PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 6, the demo

No Fear 23
10-26-2003, 07:27 PM
anybody play the demo yet?? i just got my oxm and i played it. to be honest, the graphics are awesome, but the control scheme are kinda ghey. when i fire, the whole screen shakes and the gun flies all over the screen. i know they are trying to be as realistic as possible, but that was just neccesary. the look sensitivley is slow, but u can increase that, which was a good thing. the only bad thing about it is how the gun flies all over ur screen as u fire it. also, i expeirenced some 'hicups' during the demo, im guessing its the demo's fault since its not 'completed' and is from oxm. im sure it wont be like that in the real game.

what do ya think?

i think i may get that game anyway and i think i can get used to it.

Dark Enemy
10-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Gun Flying all over like that can be hard to see but i think i can live with it. A few more days and ill be owning:cool:

Marc_01
10-26-2003, 07:39 PM
I thought everything looked and worked great. There were some frame rate issuses in a couple of spots but not enough to really matter.

As far as the screen shaking around, I think its cool along with the other screen effects.

I was really shocked the voice commands were in the demo. Shouting "Open that damn door and clear the room" and they really do, which is pretty crazy.

If the game is even more polished from the demo, it will be impressive.

No Fear 23
10-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Marc_01
I thought everything looked and worked great. There were some frame rate issuses in a couple of spots but not enough to really matter.

As far as the screen shaking around, I think its cool along with the other screen effects.

I was really shocked the voice commands were in the demo. Shouting "Open that damn door and clear the room" and they really do, which is pretty crazy.

If the game is even more polished from the demo, it will be impressive.

lol, which reminds me, i forgot to try that out. what are the voice commands?

Cold_As_Ice
10-26-2003, 08:09 PM
I thought the demo was excellent, except for the fact that almost all of the textures in the game were of an extremely low rezolution. Of course, though, this is a demo after all. Other than that, this game is totally awesome, and extremely polished. It is a must have.:D

FragMaster B
10-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

lol, which reminds me, i forgot to try that out. what are the voice commands?

Anything thats in the team command menu you can use in voice command. I think...

Also, the December OXM has a list of ALL of the voice commands.

JJaX
10-26-2003, 08:57 PM
The gun flying all over really adds to the realism.

And 3 words for you chief, "Short controlled bursts"

All it takes is a bullet in the head.

Organ Donor
10-26-2003, 09:55 PM
This game is amazing! It is like having 3 other people right there playing with you at all times. Your squad members are so smart and the voice commands rule.

:hail: R6:3

level3hadoken
10-26-2003, 10:20 PM
i didnt think there was any thing wrong with the demo,i liked everything and thought the graphics were sweet .i cant wait cuz it comes out in a couple days.

Titty
10-26-2003, 10:58 PM
the gun flying all over is called ret knock which in reality its what guns to when people fire them. this game is made for its realism and you can't expect a game like rtcw or whatever where it takes forever to kill.

here theres going to be a lot of 1 shot 1 kills which in reality is very possible. 1 shot to the head and your dead and thats what r6 is shootin for. amazing realistic game which xbl needs because im getting tired of waisting clips of bullets and no one dieing.

JJaX
10-26-2003, 11:00 PM
In R6, you can take much more of a beating than GR.

MerimacHamwich
10-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
In R6, you can take much more of a beating than GR.
You think you'll be playing more R6:3, Ghost Recon or Island Thunder?
Which is more popular right now? Island Thunder or Ghost Recon?

JJaX
10-26-2003, 11:24 PM
GR:IT seems to be more popular. With the chat indicator, new weapons and souds.

GR:IT is like the only game i play on XBL at the moment. BUt im sure when R6 comes out, most of us will be on that.

But this is just according to my buddy list.

MerimacHamwich
10-26-2003, 11:31 PM
I'd like to start getting some games in with you guys. You always seem to have reliable servers and a general good time. So, I am kinda gauging what games to get in the future based on that.
:cheers:

CarGuy
10-26-2003, 11:33 PM
The gun shakes around, but if you fire a whole clip at a wall you'll see that you're actually very accurate. It's a trade off. In GR your bullets go flying every which way when you hold down the trigger, but your screen stays still. Only thing i dont like about the demo is that the hand gun sounds are lame. Other than that this looks like it's going to be one of the best games ever. I'm salivating thinking about playing this on Live.

JJaX
10-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I'd like to start getting some games in with you guys. You always seem to have reliable servers and a general good time. So, I am kinda gauging what games to get in the future based on that.
:cheers:

Yeah, we are trying to start up some practice sessions in GR:IT. Come find us Tues and Weds around 6:00 EST.

bulls27
10-27-2003, 12:32 AM
I wasn't that interesting in Rainbow Six until I played the Demo, now I am sure going to pick this one up.

ScottTheKilla
10-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Im hoping to get this on friday...great game! Ya to avoid the shaking just aim for center mass on the perp or double tap to the head for single shot and short 3-5 round bursts for automatic fire.....just like real life. This game is very accurate for realism. I really like the thermal vision effects. With all the great graphics and effects I wonder about lag on live though..

What do you guys think about lag issues?

silvertrace
10-27-2003, 10:55 AM
i'm sure the game will play smooth...i'm most excited about the amount of weapons you can carry...and the zoom on the pistol

i wonder if they will sell the new headset seperately...

JJaX
10-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
i'm sure the game will play smooth...i'm most excited about the amount of weapons you can carry...and the zoom on the pistol

i wonder if they will sell the new headset seperately...

Sup maayne

You can by the game with the headset, or without. And i recall seeing headsets for like $20. BUt im not sure if its the same one that comes boxed in with R6.