PDA

View Full Version : more rpgs?

Hero
10-23-2003, 02:41 AM
is sudeki and morrowind the only good rpg's coming to xbox ? cuz i havent heard much buzz from anything else.

CarGuy
10-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Arx Fatalis is coming out. The PC version was supposedly good. Fable which is going to be "The best RPG ever" should be out next year. True Fantasy is a MMORPG due out in the distant future but looks really, really good.

Hero
10-23-2003, 06:58 PM
that still doesnt sound like alot of options =/

thrAsher
10-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Hero
that still doesnt sound like alot of options =/ Brother, I feel your pain. I contemplate from time to time buying a PS2 just for some straight-up console RPG goodness. Flame if you must, but the Xbox is sliiiiiiim in the RPG dept..

I know that Deus Ex : Invisible War is coming out early Dec., and that is looking like it will be a sweet FPS/RPG hybrid. I never played numero uno, but have heard a lot of good things.

RudedogX
10-24-2003, 08:41 AM
There's also BC, but that probably won't come out till later too unfortunately. I think Gladius is supposed to be a type of RPG as well.

thrAsher
10-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I think Gladius is supposed to be a type of RPG as well. That's right. That game keeps slipping under my radar. Read in Brevity's post that it got an 8.5 by OXM, so it can't be that bad. Too many games coming out to say if I'll check it out, though.

JediMasterChief
10-24-2003, 11:03 AM
Morrowind isn't really "coming out". The game has been out since June 2002. But you're probably referring to the GotY edition.

Fable and BC are your best bet. There are a few others, but most of them have been listed here already. The good thing is that there is an increase in the number of RPGs coming to Xbox.

Xorg
11-07-2003, 04:18 PM
How about Jade Empire, the one being developed by bioware right now

Ruined
11-16-2003, 03:11 PM
True Fantasy Live Online
and
Citizen Zero

will both be coming out next year as well

Perhaps Farnation will actually make a showing, too.

TuffEagle88
11-16-2003, 08:48 PM
FABLE!!!!!!!! Alright, now that I've said it, Fable is the only RPG that I've been keeping up with. Its supposed to come out around Feb.-March. GOTY is supposed to be ok, but I hear it still has a bunch of glitches, I'm looking forward to Shenmue3, but I don't think its gonna even come out next year, so I haven't heard anything about it.

CarGuy
11-17-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
FABLE!!!!!!!! Alright, now that I've said it, Fable is the only RPG that I've been keeping up with. Its supposed to come out around Feb.-March. GOTY is supposed to be ok, but I hear it still has a bunch of glitches, I'm looking forward to Shenmue3, but I don't think its gonna even come out next year, so I haven't heard anything about it.

Morrowind GOTY does not have a bunch of glitches.

StudioAlex
11-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy

Morrowind GOTY does not have a bunch of glitches.

Yes it does. It crashes and freezes more often than the original. I understand that if you have a new Xbox this isn't a problem, but that's hardly any kind of concilation to those of us who payed 300 bucks for our xboxes when they came out. Every other game seems to work fine on my launch Xbox, so what's bethesda's excuse?

thrAsher
11-17-2003, 12:35 PM
I just bought Gladius last week and have been playing as much as possible. Great game. Graphics are 'eh', and it is by no means a traditional RPG, but a great synthesis of RPG and turn-based strategy set in a fictional realm where gladitorial combat is THE entertainment for the masses.

Anyhow, was skeptical when I went to buy it, but am glad I did now. Fun, fun game and very addicting. Not a button smasher, and great in that you actually have to think out each and every battle.

It'll keep me more than busy until Deus Ex. :cheers:

xboxfreak99
11-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Hero.. i know exactly what you are talking about

DDR2theEXTREME
12-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Fable Fable Fable Fable. can't wait till that awesomatic game comes out (prolly won't come out for 3 years though....damn delays)