PDA

View Full Version : live rumor

jelgiad
10-23-2003, 09:02 PM
ok, im sure this is probably just a rumor, but i was wanting to see if any of you had heard about it. I was talking to this guy on live and he said that in the not so distant future, all the new games that will be coming out for live will have a monthly fell, like PSO does. I am going to be really ****ed if this is true and really happens. that would probably throw me of the deep end and force me to send my xbox to an early grave. Has anyone heard anything about this before. :huh:

Xbox Owner
10-23-2003, 09:08 PM
no, they won't. MS isn't stupid.

jelgiad
10-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
no, they won't. MS isn't stupid.

thats what i say as well. IMO, Most people would boycott xbox if they did that. I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of anything like this.

l Maximus l
10-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Once in a blue moon, there will likely be a game that comes by that has a monthly fee to play it...likely only a MMORPG like Phantasy Star On-line.

Personally, I could care less if a game made Halo look like Pacman...I'll never pay to play a game no matter how much I am allegedly missing. Above and beyond the purchase of the game? No way...PSO is a POS to me because of that reason :D

MerimacHamwich
10-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
PSO is a POS to me because of that reason :D
Wow, I can't even fathom what it would be to you once you played it then!

Obviously this was a joke made by me becuase I absolutely HATE that game. Direct ports from the dreamcast to the Xbox with attached monthly fees are not what I consider to be good games.

dd deezenuts
10-23-2003, 11:30 PM
god i hope they dont that would suck but i dont think they will

JJaX
10-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by jelgiad
ok, im sure this is probably just a rumor, but i was wanting to see if any of you had heard about it. I was talking to this guy on live and he said that in the not so distant future, all the new games that will be coming out for live will have a monthly fell, like PSO does. I am going to be really ****ed if this is true and really happens. that would probably throw me of the deep end and force me to send my xbox to an early grave. Has anyone heard anything about this before. :huh:

Dont listen to these rumor starting trolls. Next time you see him on live, tell him he is a jackass and to STFU. TROLL

Kortiz
10-23-2003, 11:57 PM
You know what they say about what you see on tv? well.....it applies with those fools you talk to on XBL too.

DocHoliday78
10-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Only the massively multiplayer games will have the fee.

ScottTheKilla
10-24-2003, 03:14 AM
Isnt this what the arguement with EA is about and why they wont make games live enabled?Theres your answer then....

I did hear something about True Fantasy Live maybe having a fee and thats probably the rumor that someone heard and as they passed it on the rumor turned into something else. Like that game people play where you add lies onto a story and see what it sounds like in the end.

Rochey69r
10-24-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by jelgiad

they wont, because MS prides itself on being able to say:
once off fee, buy a starter kit then through in any live enabled game and you are set. no added costs. no painful typing in credit card numbers for every game you wish to play.

Sheeyt
10-24-2003, 08:36 AM
MS would absolutely be insane and XBL would die a quick painful death. The only game I would even consider paying to play is TFLO.

Warchant
10-24-2003, 08:54 AM
that guy deserves a swift kick in the nuts if you ask me

Organ Donor
10-24-2003, 12:42 PM
You said it yourself...its a "rumor". Microsoft would loose a lot of Live members if they started to charge that way.