PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated game that is overrated

Wolfboy_888
10-23-2003, 06:55 PM
You know those games...with all the hype and when they finally come out people hate it and its not what they expect ...you decide not to get it and then find it on the store shelf for 20 bucks 6 months later and decide to take a shot at it ... you play it and find out its an excellent game...thus the question i ask...what's the most underrated game that was overrated...ill say dead to rights...i thought it would be average but it really is a great game.

Shadow20002
10-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Azurik !!! :p

Nope...hmm....

CarGuy
10-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Brute Force. I never even really heard of it so when i played it I thought it was pretty cool. Not worth a buy as i beat it while renting, but still fun and solid.

Hero
10-23-2003, 07:07 PM
i agree...brute force should be a platinum hit... not worth 50 bucks..but definitly a must buy at 20.

thrAsher
10-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Brute Force. I never even really heard of it so when i played it I thought it was pretty cool. Not worth a buy as i beat it while renting, but still fun and solid. Perfect example of a game squashed by hype, CarGuy. However, I don't agree w/ you 100%. I bought the game and still enjoy it. While it lacks Live support ( :huh: ), I'm surprised more people don't play it on XBC.

Astounding, really. Multiplayer is a lot of fun and highly addictive.

On the flipside, Enter the Matrix was a heap of cold, moldy rhino crap and sold a gagillion copies. :rolleyes:

Wolfboy_888
10-23-2003, 09:44 PM
definitly matrix...just cause a movies good...brute force i completly forgot about to..i got it for 18 anyways so :P

l Maximus l
10-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
I'm surprised more people don't play it on XBC.

Sadly, XBConnect doesn't run the game very well for some reason. It's very slow...and, nearly unplayable.

Too bad, too...I know for a fact I would play a lot if it worked well on XBC.

EHWfedPres
10-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Im an idiot and dont understand the question...underrated game that is overrated? Doesn't make sence to me...but then again, im dumb. :watchout:

Sheeyt
10-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I enjoyed Enter The Matrix. I enjoyed it more then Brute Force and I was excited about Brute Force. Boy what a let down.

Cloudkind
10-24-2003, 02:14 PM
I don't remember how hyped Indiana Jones was (it is Lucasarts so it must have had some money behind it) but it seems the title came and went.

I picked this up used last week and CAN'T believe how great the game is:yikes:

I think it's a must have game but no one talks about it:watchout:

Ford Mustang
10-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Brute Force was definitely overhyped. It was a big letdown for me. :(

I thought Bloodwake was a good game, though. Most people hated it. :)

AloneInTheDark
10-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Well the question didn't make too much sense, but anyways. I would have to say Soldier of Fortune 2. A lot of people were real excited about it, and then all the reviews said how much it sucked. I got into it alot online, and it was awesome.

MeLb0rN
10-24-2003, 05:41 PM
brute force sucked. it was on the original halo disc as one of the game previes when it came out and the stupid game didnt come out until this year. that game was so overrated and had no chance of living up to the hype. it was a 3rd person, online lacking, pea shooter. very disappointing.