PDA

View Full Version : Xbox sales up!

LynxFX
10-23-2003, 05:35 PM
This is looking to be the best holiday season for the Xbox.

Robust consumer demand for PCs during the back to school shopping season fueled better than expected Client revenue during the quarter. In addition, MSN® had another strong quarter with over 50% advertising revenue growth, and Home and Entertainment revenue grew by 20%, driven by the successful launch of the Xbox® holiday offering. Mobile and Embedded Devices also demonstrated momentum this quarter with revenue growing to $53 million on strong results from our Windows Mobile(TM), MapPoint®, and Windows® Embedded products. Additionally, this week AT&T Wireless announced the availability of the Motorola MPx200, the first Windows Mobile-based Smartphone in North America.

Microsoft reports earnings (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031023/sfth070_1.html)

Ford Mustang
10-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Haha. That's cool. It's always nice to see the XBox up in sales. :) MS will crush the competition eventually, like it always does. :D

Organ Donor
10-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Thats always good news to hear

ScottTheKilla
10-23-2003, 06:00 PM
and so it begins......lol

Hero
10-23-2003, 06:03 PM
eventually EA and the japanesse will have no choice but to accept the supremacy of the xbox.

Shadow20002
10-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Great news !! :cheers:

Just have the feeling i'm buying the right box....i know it. :cheers:

George89
10-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Xbox sales going up is always good news. Gamecube looks like it could be crumbling soon, they lowered the price to $99.99 and stopped making them untill excess systems are sold off.

SnoochyBoochy
10-23-2003, 09:11 PM
yeah boys! bought the right box for sure
beats the hell outta that gamebox and the playbox for sure

Cloud Strife
10-23-2003, 09:47 PM
That's extremely great to hear. Finally, people are seeing the power of the X. Xbox has had an excellent lineup of games the 2nd half of this year and it's leaving me broke with so many great games to buy. The great XBL games coming out should definitely keep Xbox sales high.

Glad to see Xbox continuing to do well. It seems like almost every time I go to EB, someones buying an Xbox.

Some of my friends I talked to the other day, who originally disliked Xbox, told me they really want to buy one now since the Xbox always has the superior versions of games.

l Maximus l
10-23-2003, 09:51 PM
I am seeing this, too...I work part-time at an electronics retailer that sells XBoxes and the other two consoles and we sell so many more XBoxes that it's not even funny. When people come in to look at games, they seem to always be looking at the XBox games...hardly anyone is over at the GC or PS2 section :D

skorp
10-24-2003, 02:53 AM
Yep!

I see it too at Gamestop...

funny thing is I catch myself helping some of these people looking at the games that look confused and seem like there ready to ask an Employee for questions... ummmm... Yeah! I dont work there...
But I do know most of them... I'm more than welcome to help anyway... hehehee...:D

There employees (Gamestop) always seem busy too...

Just doing my part.....

EHWfedPres
10-24-2003, 02:01 PM
Good news...and cool Slayer/Cradle of Filth sig you got there, SnoochyBoochy.

:cheers: