PDA

View Full Version : Need 4 Speed Underground is Awesome!

Boomer
10-25-2003, 08:11 PM
I went to EB games today here In Niagra falls and they had a demo of it you could drive the orange supra either on a 1 lap circuit track or a 1/4 dracj track against 3 other cars in each. and I have to say "damn!" because it looked awesome and played awesome considering it was on PS2 they had some snowboarding game playing on the xbox :-/ but Need for speed underground was tight and a must have when it comes out.

CarGuy
10-25-2003, 09:24 PM
My prediction: Crap

Sorry, i'm not usually negative... :p

Variation-XBA
10-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
they had some snowboarding game playing on the xbox :-/
That would be SSX3

And I'll probly try NFS:U for PC first, just cause I want it to look good, but online too... (stupid EA)

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:41 AM
Need 4 Speed games are not the best racing games of all. Although I do like racing games and I play them a lot...I'm not getting this one. EA + Racing Games = Cheap Stuff. This isn't going to be the next PGR game or Rallisport Challenge.

Plus its just a demo, therefore, think carefully if you want to buy it, since you usually have to think carefully when buying an EA game.

Conchord
10-26-2003, 01:44 AM
EA is really pouring salt on an open wound. xbox LIVE! beats ps2 online performance wise, but popularity really has stuck with sony, and having one of the biggest game developers bias themselves with a one console online only is really a hard blow. We can make it, but ******* IT EA! **** YOU!

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:47 AM
Yup, EA can really make gamers angry. Although I do own 007 Nightfire and the LotR: The Two Towers, EA does make me feel the same way...most of the time.

I only bought Nightfire and TTT, because of their origin (I'm a Bond fan and a LotR fan).

neosoft6666
10-26-2003, 06:32 AM
I like NFS a lot,
Do you guys know the release date of it??

AaronGamer
10-26-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by neosoft6666
I like NFS a lot,
Do you guys know the release date of it??

11/17/2003 :D here is the source: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/nfsunderground/index.html ;)

Shadow20002
10-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Should give it a run when this one release. :p

<==Still on the way to get PGR 2.

Trento52
10-26-2003, 11:09 AM
well i was really dissapointed at need for speed hot pursuit 2 so i am staying away and might consider renting...maybe.

Conchord
10-26-2003, 11:24 AM
the best need for speed game was High Stakes for the PC. Awesome graphics, lots of cars, and low system reqs. My personal favorite racing game.

E Nomini Patri
10-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by xbocks
the best need for speed game was High Stakes for the PC. Awesome graphics, lots of cars, and low system reqs. My personal favorite racing game.

Ooh, I loved that game! It took me forever to figure out how to add downloaded cars and the cheats, but when I did, I spent all my spare time downloading and racing cars. The tracks later on in that game were the best. Well, too bad it doesn't have a fan base anymore :(

Boomer
10-26-2003, 12:04 PM
I'm not saying Underground is the next PGR2 I already know underground is definitly not going to come close to PGR2, and thats why I already have my copy of PGR2 pre-ordered. All I'm saying is I played underground and actually did like it. I've played all the other need for speed games and didn't like em all too much. But this one is probably the only one i'm acutally going to buy. and Yes I too %$#@!#& hate EA for only supporting POS2 online. and they'll only have upto 4 players racing at a time in mulitplayer whoop-dee freaking doo.
EA's a $%#@&

George89
10-26-2003, 12:52 PM
I rented the other need for speed and i liked it. This one looks 100X better because of the cool cars and races.

canadianboi3
10-26-2003, 11:01 PM
What I love about NFS for PC, is the ability to download cars. I bought NFS:HS a while ago for like 5 bucks, and I downloaded a crap load of cars, and let me tell you, it is endless fun when thousands of cars, planes, and motorcycles are available for download. But no XBL support will be keeping me far away from this one. PGR2 for me please.

X-Fan
10-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
I went to EB games today here In Niagra falls and they had a demo of it you could drive the orange supra either on a 1 lap circuit track or a 1/4 dracj track against 3 other cars in each. and I have to say &quot;damn!&quot; because it looked awesome and played awesome considering it was on PS2 they had some snowboarding game playing on the xbox :-/ but Need for speed underground was tight and a must have when it comes out.
meh pgr 2 is gonna blow this crap off.

Conchord
10-27-2003, 07:32 PM
what is it with people??? Cool cars? The only reason people like this game is because the cars have wings and graphics. Ah, the mainstream gamers. gotta love em.

Ford Mustang
10-27-2003, 08:20 PM
The graphics from this game are awesome. The cars seem way too ricy for me, though. And besides, it's made by EA and EA sucks. Not really my kind of racer. :)

RagunCajun
10-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Haha all this negative crap. I enjoy the NFS series and i will try out underground.

RagunCajun
11-17-2003, 03:49 PM
2 more days left.......oh i cant wait. BTW u can d/l the pc demo for free on the NFS site.

NCWGamer
11-17-2003, 06:29 PM
ill rent it first before i buy
hopefully it will be good

TRINITY-6
11-17-2003, 06:44 PM
i played the pc demo for NFU and i thought it rocked. hot pursuit 2 was a awsome game.so im sure ill like this one as well.

deophite
11-17-2003, 06:57 PM
I played the demo on PC and didn't enjoy it.

RagunCajun
11-18-2003, 10:45 AM
One more day...i cant wait:)

Heavens Gate
11-18-2003, 11:31 AM
No online play no purchase. I'll get an online racer before this. They had some rep on G4 and that Scott dude asked him:

The Xbox version is not online. How do you think that sits with Xbox owners?

Ea's reply: Buy an online version.

Ya, **** you EA!!!

mattgame
11-18-2003, 11:36 AM
I heard that all the races look the same i.e. wet and at night. No thanks, PGR2 is more than enough racer for me.:)

DocHoliday78
11-18-2003, 02:27 PM
I have always liked the nfs series. The last game i played was hot pursuit and i loved that game to death on my ps1. I'll proabably pick this one up for pc.

neosoft6666
11-18-2003, 02:56 PM
Best Racegame ever :D
You can do everything with your car :D
Great hehehe

RagunCajun
11-19-2003, 01:38 PM
I just came home from buying NFSU. All i gotta say is OMG. This game is so damn awsome. I'd lost to say some stuff about it but im going play.

TRINITY-6
11-19-2003, 01:47 PM
2 Q's for you.
1.how is the frame rate.
2.and how doe's the control's handle.

Chaotic
11-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
I just came home from buying NFSU. All i gotta say is OMG. This game is so damn awsome. I'd lost to say some stuff about it but im going play.

I heard this game has tons of customizing. How in depth is it?

Conchord
11-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Its out? Holy ****! Later, be back in 20!

RagunCajun
11-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by TRINITY-6
2 Q's for you.
1.how is the frame rate.
2.and how doe's the control's handle.
I'll let ya know about the frame late after i play some more...i kinda fell alseep after i made my previous post. So i didnt get to play more. The controls are VERY solid. the throttle and both brakes are presure sensitive. It's repsonsive also. On dift mode, the car handles great and control isnt a problem once u get the hang of it.

Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
I heard this game has tons of customizing. How in depth is it?
There is alot of customizing. You can get NOS, rims, tires, lowering kits, body kits, exaust, drivetrain upgrades, window tint, vinal decals, consumer decals(OZ racing, Punch, ismo etc), and much more. You can change the color of most thing to w/e the heck u want. When you unprage you can see how it would effect the vechiels performance before you buy.

As for the depth of the game, i cant say yet. I will update you on the "Go Underground" mode....story mode in other words. There are only about 6-7 cars out of the 20 available, 1 track in each catagory at the start. But hey, thats how it should be. You should have to EARN tracks and cars. for this, i am greatful. like i said, updates on this game are to come......keep in mind, i have the PS2 version so i can play online. But it shouldnt matter. Even though it's PS2, the graphics are freakin awsome. The vehicle you are driving is so detailed. Every light reflects off it. It looks as if the vechiles u drive were wash, waxed and detailed.

If yall have any questions, just ask away. I'll answer them if i can.

*edit*

I've just finished playing about an hour of the game in Go Underground(ima use "UG" for short) mode. All i can say is wow. The story line isnt really in depth. You just go with what there is available, not really a choice, but u can chose which races to enter. Sooner or later, you have to do all of them. The first time i went into UG mode i was about to enter my first race. Well i looked at the top of the screen after i completed it. It said 1/111. That's right. Over 100 races in UG mode. That's a lot of time to make ya car "bling." After playing for that hour i unlocked come option parts. I put body kits, rims, neons, paint, tint, engine mods, exaust mods, and some other stuff. You cant access everything because its locked and u need to progress more....but thats how it should be :). I didnt even see close to 1/5 of the goodies yet hehe. Oh i almost forgot to mention. When you win races, you get $ according to how hard the difficulty u select before. After moding my civic i went test it out on the tracks in free ride. Thats right, you can ride around on the tracks and pic how much traffic you want, u can turn it off too. I nailed the gas and right away i could tell that those goodies made a difference in my car. The shift kit even made my car shift better. My exaust made my car sound different just like in real life.

The sound track is pretty damn god too. Has some rap and rock. It goes well with the game. Also the frame rate is nice and doesnt mess up. The controlers could be slightly better but it isnt a problem at all. The cars respond very very well to the controler imput.