28-2003, 03:01 AM
i agree with spartan, this has been played out.

And where the hell is Koopa and all his talk about the source engine ruling the world?

whatevah.

Halo 2. I play that game still. The secind one looks great. Oh, and i played the doom 3 alpha. nothing too impressive there. it looks nice, but the physics arent up to par with halo and HL2.

dd deeznuts
10-28-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
Halo fans will pick halo 2
Half life 2 fans will pick that
Doom fans will pick doom.
Also final fantasy fans will never see the light and keep buying that "game."

IMO, i dont know which one ill prefer. Im a die hard halo fan, but im sick of the game as is. YAH your right cep final fantasy fans will be blowing each other wishing they were cool enough to play halo

OC Noob
10-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by xbox genius

I say Halo2 too, i dont know much about half life 2 because most likely my computer cant run it so i didnt look into it much, same thing with doom3 but i have higher expectations for half life2

If you computer isn't totally obsolete you will be able to run it. They said TNT2 cards should be able to run it fine. It won't look nearly as good as with a 9800 Pro, but it will be playable. Although, I hope you have atleast a Geforce II, otherwise no new games will play decently on your machine.

ps Ozzy is cool, but hes a total retard now from all the drugs he did. Dude can't even dress himself anymore.

Evil_Icon
10-28-2003, 04:43 PM
LoL I just seen this thread and what kind of question is that.The answer should be obvious.;)

Koopa
10-28-2003, 06:26 PM
hasnt this been done to death yet?

ok here goes:

blahblah blah half life 2 will be the greatest game evar blah blahblah delay blah blah leaked alpha caused delay blah blah blah blah blah source engineblahblahblah graphics blah blah AI blah blha physics blah blah multiplayer and modsblah blah

blah blha halo2 will be ****ing awesome blah blah xbox live blah blah blah graphics blah blah AI blah blah online tactics blah blah story

blah blah doom3 blah blah graphics blah blah blah multiplayer looks interesting blah blah blah

dd deeznuts
10-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
hasnt this been done to death yet?

ok here goes:

blahblah blah half life 2 will be the greatest game evar blah blahblah delay blah blah leaked alpha caused delay blah blah blah blah blah source engineblahblahblah graphics blah blah AI blah blha physics blah blah multiplayer and modsblah blah

blah blha halo2 will be ****ing awesome blah blah xbox live blah blah blah graphics blah blah AI blah blah online tactics blah blah story

blah blah doom3 blah blah graphics blah blah blah multiplayer looks interesting blah blah blah blahblahblah your mom blah blah sucks me blah blah off blahblah while you blah blah wait your blahblah turn blahblah to blow blahblah me blah