PDA

View Full Version : xbox help

special43543
10-25-2003, 02:12 AM
I have an xbox that keeps giving me the dirty disk error. I play a game on live and after I'm done with that game I get that error. Everytime this happens. So if I have a ton of patiece then it's fine, but if I want to stay with those same people I can't cause the dirty disk makes me take out the disk and then reinsert it so I can't stay with the same people and it just takes all the fun out of it. I think I have a bad cd-rom. What do you think? If you agree with me then where would I get another cd-rom that's xbox compatible and everything. I know it's not the disk cause my bro also has an xbox and the same game I have and he never has trouble with it and I borrow his disk and the same thing happened. Thanks for your help!

peejay
10-25-2003, 03:29 AM
I think all you need is to clean your dvd lens with one of those kit things. Also, have you tried checking if your disk really is dirty?

peejay
10-25-2003, 03:30 AM
Simple, just clean your lens with one of those lens cleaning kits.

:cheers:

peejay
10-25-2003, 03:31 AM
Simple, just clean your lens with one of those lens cleaning kits.

:cheers:

special43543
10-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Is the lense the disk tray? And if it is could I use something like windex? Thanks agian for your help

BunnyRabbit
10-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Whoa PJ....A triple post...What the hale for?!

Anyways my xbox has a similar problem and no the lens is not the disc tray...I hear you need to get a set from the strore that has a cleaner in the shape of a CD and u put it in there as a game and when it spins...it wipes the lens off....

ScottTheKilla
10-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Ok either your lens needs cleaning or you need a brand new laser. DO NOT USE WINDEX! lol They have a special solution for this type of thing. If i was you I would call microsoft and ask the experts on what they suggest to do before you do anything else like opening your xbox and voiding your warranty.

You cant just replace your cdrom. That cdrom is the only cdrom in the world that will read xbox games.