PDA

View Full Version : "Battlefield 1942 Special Edition Package" on Xbox?

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:09 AM
It was all a sad story that Battlefield 1942 was cancelled for Xbox and EA concentrated the series for PC.

However, I was wondering if...maybe EA will release a "Special Edition Package" of Battlefield 1942 sometime in the future, such as when Battlefield Vietnam comes out for PC. For example, the package could include the original game, plus the two expansions: Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WWII. In other words, they would redevelop all of them for the Xbox into one edition.

Or has EA said that Battlefield 1942 will only be PC exclusive...forever?

MerimacHamwich
10-26-2003, 01:14 AM
They aren't even willing to add online elements to thier sports games, not even downloadable rosters. Good luck getting a massive online war game.

JediMasterChief
10-26-2003, 01:19 AM
True...very true.

DocHoliday78
10-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Come on now. We are talking about ghey EA. Those greedy *****es would never release that game with multiplayer capability to us.:cuss: :cuss:

neosoft6666
10-26-2003, 06:28 AM
I hope the game would be nice,
i have the pc version and that is also a good one :)

dd deeznuts
10-26-2003, 07:21 PM
those dumbasses better or i'am going down there and ram a 12 foot pole up there v@ginas sideways

Hugopolo
10-26-2003, 07:29 PM
But even if EA was cool and made a BF1942 with live it still would only be 16 people

Shadow20002
10-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Maybe we gonna get this but... with single player only.

JediMasterChief
10-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Even with single player, I would be grateful...I don't have Xbox LIVE anyway so multiplayer does not really matter to me. But even BF1942's single player campaigns were excellent.

ScottTheKilla
10-27-2003, 09:48 AM
I think if EA finally comes around and supports Live that they would wait to release this game until more players are supported in a game. At least 32....Im sure it will be possible without tons of lag sometime soon...

I mean who thought online video gaming would be possible on this level a few years back...

George89
10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
Are there even any EA games for XBOX live? I cant think of any, so I doubt they are going to make one with XBOX LIVE.:cuss:

JonTheCanuck
10-30-2003, 11:24 AM
yea EA doesn't make the greatest games. Sure bf1942 is fun when i play it on my pc, but the lag is horrible, along with very poor hit detection, u can shoot a guy standing still and sometimes miss, its ridiculous

Uchiha Sasuke
10-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JonTheCanuck
yea EA doesn't make the greatest games. Sure bf1942 is fun when i play it on my pc, but the lag is horrible, along with very poor hit detection, u can shoot a guy standing still and sometimes miss, its ridiculous

You must have a horrid connection. Cause I have never had those problems with the game yet.

Hugopolo
10-30-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JediMasterChief
Even with single player, I would be grateful...I don't have Xbox LIVE anyway so multiplayer does not really matter to me. But even BF1942's single player campaigns were excellent.
What are u crazy the AI in that game sucked even on 100% diffuculty they still all walked in like a wierd z motion and didnt understand how to take over an area it just plain sucked it was a waist of time

Seawolf1
10-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Having played BF1942 ans all the addons since its release on PC I can honestly say that BF1942 is not worth the purchase if you only get single player. BF1942 is only as good as it is as a multiplayer game and trust me folks it is the best massive multiplayer game maybe of all time.
If BF1942 made its way to Xbox Live it would be huge and yes maybe even a bigger hit than HALO2.
Problem is its an EA game and until EA gets out of bed with Sony we can expect these games to be wasted on the PS2 console.
I think eventually EA will have to take notice to all the money they are losing and work out some plan with microsoft for LIVE capability.

pepitonet
10-30-2003, 10:03 PM
i might go out of topic here but whoever buys anything with an EA sign for xbox should and will burn in hell......:cuss: if we all stop buying theier xbox products i bet they would take us seriously and give us the live support we seek

On topic i doagree with the guy that say that it would be a better hit than halo 2 if it was released online for xbox

ScottTheKilla
10-31-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by pepitonet
if we all stop buying theier xbox products i bet they would take us seriously and give us the live support we seek

Uh no EA would just stop producing any type of game for the xbox if that happened..Madden alone on any console sells that company enough to be able to do something like that. I think eventually microsoft and ea will work out a deal and hopefully not screw us over..the gamers. When a company sees a "more money" opportunity they usually will try and go after that....especially someone like ea.

JimmieDoogan
10-31-2003, 11:49 AM
EA is the worst Xbox dev out there only because they are completely uninterested in offering Xbox gamers the best possible gaming experiance. The only reason EA doesn't support live is because MS will not allow them to disbar people from playing they're old versions of sports games online. They want to make it so that they can stop you from playing the last years version when the new version comes out, and MS won't let them do that... so they rip Xbox gamers off by not offering them ANYTHING in terms of online play... I've always said screw EA, and I don't buy they're products (haven't since Buffy 1 came out) and I will do everything I can to avoid buying they're products for the rest of time... or at least until they're willing to offer Xbox gamers a worthwhile gaming experiance. Seeing as how that won't happen anytime soon, I say screw em... Yall can support a company who has no interest in offering us the best possible experiance, but I refuse to...

EA PORTS "They're F--kin Lame"