PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Help !!!!!!

PaPa SmUrF
10-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Help!

whenever i try to play a game, my xbox gives an error message that it cannot recognize the disc. i tried ejecting the disc and putting it back in and taking off my xbox but it does not work. However, after awhile the game plays!

If you have any suggestions please reply to me at akgl@tstt.net.tt

Hero
10-23-2003, 07:57 PM
i had the same thing for a while..most likely your lens is a bit dirty you might wanna go buy a lens cleaner from radio shack or soemthing..once i cleaned my lens..i stopped getting those dirty disc errors..

Variation-XBA
10-23-2003, 09:01 PM
1-800-FIX-MY-XBOX

X-Fan
10-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Variation
1-800-FIX-MY-XBOX
no need just boil the disk,also dont do that lens cleaner thing coz i heard it ruins the lens.

addicted_2_xbox
10-24-2003, 09:48 AM
boil the disc?! :huh: never heard of that before if ur being serious. wats that supposed to do?

Sheeyt
10-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Actually I've heard lots of people that had problem OXM discs have boiled them, and they worked afterwards. I don't know if I'd boil a 50.00 disc because most likely the problem is in your Xbox.

As far as using a lens cleaning and it ruining the lens, why would a lens cleaning that specifically cleans the lens ruin it? I use a lens cleaner atleast twice a week to clean the inside of my Xbox. Thats just basic common sense maintence.