PDA

View Full Version : BREVITY's Impressions of some yet to be released games.

Brevity
10-25-2003, 11:38 AM
Ok I get OPM really early and they have the best demo disc in the world every month, so I can put up the same type of preview IGN does when they write the general ones. Again these are all of the playstation 2 versions but I will only speak in general. I will only offer some small impressions and then answer Q’s if there should be ne.

XIII
Publisher=Ubisoft
Developer=Ubisoft Montreal
Genre=First-Person Shooter
Origin: Europe
Number of Players: 8
Release Date=November 6, 2003
ESRB Rating: M

First wow the comic book effect works out great, I never tired of killing people to see the captioned three screen death blow, or seeing and hearing their final Aaaarrg or NOooo.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/xiii_100103_022.jpg
See Nooo like this.

The demo that I played offered only a small mission but the action was intense with a gripping story right from the start. Someone (no need to reveal the plot) gets killed that you did not expect and from there things get rough. I really like the fact that nearly everything in the game can become a weapon; I took as a weapon a chair, bottle, glass from a window I broke, a knife I found and lots more. Man as far as those three frames go, they are used for much more than deathblow close-ups. They were used effectively to bring out more of the story while not breaking to a cut scene, and to show things going on just beyond your view. For example while being chassed near a river I could not see into the river (or was not looking) and then one of those three frames showed someone below me calling in more troops and reading his gun. I turned and shot at him then. I think it really helps. This game is maybe one of the most inventive I have ever scene and will be sure to please ne holiday recipient.

Secret Weapons Over Normandy
Publisher=LucasArts
Developer=Totally Games
Genre=Flight
Origin: U.S.
Release Date=November 18, 2003

Boy this game reminded me of a Medal of Honor game and I cant even think why; maybe it was because of the whole time period or it may have been the after action screens. Well I will say I think its easier to fly the Crimson Skies planes but on the whole this is not bad. The game like all MoH type games seems linear and mission based. In the demo I played I was in charge of protecting some friendly ships from the enemy.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/wepovernormXBox_101003_9.jpg
See very nice graphics.

It was nothing to exciting but it was fun nonetheless. I really liked the graphics and the menu systems, again they were somewhat like those found in many of the MoH games. IMO this one is a real renter till you figure out if you really want this kind of action and with no XBL being mentioned for it, um you might just stick with CS.

I-Ninja
Publisher=Namco
Developer=Argonaut Games plc
Genre=Third-Person Action Adventure

I really thought this was a fun game mostly because I like platform games but I did not see ne thing that really will make this game standout. Don’t get me wrong it’s a fun platform (I felt that it was more platform than nething) game, but it just lacked well innovation. There are a lot of new games coming out that will be competing for your $’s especially within these next two months. IMO I-Ninja is a “wait for it to become a platinum hit” or at least get it used.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/ininja_xbx_100803_007.jpg

Need for Speed Underground: Underground
Publisher=Electronic Arts
Developer=EA Black Box
Genre=Racing
Release Date=October 2003
ESRB Rating: RP

I also played this some but since I am not into this type of game and did not play it much I will not comment on it. I will say that if there is something I can answer for you I can through it back in and give it another go.

*Hope I have helped.

Brevity
10-25-2003, 11:49 AM
True Crime: Streets of L.A.
Publisher=Activision
Developer=Luxoflux Corp.
Genre=Third-Person Action Adventure
Release Date=November 4, 2003
ESRB Rating: M

Well I got two say I in this demo I only got two play two parts of the game a driving part and a action/fight part. I thought it did feel like GTA though you got those better graphics. The action part I dont know why, but felt like Dead to Rights. I mean maybe it was the targeting, graphics, moves, or looks of the guy you play but ya I thought of that when I played it. I would also like to not that though the graphics are somewhat better than GTA:VC they are still not great. I hate it when hands have not fingers and people look blocky. As far as the driving part went I really felt like it was like VC. I did not try shooting out of my front window though. Well with this comming out around the same time as the GTA dbl pack I say go get that if you have not played it B4, and you will get more bang for your buck. Also the GTA's are classic and you should just own them. However, if you have beat the GTA's and are jones-n for another fix this is a must.

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/truecrime_202403_dogg1.jpg
Snoop dog?

Shadow20002
10-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Cool previews Brevity !!! :p

Dark Enemy
10-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Yea its been confirmed hes in the games. Snoop Dogg thats is

Brevity
10-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Cool previews Brevity !!! :p
Thanks.:cool:

The Jackal
10-25-2003, 08:19 PM
:rofl: snoop dogg :rofl: thats awesome

EHWfedPres
10-25-2003, 08:31 PM
Good thing snoop dogg is in there, I'd like to give that loser a shotgun blast in the face...I might actually get this game now that I know there's someone worth killing in there. I am still a bit worried about the gameplay...hopwfully it doesnt suck like dead to rights, max payne, etc...because max payne with cars isnt enough for me.

# 1 Stunner
10-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Good thing snoop dogg is in there, I'd like to give that loser a shotgun blast in the face...I might actually get this game now that I know there's someone worth killing in there. I am still a bit worried about the gameplay...hopwfully it doesnt suck like dead to rights, max payne, etc...because max payne with cars isnt enough for me. im sure mr. do double gizzle would be glad to run yo ass over in his drop top caddie..then hit 3 wheel motion after that while bumpin gin and juice...
*GAME OVER*

EHWfedPres
10-25-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by # 1 Stunner
im sure mr. do double gizzle would be glad to run yo ass over in his drop top caddie..then hit 3 wheel motion after that while bumpin gin and juice...
*GAME OVER*

I hope you save a copy of your post so you can look over it in 5-10 years and see how dumb you sound...same with those people who used to say "Rad!" back in the early 90's... wow to trends suck...

Brevity
10-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Good thing snoop dogg is in there, I'd like to give that loser a shotgun blast in the face...I might actually get this game now that I know there's someone worth killing in there. I am still a bit worried about the gameplay...hopwfully it doesnt suck like dead to rights, max payne, etc...because max payne with cars isnt enough for me.
LOL, now thats funny. Never heard of someone that wanted a game for who they could kill in it.:p

Duke
10-27-2003, 08:47 AM

I hope you save a copy of your post so you can look over it in 5-10 years and see how dumb you sound...same with those people who used to say "Rad!" back in the early 90's... wow to trends suck...

I'm sure he'll be really embarrassed looking back on some joke he made in an internet forum. Probably lead to suicide. I thought it was totally rad. :p