PDA

View Full Version : My FIFA 2004 review

adzmullz1
10-25-2003, 05:38 AM
The first words that come to mind when i think of this game are the following : MAJOR IMPROVEMENT. Were as last years FIFA was good/decent/not bad (put another "average" in here) , 2004's version is high standard, the best FIFA game ever made. In the U.K, there are 3 excellent choices of football games out at the moment. The first being PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 3 (Only on PS2 though) , CLUB FOOTBALL (from the excellent Codemasters) and now FIFA 2004. I have had the privelage of playing all three and FIFA is by far the best of the bunch, no questions. The first thing that hits you is the improved graphics engine, one paticular player stood out for me: LEE BOWYER of Newcastle United, a PERFECT graphical representation!.
Also, the gameplay has been improved AND the new career mode is fun as **** !.
I want to write a bigger, more detailed review but FIFA is upstairs in my room, calling for me:wink: , so i would'nt like to disappoint. Final word : FIFA 2003 = 7/10 FIFA 2004 = 9.5/10

MerimacHamwich
10-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Sweet deal. I got a Demo of it a little while back, and it seemed pretty good, but kind of weird. Seemed like there was ALOT of computer control. It was probably just the demo though. I'll be getting 2004 for sure. Loved 2003 and the creation center mod put out by EA was great. I wonder if they will make a mod for whatever is "missing" in 2004.

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:40 AM
I don't like soccer that much as a sport, therefore, I personally do not appeal to soccer games such as FIFA. However, improvements will be made to each one every year. But I trust you that there is a major improvement.

Although I don't have Xbox LIVE, most people would find it great to have LIVE support in FIFA games.

adzmullz1
10-26-2003, 04:53 AM
oh hell yeah !, when FIFA goes live (and when live becomes availible in my area :cuss: ) i'll be straight on there, challenging the other football lovers of the world. Making FIFA live compatible was a SUPERB idea.........:cheers:

neosoft6666
10-26-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1
oh hell yeah !, when FIFA goes live (and when live becomes availible in my area :cuss: ) i'll be straight on there, challenging the other football lovers of the world. Making FIFA live compatible was a SUPERB idea.........:cheers:

And then i am going to kick ya ass ;)

adzmullz1
10-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by neosoft6666

And then i am going to kick ya ass ;)

Doubt it. My highest score on FIFA 2003 was 14 - 1 (Newcastle Vs Bolton) on Proffesional mode. So far, my highest score on 2004 is 6 - 0 (chelsea Vs Charlton) on Semi-Pro.
I have mastered the art of FIFA and can't wait to start kicking ass all around the world.......:wink:

MerimacHamwich
10-26-2003, 12:51 PM
What what what? EA made a live game? I am very doubtful, but if you can provide the proof, I will be one happy camper.