PDA

View Full Version : True Crime: Streets of L.A.

Conchord
10-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Its on its way-I hope it doesnt suck. My prediction can best be explained in an analogy.

Dead to Rights: Max Payne

True Crime: GTA III

sucky, lame, ripoff of: original

Variation-XBA
10-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Um.. ok...

I'm alos hoping it doesn't dissapoint.. the branching story does sound promicing

Conchord
10-25-2003, 09:46 PM
so did 'improved graphics over PC version' for Ghost Recon.

Bakeman
10-26-2003, 12:19 AM
LOL
did they really say that about Ghost Recon!?!?!?!

What a crock for crap!!!

Low Resolutions on regular TV's will always prevent a xbox game from looking as good as a PC game.

Conchord
10-26-2003, 01:01 AM
ALWAYS. thank you.

Shadow20002
10-26-2003, 12:26 PM
TC: SOLA it's a new way to GTa series.

Variation-XBA
10-27-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by xbocks
so did 'improved graphics over PC version' for Ghost Recon.

Yea, and it was a lie cause it still looks like old hairy as.s

Conchord
10-27-2003, 07:33 PM
my point exactly. the PC version looks really good, though. anyone who disagrees is either on too low a resolution, has their VG turned down, or is blind.

StudioAlex
10-30-2003, 08:26 AM
Its on its way-I hope it doesnt suck. My prediction can best be explained in an analogy.

Dead to Rights: Max Payne

True Crime: GTA III

sucky, lame, ripoff of: original

Why would you order a game you figure is going to blow?

Conchord
10-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Why would you order a game you figure is going to blow?

who the hell said i ordered it?

StudioAlex
10-31-2003, 11:38 AM

who the hell said i ordered it?

That what I inferred from "it's on it way"

Conchord
10-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

That what I inferred from it's on it way

Oh. I meant its close to release, bro. Im still gonna play it, im just keeping a bad attitude so that if its somewhat good, ill like more than when i would have if i had a hyped up attitude about it.

George89
10-31-2003, 08:56 PM
I think True Crime could possibly be better than GTA. It has many indoor areas to explore, and the whole city of LA to explore. The branching missions look very cool, and provide a more realistic effect than just the normal restart mission.

StudioAlex
11-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by George89
I think True Crime could possibly be better than GTA. It has many indoor areas to explore, and the whole city of LA to explore. The branching missions look very cool, and provide a more realistic effect than just the normal restart mission.

I'm not so sure about the whole LA thing being a good idea. Basing your map on an actual city is certainly impressive, but may not lend itself as well to gameplay as a map brought together purely by design. Branching Missions is cool, but I hope it doesn't make the game too easy. I need some motivation to comeplete a mission successfully.

Conchord
11-01-2003, 03:22 PM
I just read that you can go buy an actual map of L.A. and use that in the game. Holy chit, manj!

George89
11-01-2003, 09:34 PM
and now the game is coming out the 3rd instead of the 4th!:)

xbox genius
11-03-2003, 08:40 PM
i think true crime will be better than gta. but i'm gonna wait on true crime until demos and reviews, but i'm for sure picking up the gta double pack for xbox!!!!!!!! heck yes, i have been waiting for this

bretman1234
11-04-2003, 04:51 PM
I Just picked it up at EB. Im starting it up now. Ill fill u gentlemen in.

Papke
11-04-2003, 06:09 PM
After some careful thinking, I've decided to pick it up. Or rather, have it picked up for me (brithday is Thursday:D). From what I have been able to read about the game, I'd be let down if I was expecting it to be another GTA but it is a good game nonetheless.

Can't wait to play it and I look forward to your input Bretman.

Conchord
11-04-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
I Just picked it up at EB. Im starting it up now. Ill fill u gentlemen in.

must..........know......................

bretman1234
11-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Alright well I played it and loved it. This game kicks ass. The fighting is awesome, theres combos and stuff like DOA3. The cars are kick ass, and go FAST! THe only part I dont like is that fact that every time you run over or shoot someone, it counts against u :cuss: ! Killing should not be punished in video games! Anyway, it doesn't REALLY hurt u, it just labels u a "Bad Cop" :D Apparently im a horrible cop!

I think either my disc or my xbox needs to be cleaned, cuz it froze TWICE in the hour i played it. Im gonna play it a little while longer and then maybe review it.

c_a_i_l_l_o_u
11-11-2003, 03:03 AM
dead to rights isnt a ripoff of maxpayne well at least not with the bullet time, because they were developing it beforre max payne was released. trust me i read it in a mag somewhere...

runninutes
11-11-2003, 06:43 AM
I read my first review of it a couple of days ago - they gave it a 7 out of 10 (Good). Sounds like those who have played it would disagree...

Conchord
11-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by c_a_i_l_l_o_u
dead to rights isnt a ripoff of maxpayne well at least not with the bullet time, because they were developing it beforre max payne was released. trust me i read it in a mag somewhere...

Max Payne was in development LONG before Dead to Rights.

The only thing I don't like about True Crime is the custom soundtracks in the car...I TURN OFF ALL THE DAM RAP, and yet it still plays every time I hop into a car. I turn it off of cruisin, fast and slow action, and it still plays tha ****! And when it DOES play music from my albums, it plays the same damn song over and over and over! Someone help me...

Bakeman
11-12-2003, 03:26 PM

Max Payne was in development LONG before Dead to Rights.

The only thing I don't like about True Crime is the custom soundtracks in the car...I TURN OFF ALL THE DAM RAP, and yet it still plays every time I hop into a car. I turn it off of cruisin, fast and slow action, and it still plays tha ****! And when it DOES play music from my albums, it plays the same damn song over and over and over! Someone help me...

I don't know what your problems is... Are you sure you are not backing out after turning the songs off, instead of accepting the change. Like when you go back in there, are they still selected or are they deselected?

Edit: well I checked, doesn't seem there is an accept.. just a back when in there. But it should keep your tracks you seleced and/or deselected the way you set it up.

I have only messed with the tracks for driving around. And I turned off all the rap and turned on some of my songs.
Whenever I get into my car a song starts. Once I get out of the car the song stops, then when I get back into the car a different song starts up.

I have never been in my car long enough for a song to finish. I have yet found a reason to be in my car that long. When driving around enough random crimes happen where I need to get out of my car atleast every 2 minutes.

monkeytoot
11-14-2003, 03:14 AM
after getting the list how u want it, make sure you auto save in a parking garage or sumthing.

oh and this game isnt punishing you for killing people at all, it actually has its own diffrent virsion of the whole game just for all us SPARTANs

Heres a tip for all u that rather blast ur way threw the game instead of driving around and stuff... DONT beat any of the missions just fail them and continue on with the story that away, this makes the game more shoot em up style 8-)