PDA

View Full Version : Merry Xbox-mas! What Did Santa Get U?

Ninja Scroll
12-24-2001, 11:15 PM
Ho, Ho, Ho, my fellow Xboxaddict friends!
Marry Xbox-mas from the offical xboxaddict Ninja! :)
As a Xbox fan and supporter this Super Hero Ninja just wants to know what Santa aka Parents, girl friends, & family got you all for christmas that was videogames related?
Note: their had better not be no PS2's under your d@mn tree's either! :)
Hope everyone enjoyed their Xbox Christmas! I know I did!!

VAN
12-25-2001, 12:06 AM
I bought myself an extra controller, Max Payne, and Silent Hill 2 :D

Markus_Kalarkus
12-25-2001, 07:09 AM
thats nuttin i got DOA3, halo spare controller and the xbox with a controller that it comes with!!!:D :D

Supperdog
12-25-2001, 09:17 AM
I gots me:

A dvd playback kit
Max Payne
Obi-Wan
High definition cables
A "ticket" for a free xbox game of my choice
and a lovely little 63' Toshiba flat screen HDTV

:D

XboxAddict04
12-26-2001, 01:07 AM
AN xbox:D nfl fever 2002:D DVD playback, and a madcatz controller:D :D :D :D

Snoopy7548
12-26-2001, 10:34 AM
dvd playback, fuzion frenzy, amped, simpsons road rage, and transworld surf

thedrisc
12-26-2001, 10:51 AM
My mom helped pay for 32" jvc TV

My wife got me:

Sony surround sound system
Project Gotham racing
Mc2 racing wheel

Man she is the best!

My brother:

Silent hill 2 (actually a $50.00 EB gift card he gave to me right before Christmas)

Hugh_Jass
12-26-2001, 11:34 AM
I got Mad Dash and Simpson's Road Rage.

I thought about going to pick up Silent Hill 2 but I'd really like to finish Azurik before I start SH2.

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 11:47 AM
Hey, Hugh...I would check out SH2 after Azurik just like you were thinking...that's exactly what I have in mind...but, I can't get over the fact that Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind is coming out soon :D That game I am really excited about!

In regards to what I got for Christmas, I got Electronic Art's NBA Live 2002 from my brother...great game, especially if you like the NBA! Amazing graphics and a lot of replay value on this one :) So far, I have only played multiplayer with my brother. This is, by far, the most beautiful basketball game I have ever seen :)

I also was gifted an additional official XBox controller (that makes three) plus an expansion pack which may come in handy. In addition, I also was gifted with the System Link Cables from my cousins :)

So far, this is my XBox set-up in totality:

XBox console
Three XBox controllers
One expansion pack
Advanced A/V Pack
One set of the System Link Cables
Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
NFL Fever 2002
NBA Live 2002
Azurik: Rise of Perathia
Max Payne
Star Wars Starfighter SE (I haven't yet received this after I won it here on XBoxaddict.com, but, it could be in the mail today - I did get a taste of it last night, though :) )
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee (I haven't received this yet, but, it's in the mail heading to my house :) )

Select50
12-26-2001, 12:56 PM
:( :( :( :( I GOT NOTHING!!!!!!! AHHHHHh... but my grandma is goign to seattle.. where my aunt works for microsoft.. and my grandma is trying to hook my up with max-payne. and obi-wan!! christmas may come late 4 me!!

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Select50
:( :( :( :( I GOT NOTHING!!!!!!! AHHHHHh... but my grandma is goign to seattle.. where my aunt works for microsoft.. and my grandma is trying to hook my up with max-payne. and obi-wan!! christmas may come late 4 me!!

By the way, if your Aunt works for Microsoft, she can get XBox games for $10 each! No joke, but, they have to be in stock in the "Microsoft store" (an employee only store) and they must be Microsoft published titles like Halo, PGR, Amped, Azurik, Oddworld, and NFL Fever to name a few.

Frostberg
12-26-2001, 01:08 PM
wow! is there a limit of the number of games you can purchase? You could buy games for $10 and have no toruble selling them for $40 online

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
wow! is there a limit of the number of games you can purchase? You could buy games for $10 and have no toruble selling them for $40 online

Well, I think Microsoft covered those grounds...They have each game labeled "not for resale"...but, I'm sure someone has gotten away with it.

And, yes, Microsoft employees are able to purchase $1000 per year on Microsoft software (no hardware). That may not sound like a whole lot, especially throughout an entire year, but, if you consider how innexpensive everything is, $1000 can go a long way! Pretty cool, huh!? :D

Microsoft XP, for example, was $20 instead of $200 for the entire OS (not the upgrade which is normally $100 retail). Microsoft Office is $50 at the Microsoft store, and I'm not sure what that costs retail, though...but, it must be expensive!

Yeah, but each Microsoft XBox game is $10 at the MS store for employees only...but, if you know someone that is willing to pick up a few games for you, I strongly recommend it, of course! Keep in mind that you are limited to Microsoft published titles only...and one that I am looking for is, of course, Brute Force when that puppy comes out!

Ninja Scroll
12-26-2001, 02:58 PM
Happy to see most of my fellow xboxaddict forum comrades had a happy Xbox Christmas!;)

Hermie133
12-26-2001, 03:22 PM
Let's put it this way, i got the xbox system and dvd playback a while back and used it for a day and then i had to put it away. Then opened it christmas eve. Christmas day i got Amped and another controller. I am hopin to get some games through my bro's friend's friend who works at Microsoft. But you say they can only be games made by microsoft to purchase through somone that works there?
To everyone....Have fun with ur new Xbox stuff!!!

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Hermie133
Let's put it this way, i got the xbox system and dvd playback a while back and used it for a day and then i had to put it away. Then opened it christmas eve. Christmas day i got Amped and another controller. I am hopin to get some games through my bro's friend's friend who works at Microsoft. But you say they can only be games made by microsoft to purchase through somone that works there?
To everyone....Have fun with ur new Xbox stuff!!!

Hermie, first off, you have the best signature of all time :D

Secondly, the answer is yes, to get XBox games for $10 from the "Microsoft Store" (that's what it is called), an employee of Microsoft can purchase them there. And, yes, they must be Microsoft published titles only...which isn't bad if you think about it...Here are a few examples of Microsoft published games: Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Azurik, NFL Fever, and Oddworld!! Also, my most awaited game is by Microsoft called Brute Force! I'm so pumped :D

Plewis
12-26-2001, 04:50 PM
How do you know this? and I got...
an extra controller (which makes the magic number of 4)
DVD Playback
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, btw, how many levels are in that game?
$50- to buy Bloodwake TOMORROW!

Frostberg
12-26-2001, 04:57 PM
there are 25 levels in munchs odyseey...
I was thinkin about bloodwake aswell...

Mark7305
12-26-2001, 06:25 PM
Well, I had a very merry xbox christmas as well. My bro got me Obi-Wan which I'm still playing as of right now. I myself will get for him Blood Wake on Friday when it come out here. THAT WILL BE AN AWESOME GAME!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! AHH!!!

Hermie133
12-27-2001, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

Thanks Man! and hopefully i can get some new cheap games then.

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Secondly, the answer is yes, to get XBox games for $10 from the "Microsoft Store" (that's what it is called), an employee of Microsoft can purchase them there. And, yes, they must be Microsoft published titles only...which isn't bad if you think about it...Here are a few examples of Microsoft published games: Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Azurik, NFL Fever, and Oddworld!! Also, my most awaited game is by Microsoft called Brute Force! I'm so pumped :D

Yo waximus!! It's been awhile my friend!:) how you been?
Well anyways, your right slim dog! Dude signature is one of the, if not the best d@mn signature in the forum or any for that matter!
I love it! I wonder how he pulled that off?
Way to go um... er.... whatever your name was! Way to go dude! :p

JAC
12-27-2001, 02:47 PM
Well, let's see.

I purchased the following as a present for me from my wife. (wow her job was easy eh?)

Xbox
xtra controller
dvd package
Halo
DOA3
Azurik
PGR

My wife wanted me to have more to open on xmas, so she snuck out and bought DOA3's strategy book. What a cutey! :)

Her parents got me a $50 card for Bestbuy, which I'll use to get BloodWake tomorrow. :)

Not bad, in fact, I think I cleaned house! hehe

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by JAC
Well, let's see.

I purchased the following as a present for me from my wife. (wow her job was easy eh?)

Xbox
xtra controller
dvd package
Halo
DOA3
Azurik
PGR

My wife wanted me to have more to open on xmas, so she snuck out and bought DOA3's strategy book. What a cutey! :)

Her parents got me a $50 card for Bestbuy, which I'll use to get BloodWake tomorrow. :)

Not bad, in fact, I think I cleaned house! hehe

Yo JAC, sweet deal kid! Um,... hey, a fellow xboxaddict to another, you think I could barrow your chick next year for Christmas?:D
Just kidding yo! She is a real sweet hart for hooking you up like that!

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-27-2001, 03:54 PM
X-Box
Extra Controller (NOW I HAVE 2)
Halo
PGR
DOA3

$50 (deciding on which game to buy)

JAC
12-27-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yo JAC, sweet deal kid! Um,... hey, a fellow xboxaddict to another, you think I could barrow your chick next year for Christmas?:D
Just kidding yo! She is a real sweet hart for hooking you up like that!

Hehe Yeah, and give up a good Christmas for me? Not likely. :P

I'll have to scan a picture of us and put it up, so I can reply to that picture thread with it. I'll try to do that soon.

K Dawg
12-27-2001, 09:41 PM
i got this for xmas from my fam

xbox
2 controllers
halo
pgr
nfl fever
nhl hitz

and i bought myself amped :0

i went to buy max payne from eb, and they didnt have any :(!!!!

skoot182
12-27-2001, 09:57 PM
My xbox Line up in total:

X-Box (DUH)
2 controllers
S-video setup
Audiovox 5 speaker stereo system
DVD Playback Kit
Memory card
NFL Fever 2002
PGR
THPS2X
Simpsons Road Rage
Amped Freestyle Snowboarding
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Fusion Frenzy (My sisters Game)

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 10:39 PM
skoot182, nice Christmas package you got there junior! :)
I noticed a few of you meantioned you got Silent Hill 2 & Max Payne for Christmas. Well,.... how are they?
I got a $30.00 gift certificate for a mall in VA called Tysons Corner. I was gonna head up there with a friend or two this weekend so I was gonna put $20.00 toward this gift certificate for an Xbox game.
I already own Halo & DOA3 so any type of comments about the title meantioned earlier would be appreciated guys! :)