PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

frog11983
12-24-2001, 11:14 PM
Is it just me, or do any of you feel like a lot of the preveiws for games on this site are just wishfull? It seems to me like the release dates are inaccurate, the game thunderstrike 3 has a release date of January 1st, yet there are no images. Medal of Honor, which looks like a kick ass game, has a release date of January 15th, yet i haven't seen any ads for it, and the site doens't even mention x-box. Another game, Grand Theft Auto 3, the game I am the most excited for, doesn't ever mention that it is going to xbox on its ads. I am beginning to wonder how many of the games preveiwed on this are actually coming to xbox, and how many are rumors, or high hopes. Don't get me wrong, i am with xbox all the way, I love it. I just hope this site is telling me the truth about games that I so dearly want.

What do you think? I am open to criticism...

bahamut vc
12-25-2001, 04:15 PM
ive read at many websites the same official announcement made by take 2 interactive back in february, saying that they were already developing GTA3 for the xbox. (this website for example, and gamespot.com) but, ive also noticed in the GTA commercials there are no mentions of the xbox. im gonna try and stay positive though, i really hope this game comes to the xbox

Frostberg
12-25-2001, 05:22 PM
Well the point that they dont advertise for up and coming games is that if you see a killer advertisement for GTA3 for the PS2 and you have a PS2, you will want to buy it. So you buy it. Then a few months later you see GTA3 for the Xbox with better graphics and more leverls and stuff. You buy it. Rockstar makes double the money they normally would of. Now this wont happen to everybody. But for the preople that have both systems, you would want to wait to buy GTA3 for the Xbox than buy it now for the PS2. Rockstar is smart and they want you to spend as much as you can and buy the PS2 version and then later spend more money and buy the Xbox version. It isint really anything else than money. If they but the Xbox logo after say a commercial it wont help anything, because the release is too long away and they would prefer you DONT know about it and find out about it when they do some advertising on the Xbox version and see 9it in the stores how much better it is than the PS2 version you have lying at home and spend another $50 and buy it in the store. The same thing will happen to MGSx. Im also thinking if some things were taken out of GTA3 for the PS2 on purpose to "sell" the Xbox version. "With new ____ and extra ___".

frog11983
12-25-2001, 10:25 PM
I just read the new thread titled "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss", and apparently the brits are getting GTA3 as a launch title! This confirms it for me. The X-box is launching in March in Europe, so looks like we will see GTA3 around then, if not before......
It's gonna kick some ass!

Frostberg
12-25-2001, 10:28 PM
yeah we should still get it before them. Its like they are so excited they get GTA3 with launch they forgot we got our xbox 4 months earlier!