PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Wheel set-up driving me crazy

MrGuruJimbo
10-25-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm a second hand XBox gamer at the moment. Playing mostly on my friends consoles, as I am a proud PS2 owner. (Am I allowed to say that here?)
I am currently contemplating buying my own, but this decision hangs in the balance. I will only be making my purchase if I can get a perfect steering wheel and pedals set up.
I am looking for a wheel with a gear stick on the left, this is important because I like to use manual gears on driving games, but can't be bothered to adapt to right hand shifting (I have only found wheels with the stick on the right). I can't get away with the paddles behind the wheel either because I am a single handed steerer. I am used to leaving my hand on the gear stick for the entire length of my driving exploits, for quick and instant gear changes, and ultimate steering control with my stronger hand.

So, in brief, if you know where I can find a wheel with a left handed (or removable) gearstick and maybe handbrake (not so important), I would be keen to know about it. Because if I can get one, I will be buying an Xbox. Thank you.

Duke
10-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Looked around a little bit, and couldn't find anything for ya. 1st or 3rd party. I wouldn't be surprised if there is one, or at least in the works, but I didn't see it.

Eh, if it keeps you from buying an xbox, oh well. PS2 has plenty of great games, but you'll still be missing out IMO. But if that's the selling point for you, I can't help. Maybe an email to IGN or a more official site might help as your post here doesn't seem to be generating much of a response.