PDA

View Full Version : Which game do you think was the most hyped uped and then didn't deliver?

George89
10-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Which game do you think was the most hyped uped and then didn't deliver?

I actually think that Enter the Matrix was a huge disapointment and so was Brute Force, the hype ruined the final game.

Yankeez
10-23-2003, 08:14 PM
brute force
dead to rights

ARONO129
10-23-2003, 08:20 PM
No question it was WWF RAW.

TheCovenant
10-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Brute force
MArvel vs Capcom 2

Variation-XBA
10-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Brute Force
Raw1

l Maximus l
10-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Mechassault
Max Payne

spectre187
10-23-2003, 10:25 PM
raw 2

* why marvel capcom 2? you knew what to expect if you had a dreamcast...its THE best 2d fighter out there...whats the prob with it

Hero
10-23-2003, 11:24 PM
brute force

TheStall
10-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Definitely Brute Force. That game SUCKED. Thankfully I only rented it. Also, Mechassault was super terrible. I am trying to trade it if anyone is interested...

Voodoo_Vince
10-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Brute force is a Good game on brutal , it was over hyped though, but still sold Millions ,

E.T. the extra terrestial for Atari 2600 , most over hyped and turn out to be the worst game ever made,

EHWfedPres
10-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Brute Force, Max Payne, Dead to Rights, any video game based off a movie, and Wreckless.

ScottTheKilla
10-24-2003, 03:09 AM
I really dont think enter teh matrix and brute force were that bad of games. There is so much worse out there. They did get more hype the usual though. One game I can think of that got hyped and shouldnt was..

BMX XXX

Watchman
10-24-2003, 06:33 AM
I agree with post #1. Enter the Matrix I didnt even bother buying, after I played it for 5 mins at my mates house, and I traded Brute Force in after 2 days.

They could both have been great games, imo, but they didnt live up to my expectations.:mad:

Warchant
10-24-2003, 08:55 AM
hmmm

Soldiers of Fortune (could have been soooo much better)
Unreal Championship (exact same as Unreal Tournament, just with a different story)

addicted_2_xbox
10-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Enter The Matrix and almost any game based on a movie like EHWfedPres said.

I liked Dead to Rights tho, i thought it was cool.

RudedogX
10-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Wasn't bloodwake hyped and failed miserably too?:watchout:

Hellsing
10-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Brute Force

JediMasterChief
10-24-2003, 10:45 AM
I agree with the majority of people that Brute Force was quite disappointing, although people were all hyped-up about it. Some of the games based on movies were pretty bad, however, not all of them.

Enter the Matrix was disappointing, however, I don't really think people were that "hyped" about it, before its release.

StudioAlex
10-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief

Enter the Matrix was disappointing, however, I don't really think people were that "hyped" about it, before its release.

Considering it set sales records, people must have been hyped about it.

My vote from recent memory gos to Brute Force and LotR: Two Towers.

I was jazzed to get BF after reading the official review from this site to only be dissapointed at it averageness. I sold it when I preorder KotOR.

And LotR, if you took away the movie license, it really wasn't more than a decent game. It didn't even support two player. People were enthralled by the fact that it would seguay from movie footage straight to gameplay.

Cold_As_Ice
10-24-2003, 11:44 AM
- Brute Force
- Enter the Matrix
- Dead to Rights
- Amped
- Turok: Evolution
- James Bond: Night Fire
- Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix

All these games are mediocre, and huge dissapointments.:cuss:

BunnyRabbit
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
brute force
dead to rights

Im with you there all the way...Brute Force is no doubt the answer Id go with... I mean the most awesome shizniz since Halo...thats been backed up for several months only to bring you: a slightly better than mediocre game!

Wolfboy_888
10-24-2003, 04:29 PM
why are some of you putting max payne? just curious..my only beef with it is that its too short...max payne was the reason i got an xbox...after basically retiring from video games(i kicked ass by the way there was nothing or no one i couldnt beat) after i was hugely dissapointed by N64, say 6 years later i get really bored and decide to "plug the controller back in" ...of course i was leaning towards playstation 2 but one night my cousins future husband (which technically wouldnt he be my cousin to?) comes over with xbox in hand..and thats when he introduced me to the power of the X and max payne....i played from friday at 4 pm till 5 in the morning saturday....i was back! so that christmas of course i purchased the xbox after reading up on it...and discovered the god that is halo and been happy ever since..

Cold_As_Ice
10-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Yes, in my honest opinion, Max Payne was an excellent game. Why are there such negative perceptions of it?

MeLb0rN
10-24-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
- Brute Force
- Enter the Matrix
- Dead to Rights
- Amped
- Turok: Evolution
- James Bond: Night Fire
- Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix

All these games are mediocre, and huge dissapointments.:cuss: i agree with all that except amped. i thought that game was hot. personal soundtracks and grinding down the whole mountain for 2 million points!! i thought this was a good game to sit around and play with a few friends and a few beers.

BinaryXtreme
10-25-2003, 12:32 AM
All hype and sucked....

MechAssault

Look, I tried and tried to play and like the game but it just sucked for me. A 10 year old boys dream game though.

Shadow20002
10-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Brute Force....though was the best one in the same steps of Halo. :(

JediMasterChief
10-25-2003, 08:59 AM
The majority of games listed were great disappointments, although they were highly anticipated.

However, we are forgeting one game...Unreal Championship.

Most people were really anticpated and hyped-up about this one, but when it came out...its "hype-level" jsut droped.

ShannonX
10-25-2003, 09:15 AM
brute force. had it for about 2 weeks, opened my disk case once, and then traded it. or sold it, cant remember. ( played through the the campaign via co-op with my friend in just a day or so. only opened my case one time when we used 2 tvs)

BinaryXtreme
10-25-2003, 02:13 PM
I love Unreal Championship. I honestly believe it is one of the best on line games for the XBOX and can honestly find nothing to complain about the game. To be honest, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone complain about it in any way. I believe Unreal is in the top 5 best XBOX games out there. Can't wait for the next version.

MerimacHamwich
10-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Sega GT 2002
Jet Set Radio Future
Enter The Matrix (I like it, but it wasn't finished, becuase Shiny just suck at developing)
Tony Hawk (all)
Blood Omen 2
Blood Wake
Dead or Alive 3
Soul Calibur 2
Ghost Recon
Hunter The Reckoning
Gun Valkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb
Mech Assault
Medal Of Honor Frontline
Outlaw Golf
Phantasy Star Online
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crimson Sea
Pirates of the Caribbean
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Silent Hill 2
SSX (all)
Enclave
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings
Spiderman
Transworld Snowboarding

And no, I don't hate everygame. There are plenty I enjoy. I even enjoy some on the list, they just didn't deliver what they promised.

BunnyRabbit
10-25-2003, 02:39 PM
that list consists of many games I own...and I find not many were all too overhyped of what they delivered...and to say I dont believe that Max Payne was overhyped or that it sucked that game delivered more than just the punch it said it would package.

MerimacHamwich
10-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
that list consists of many games I own...and I find not many were all too overhyped of what they delivered...and to say I dont believe that Max Payne was overhyped or that it sucked that game delivered more than just the punch it said it would package.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2a066e7aa5f54df83b6f8db60a0be06a/fabdbbd0.jpg

creepinevil
10-25-2003, 03:14 PM
without a doubt brute force. it is not a bad game but they made it out to be the next halo . in my opinion brute force does not belong in the same sentence as halo...

Liquid Gears
10-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Dead to Rights
Unreal Championship

I betcha anything:

True Crime & UC2 will be the exact same.

BunnyRabbit
10-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p2a066e7aa5f54df83b6f8db60a0be06a/fabdbbd0.jpg

wtf? Have you not heard someone say "(blah blah) packed a punch"

meh whatever to yaz...
Jet Set Radio Future
Blood Wake
Phantasy Star Online
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Silent Hill 2
SSX
Enclave
are games I have(or have played) and would say are quite good..
Im not tryin to start nothin here so dont be a crocodilly about it.
:p

MerimacHamwich
10-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
that list consists of many games I own...
end sentence
anddelete unneeded word
I find not many were all too overhyped of what they delivered...End sentence
and to say I dont believe that Max Payne was overhyped or that it sucked that game delivered more than just the punch it said it would package. Double U Tee Eff?

You see what I was getting at now?

Diddy
10-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Im with hammy on all the games he posted. SOF2 was quite a let down tho.

And so was mechassault. Ghost Recon was too, to me at least.

And Honestly, I think Rainbow Six 3 will be overhyped even tho i preordered it, damn peer pressure lol. Almost all the PC ports the Xbox gets, gets mad hype and well sucks.

I remember very clearly, that OXM was really excited about SOF2, they gave it like a 7.9 or something and said it would be awesome, and that was the preview.

They never said another word about it after it released and no review. I wonder why......

BunnyRabbit
10-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Oh...LoL. Well, you will see that I am not all on corrections. I'll shorten words and all different things when im just typing stuff up real fast. Yeah I see why you would say that now that you point out why...But then again you could post double u tee eff after quite a few of my posts and it would make good sense...LoLz

Anyway sorry if I sorta bit back an whatever over it.

yeah i tend to dot dot dot(...) whenever I pause thinking
To show how itd be said I guess....I dunno

ScorpionX
10-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Biggest for me was UC. I was shocked, that game was one of the worst games I've played with so much hype. :cry: Then we have Brute Force, a game that has absolutely no replay value and was delayed for months :huh:

Diddy
10-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Hey people are slow what can ya do??
lolololol

Reclaimer
10-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Dead to Rights, and BMX XXX where the only games I felt got way too much hype and was quite the let down.

E Nomini Patri
10-25-2003, 07:17 PM
I tried to play Brute Force, but I couldn't for very long. I got my refund for it and bought some DVD's...

I hope True Crime turns out good, let's just cross our fingers.

Wolfboy_888
10-26-2003, 11:27 AM
bmx xxx wasnt hyped for gameplay though :cheers:

George89
10-26-2003, 12:59 PM
I think Turok Evolution was bad because it was really hard to beat! I had to use cheats to beat it. Which really disapointed me.

BunnyRabbit
10-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by George89
I think Turok Evolution was bad because it was really hard to beat! I had to use cheats to beat it. Which really disapointed me.

I didnt need cheats to beat it beacause it was hard... I needed cheats because it was so much more fun to play with them on. Using Cheats and messing around owning little lizards with all weapons on infinite ammo is what had me playing that game for the little time I did...

Justus
10-26-2003, 07:31 PM
I agree with the majority of you that have posted Brute Force. That was the first, and last, time I buy a game brand new at Wal-Mart. From now on I'll RENT FIRST!