PDA

View Full Version : Nba Live 2k4 laggy issues.

mikemach
10-26-2003, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,
I'm new to posting here but I come to the site all the time and wanted to get some imput from you guys on NBALive2k4. I'm having terrible lag with the game during play it's like I have a video card that is to weak to run the damn game. It's even laggy going to the scoreboard screen after a qtr. ends. I took back the first game and exchanged it for another to see if it was a bad press on the cd but no luck. I tried different controllers but nothing has helped. Are you guys having the problems this bad or what? I hope EA addresses this maybe it was a bug that slipped through because on the ps2 they say its butter smooth.
Mike

Thanks for the info in advance.

Bakeman
10-26-2003, 01:35 AM
video lag... it's bad frame rates

It's in all the games because it's the code, not the CD it's self.

I came up with this idea the other day. Everyone use to think EA's NBA Live was soooo awsome because all the other games sucked. So we thought EA was so awsome themselves. But the thing is now Sega makes a better game which shows us how bad EA really is and has always been.

Anyways yeah you are stuck with the bad frame rates. But it's not the video card, it's EA's code not being optimized enough to prevent low framerates.

neosoft6666
10-26-2003, 06:38 AM
i am getting the game tomorrow...hope the game will work fine hehe

Bakeman
10-26-2003, 11:37 PM
lol
stop hopping .. there is gonna be bad frame rates..

BORNGD
10-30-2003, 01:54 PM
I'm shocked that Live is still preferred over Sega's ESPN (at least with some people)

jabrre
10-31-2003, 10:19 PM
Maybe its the alternative music.......who knows. However, NBA Live is more of a arcade basketball experience than ESPN Basketball. NBA Live gets more word of mouth on channels such as G4 and MTV. Musicians such as Busta Rhymes promote NBA Live not only for the music, but also because their likeness is in the game.

Sorry, but if I wanted to play a arcade basketball game, Id go to the arcades. ESPN Basketball is more realistic.

Rooster
11-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Ok I have both ESPN and Live, I have played 5 copies of Live 2004 and every single copy has the framrate issue, it really takes away from the game. Live improved in so many areas this year, but the framrate just kills the game for me.