PDA

View Full Version : I have a similar problem to Lightwave...

E Nomini Patri
12-24-2001, 03:28 PM
I asked my parents for an X-Box for Christmas like most of you out there (hopefully :)), but he says he can't find one and tells me he's getting me a PS2 :(. He said a couple of guys at the local Wal-Mart sold him on it because they say it has better graphics, more games, and the like. Well, I know that that is complete crap (about the graphics and better overall than the X-Box). I told him that if he got a PS2, he would be wasting his money because you (not necessarily) have to get a hard drive 150+$, multi-tap 40+$, and an ethernet adapter thingamabobber 30+$. I also told him that I'd rather wait until we find an X-Box (even if it means waiting till after Christmas) because it's more worthwhile than getting a 1+ year old console.
I can't tell whether or not he's just joking (or lying, for that matter) and he really got me an X-Box. When he told me about getting a PS2, my mom told him not to tell me what I got for Christmas. I'm pretty sure he really got an X-Box, but I can't be to sure until tonight. It is 1:26 PM and We will probably open our presents around 8PM. Is there anyone out there who can decifer whether or not they're joking about the PS2?
I have just one more question. Could someone please post *ALL* of the reasons that an X-Box is better than Playstation 2? That would be GREATLY appreciated because I need to show him what he's getting into. I want to tell him this: "Why would Microsoft invest hundreds of millions of dollars into the development of a console if there was 1+ year old console that is already better?
Have a good Christmas and enjoy your X-Boxes!
PS- Here is a Santa tracking site that shows were he is (just for fun): noradsanta.org

Frostberg
12-24-2001, 03:41 PM
if its a PoS2, then dont open it so you can take it back. PS2s arent that bad, but the XBox will be a lot better when a bunch of games come out. Virtually every good game for the PS2 will come out for thye Xbox anyway, and they will have much better graphics and added features like extra levels.

Lightwave Freak
12-24-2001, 05:11 PM
Sorry to hear that StarWarsFanMan, it looks like we're in the same boat(di i mention that i like starwars too?) But the PS2 really isnt all that bad... But hopefully you'll get what u wanted... And soon, i have to wait until morning (tradition)

good luck!:)

1337h4x
12-24-2001, 05:26 PM
My parents said they didnt get me an Xbox, and I went to work at our new house we building and my dad was like you can put your new 27 inch TV and your xbox and your 64 there. I was like XboX? Where you get one? Hes like I didnt, Santa did. I was like Bull****, where SANTA get it then? He was like I saw him at babagges maybe he got it there, I was like OK Dad OK.... SO THERE I HAVE A XBOX! Hope you 2 get your Xboxs as well. If you dont you can always return what u get

Snoopy7548
12-24-2001, 06:34 PM
i already got my xbox the day it came out

Frostberg
12-24-2001, 09:20 PM
same here, 12:11am, 11.15.01

Lightwave Freak
12-25-2001, 09:32 AM
so what happened?:confused:

E Nomini Patri
12-25-2001, 11:02 PM
Ok, here's what happened, we got back from looking at Christmas lights at around 8:08PM. I got to go inside first to see if "Santa" had come (before we left, my dad said he had to go get the newspaper to check some addresses of light contest winning homes, when my mom got in the car, she said "Ooh! It's cold! Better get my coat!...they came back about 4-5 mins. later) and sure enough, there were some presents under the tree. My dad played "Santa" and I got a couple of gifts and then, I got a semi-large package, I ripped off the wrapping paper to reveal...
...A DREAMCAST, AAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

J/K- Ok, here's what really happened, we got back from looking at Christmas lights at around 8:08PM. I got to go inside first to see if "Santa" had come and my dad played "Santa". I got a few presents and the like (including a banana in my stocking :)). Then, I got a package that was semi-large, maybe 6" x 6" x 15" and weighing around 8 lbs. Hmmmm, I wonder what this is??? Lol. An X-Box, duh! Plus an X-tra controller and my brother got the DVD kit (Don't ask me why...). I also got Oddworld (and my mom mistakenly asked me if it was Halo. Doh!) first and Halo 2nd. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x is delayed and will probably arrive tomorrow the 26th.

PS- Our family present was a 25" TV w/ stereo sound for downstairs to play my X-Box with!

PPS- For all you Gamecube fanboys: If you think the games on Gamecube are "That Good", then wait till you play Halo! I was up from 8:50 PM last night to 1:30AM playing Halo. I woke up at 9AM and have been playing Halo all day (including some Oddworld and a few demos like the ones on the Official X-Box magazine's 2nd demo CD.

PPPS- It has been family tradition to go looking at lights on Christmas Eve and open all our presents when we get back.

PPPPS- Thanks for reading all this! Have a good Christmas and enjoy your consoles (X-Boxes :))!!!!

Frostberg
12-25-2001, 11:12 PM
Thats pretty cool. Glad ya like it and Merry Christmas!

DOOM
12-26-2001, 07:52 AM
Whew, Thank God He Didn't Get Ya that O'le PS2 Crap!
That's Not A Good Joke...
Glad You Got your XBOX Though, Well Worth The Money!!!
Happy X -Mass!!!

monkeyman
12-26-2001, 10:20 AM
good for you i got oddworld for x-mas i got my x-box like 2 weeks after it came out

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 12:54 PM
Dude, I almost went into convulsions after hearing that you got a Dreamcast instead of the XBox :eek:

But, it was soothing to finally hear that you ended up getting the XBox :D Congrats and Merry Christmas!