PDA

View Full Version : I got Espn nba basketball do any of u have it?

Ugunnalose
10-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I have it and think its pretty sweet what about u guys?

Ito
10-24-2003, 08:09 PM
I dont have it yet, planning to get it soon though.

How's the franchise mode?

Ugunnalose
10-24-2003, 08:32 PM
its awesome

# 1 Stunner
10-24-2003, 08:46 PM
hows 24-7 mode?

peejay
10-25-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm pickin it up at toys r us next week along with a couple other games.

-=]SiKWiTIt[=-
10-25-2003, 02:50 AM
chea i got that ish is nice. the 24-7 is coo too. the way u get your created guy better is by doing the training. is a coo game

Bakeman
10-25-2003, 03:02 AM
Just picked it up today myself (would have had it wednesay if the stores had it like they did the PS2 version)

I'm not sure if I'm liking this IsoMotion stuff .. I get like 10 or more charges a game..

Anyone else having charging problems?

The thing I like most about the 24/7 mode is you get to see the sweet graphics.. playing a normal 5 on 5 game the camera has to be to far way..

Cloudkind
10-25-2003, 11:16 AM
I agree about the regular games.

I get no satisfaction getting a basket because I can barely see if it went in.

I have a BIG problem with the camera angles being so far away.

Giving a distant feeling to the action and a LOT of aliasing except when the camera is close on replays or reactions shots etc.

This game got me unexcited very quickly.

I'll have to try the 24/7 mode you mention.

selowitch
10-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Don't have my copy yet -- other expenses are getting in the way this month. But I loved 2K3 and am hopeful that 2K4 builds on that success.

Ito
10-25-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Cloudkind
I agree about the regular games.

I get no satisfaction getting a basket because I can barely see if it went in.

I have a BIG problem with the camera angles being so far away.

Giving a distant feeling to the action and a LOT of aliasing except when the camera is close on replays or reactions shots etc.

This game got me unexcited very quickly.

I'll have to try the 24/7 mode you mention.

Cant you change the Camera angles like the previous versions?

Dark Enemy
10-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Am I the only person who likes the camera to the side in basketball games?

selowitch
10-25-2003, 02:51 PM
No. I like it, too. Easier to see where your teammates are positioned.

# 1 Stunner
10-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Dark Enemy
Am I the only person who likes the camera to the side in basketball games? i think the graphics look better but i just like to be able to see the whole court...

mikemach
10-26-2003, 01:01 AM
I love the games feel and the look of the guys but man they screwed up royally with the camera views this yr. I mean they took it back all the way to nba live 92 with the far away look. I feel like I'm watching the game from the cheap seats. Man I'm so let down with the 2 new b-ball games this year. Are any of you guys having terrible lag issues with Live2k4?
Mike

Bakeman
10-26-2003, 01:25 AM
At first I was really dissappointed with ESPN NBA, but it was just that it felt different and wasn't use to the feel of the game.

I think this game is really good. Much better then Live 2004. And a nice improvement over NBA 2k3.

I haven't yet played online so I don't know baout lag. I know ESPN NFL doesn't lag, so I'd hope they wouldn't screw up with NBA on this issue.

I think if ESPN NBA doesn't feel right, right away, just give it a chance and practice a little bit, I think you'll like it more and more the more you play.

mikemach
10-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I was talking more about a laggy issue offline with the NBAlive 2k4. It's like the animations are to much for the system. To me it's like they didn't beta testit enough because it's so bad at times.
Our local Babbage's has had like 15 games brought back for this reason.
Mike

CharlieHustle
10-26-2003, 08:16 PM
I got it friday, and it a very fun game. They finally beefed up the defensive AI, and the speed of the game. Its not arcady, at all, and the animations are serious. I havent tried the 24/7 mode yet, cuz im tryin to get this isomotion down. But let me tell you about that: its the sh it! Remember last year, when you can just cross up someone and drive in a particular direction? Now you can chain moves off that. Like you can cross over and drive left, if the defender jumps in that lane you can cancel it and drive the other direction, or back step and pull up. You can officially break anckles in this game, and its flows with the game. You cant just dribble and showboat the posession, or you get call the charge, or get ripped. The dunks are nasty,you can pump fake from the post moves, dunks CAN be missed and layups also. And you still can send weak layups in the second row. The cpu plays smart now, where, like paul pierce will isolate you and SCHOOL YOU!!!! online, so far i played only one game that was laggy as hell, which i had to quit, but the response was perfect, no delay in the action.