PDA

View Full Version : Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Talkback)

SolidSnakeX
10-23-2003, 08:44 PM
So, has anyone else picked this one up? I'm a big fan of the turtles, so of course I have. So far I've been very impressed with the controls and the pseudo 2D atmosphere. Also, if you buy it at Target, you get a free DVD with the first 3 episodes of the new TV show.

Variation-XBA
10-23-2003, 09:00 PM
I played it for about 20 minutes.... that was my fix.

The most annoying thing (I wont even talk about the non 4 player), is the sounds... the "hoo, haa, sliced" etc everytime you attack, it gets annoying.

I liked the look and everything though....maybe ti has more depth that I didnt see though, cause the Vs mode was horrible... =/

SolidSnakeX
10-23-2003, 09:27 PM
When the sounds repeat it just makes me laugh, mostly because its just funny to hear Raph say his "Now I'm angry" line every time you strong attack. It's kind of like laughing at something thats so cheesy its funny, like Spiderman's corny one-liners. Also, the Story mode actually splices in animation from the cartoon, so it makes for a good experience. On the non-four player: I kind of agree with you, but I don't know if the game would work because of how linear and small the levels are, and theres not much room to have more than 5 or so enemies at a time, let alone 4 players. If you don't compare it to the original Arcade, its a really, really fun experience. I also like the fact that theres new skills to learn, such as jump attack. It makes the game more rewarding.

Wolfboy_888
10-23-2003, 09:41 PM
ill probably rent it but not buy it until it goes cheap..no matter what though i will never leave a turtles game unpurchased no matter how horrible...

Hero
10-23-2003, 10:46 PM
well even though i was expecting to hear better reviews. i guess this wouldnt be a bad game to let my little cousins play. :eek:

dd deezenuts
10-23-2003, 11:25 PM
i used to watch that show all the time, when i was little. did you see the second movie with vanilla ice, man that was incredibly g4y

JJaX
10-23-2003, 11:47 PM
Its like a newer version of the arcade beat em up. A classic if you ask me.

I played the PC version, and it was pretty cool.

DocHoliday78
10-24-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Its like a newer version of the arcade beat em up. A classic if you ask me.

I played the PC version, and it was pretty cool.

I had no ideo there was a pc version coming out. Is it scheduled as the same time the console version is.

JJaX
10-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

I had no ideo there was a pc version coming out. Is it scheduled as the same time the console version is.

Fo sho, get the demo here (http://www.ninjaturtles.tk)

Sheeyt
10-24-2003, 08:44 AM
I downloaded the PC demo...All I have to say is.

Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!Slice N Dice!

:cuss: Shut up already!!!!!!!